Discuss: Pre-Alpha Chargen - Make Anyone

952 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mordheim13
Mordheim13's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 5 days ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 07/17/2014 - 13:22
Brainbot wrote:
Brainbot wrote:

I just don't see the value in giving Jimmy 'the mentally 13 years old' player any help in making puerile crotch inspired characters. They are going to be able to do it just fine without help of a junk slider.

Lothic is right, no doink slider means less customization, but I just don't think that particular customization is worth the trouble. To me, it's not about limiting options, it's about weighing the benefits vs the hassle. I don't want to have trouble getting 'in game support' because they are all busy reviewing/banning some new leet speak or creatively spelled version of Bonerman, Testiclese the Barbarian or The Atomic Penis. I don't need to accurately represent all guys manhood sizes from Ken Jeong to Ron Jeremy if it increases the chance of playing with a guy named Ballsax who spend his time making dumb jokes about his nuts playing a musical instrument. I have spent enough time in other games where this kinda crap is common enough that I just would rather avoid the whole thing. It's one of the reasons why I left Exiles so quickly and why I never played Saints Row in multiplayer after that first time.

But a more accurate representation of human anatomy than some games have had isn't out of order. I personally don't see an issue with either the DCU crotch or the CoT example crotch. Both are perfectly acceptable to me personally.
The only problem is that the more 'bulge' there is, the more trouble there is in animating the model. It would probably be better served if the devs used texture tricks to simulate depth as opposed to altering the topography of the model. If the devs do go the texture for depth route then it becomes increasingly difficult to include a slider (texture tricks tend to require a specific size composition and look very bad when manipulated).
For those that missed it, the overuse of unfunny penis puns/jokes was to illustrate what would, in all probability, become more common than the deluge we already have playing games without sex organ sliders.

Well said. it's about common sense, not counter-customization.

Shocking Blu

Fireheart
Fireheart's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 2 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/05/2013 - 13:45
Mordheim13 wrote:
Mordheim13 wrote:

Well said. it's about common sense, not counter-customization.

I'm alright with one crotch fits all. Or, one (male) crotch fits all (males).

Whichever works.

Be Well!
Fireheart

Brainbot
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 12 hours ago
Joined: 04/25/2016 - 21:30
Mordheim13 wrote:
Mordheim13 wrote:

Well said. it's about common sense, not counter-customization.

Not being argumentative, just want to be clear.
I am not saying Lothic is wrong, we just place a different value on different things. To Lothic (at the risk of assuming, she can correct me if I make an ass out of myself) places more value on customization than having to deal with the childish issues a pecker slider might incur. So to her it is about counter customization. She may not feel that the childish stuff is a negative for whatever reason (she can ignore it, she finds it funny ect) so it doesn't become a factor in her value judgement.

I find in situations where the subject is purely an opinion it's better to state your reasoning without attacking those that disagree. If we all did that then this odd microcosm of the frivolity (my opinion) would have ended long ago.

Redlynne
Redlynne's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 24 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/28/2013 - 21:15
Why offer a "package" slider

Why offer a "package" slider when a (*cough*) ... Pull Down Menu ... (*ahem!*) of preset options would work just as well? Although, given the context of such a suggestion ... o.O;


Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.
Empyrean
Empyrean's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 8 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/16/2014 - 07:51
Fireheart wrote:
Fireheart wrote:
Fireheart wrote:

I would certainly support a slightly less doll-like profile in the models.

I trust the Devs to do a good job.

There.

Be Well!
Fireheart

Well, I'll leave it at +1 to this IMHO :).

FIGHT EVIL! (or go cause trouble so the Heroes have something to do.)

notears
notears's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 5 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/04/2013 - 17:24
This whole conversation

This whole conversation reminds me of that one time in pocket D when someone made a guy that looks like a dick with the amry hat and the organic chest and legs and then started make dick jokes. It was good for a laugh and if he had over stayed his welcome I would've been annoyed with him

ivanhedgehog
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 43 min ago
kickstarter
Joined: 11/04/2013 - 12:46
Lothic wrote:
Lothic wrote:
jtpaull wrote:
Lothic wrote:

because of some twisted moral hangup/taboo then I'd consider that simply sad and narrow-minded.

lol. Think like me or you're twisted and narrow-minded!

On this subject... yes. Try to explain that reactionary position in any other way that doesn't sound insane.

I for one support Lothic, I am really looking forwards to making Captain Codpiece!!!!

The Codpiece Shall rise Again!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait a sec, that didnt sound right.....

seriously, there will be enough sexy blaster barbies, a junk slider wouldnt be a big deal.

Lothic
Lothic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/02/2013 - 00:27
One of the hazards of making

One of the hazards of making a habit of playing Devil's Advocate on forums like these is sometimes I find myself arguing for positions that are, shall we say, not terribly popular. Clearly the debate on whether this game should stick to traditional Barbie and Ken Doll anatomies versus adopting more realistic ones remains a "hot button issue" considering how many times it keeps being independently brought up on this forum over the years.

