We're now on Instagram! And to populate it, we bring you never before seen pictures of our in-development science lab and university mission maps (procedural in nature). We'll be tweeting many of the things we put there as well. And probably make the occasional 'up till now' post here for everyone who doesn't want to use either. So here's a link to our Instagram feed, and some of the pictures we're showing there.
Hair moves in real life. So of course, we expect it to move in our games. Unfortunately, that's actually quite a technical challenge. Today we're going to go over the various options available to us, the pros and cons of each, and in the end, which one we're probably going to be using and why. All of these options are native to Unreal Engine 4. Which is to say, none involve 3rd party software.
Today's DW, instead of a video, is about an interesting development in the Unreal 4 engine with a disproportionate impact on development.
Those who've been following us a while know that we were seeking to develop various parts of the game separately and in modular form. We went into detail on this in our update Pieces of the Game (link here). Part of it was simply due to the scattered nature of the team, part of it the sheer size of the project involved. Part was also for easier maintenance and discovery and elimination of bugs throughout the life of the game.