As Brainbot has speculated I have attempted to approach the issue not from a question of whether it's "socially taboo" or even as much from the point of view of it being an "appropriate use of Dev time/effort to implement" but simply as a question of what he's called "counter-customization". To me something like a bulge slider or a nip bump slider is an abstract thing that should be debated as a point of customization for our characters just as much as any face slider or height slider might be. In 2018 I simply don't see the need to remain childishly parochial about such things.

If we can argue the merits of these things just at the level of considering them "generic sliders" like any other then the entire debate simplifies considerably. We know some games (particularly many modern Korean MMOs) tend to get carried away with providing hundreds of sliders for extremely tiny facial details which arguably would never be noticeable during normal play. Is this the metric we should use to determine if any given single slider should be implemented in CoT? Should we (or even could we?) come up with some kind of definitive benchmark to objectively determine whether slider X is more "globally relevant" than slider Y is based on some kind of scientific survey?

Clearly there are going to be sliders in the character creator of this game that are going to be considered more fundamentally useful/important than a bulge slider or nip bump slider will ever be. But just as easily I could argue that a bulge slider or nip bump slider is likely more useful in terms of customization freedom than say a fourth or fifth semi-redundant eyebrow angle slider. As I've always said everything is relative in this game.

Ultimately there is value in having these discussions because it provides the Devs some insight into what their future potential players are thinking about. Even I'll acknowledge that -not- having a bulge slider or nip bump slider in this game would likely -not- prevent me from wanting to play this game. For me this remains a basic issue of wanting as many customization options as possible, even if that simplistic desire allows for scenarios that some might find questionable for any number of reasons legitimate or otherwise.

I think what annoys me the most about this is the apparent Dev attitude concerning this topic. In a game that otherwise lauds itself for trying to provide as many character customization options as possible the Devs here seem to act as if they've actually -accomplished- something by totally ignoring this entire area of customization. Instead of acknowledging that they've sheepishly avoided dealing with this topic in a mature fashion they've instead implied they now have "no worries" after turning a blind eye to their own paradigm of "providing as many options as possible".

I get that the Devs of any game will never be able to offer "everything to everybody" but I really don't think they should be openly HAPPY to be willing to give up on something like this so easily. What's next? Will they give up on wings or hair animation just because those things are hard to do and only a subset of the playerbase actually wants them? All I'm saying is that the Devs should be very mindful where they decide to draw the line between what they judge to be worthwhile for this game. At the very least they shouldn't be -proud- of the fact that they can't offer everything to everybody.

CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

Mordheim13
Mordheim13's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 5 days ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 07/17/2014 - 13:22
Is it truly mature to equate

Is it truly mature to equate having a large or small penis, or showing nipples through clothing, with having wings available in a superhero game, or a variety of hairstyles available in any game? Dress it up as you please, but the crusade to have visible genitalia is simply that. Do keep in mind that there will be younger players on the game, it's not just YOUR (whoever the "you" might specifically be) little playground. Allow me to use an example from CoH. I once teamed with a family which played the game together (mother, father, three kids of various ages) for a few hours in Croatoa. During that time, I toned down language and watched my humor out of RESPECT (there IS such a thing). But what if I had had a character with nipple bumps, camel-toe, and nothing but butt-floss? There would be no way to "tone that down." Are those parents "narrow-minded" for not wanting their kids to see a cartoon version of superhero Playboy? Or should they have to be excluded from the game? Such attitudes I consider to be intellectual bullying : "If you have standards, you are narrow-minded." Just as much as "If you wear a skirt, you're a whore" (One I have heard ad nauseum).
Surely there must be ahappy medium between "Paw Patrol" and "Girls Gone Wild."

Shocking Blu

rookslide
rookslide's picture
Offline
Last seen: 33 min 46 sec ago
kickstarter
Joined: 09/25/2013 - 10:26
Mordheim13 wrote:
Mordheim13 wrote:

Is it truly mature to equate having a large or small penis, or showing nipples through clothing, with having wings available in a superhero game, or a variety of hairstyles available in any game? Dress it up as you please, but the crusade to have visible genitalia is simply that. Do keep in mind that there will be younger players on the game, it's not just YOUR (whoever the "you" might specifically be) little playground. Allow me to use an example from CoH. I once teamed with a family which played the game together (mother, father, three kids of various ages) for a few hours in Croatoa. During that time, I toned down language and watched my humor out of RESPECT (there IS such a thing). But what if I had had a character with nipple bumps, camel-toe, and nothing but butt-floss? There would be no way to "tone that down." Are those parents "narrow-minded" for not wanting their kids to see a cartoon version of superhero Playboy? Or should they have to be excluded from the game? Such attitudes I consider to be intellectual bullying : "If you have standards, you are narrow-minded." Just as much as "If you wear a skirt, you're a whore" (One I have heard ad nauseum).
Surely there must be ahappy medium between "Paw Patrol" and "Girls Gone Wild."

I had similar experiences on COH and agree that a happy medium would be best. Especially since I have younger family members that will likely want to play this game one day as well.

"A sad spectacle. If they be inhabited, what a scope for misery and folly. If they be not inhabited, what a waste of space." ~ Thomas Carlyle

Huckleberry
Huckleberry's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 01/03/2016 - 08:39
Mordheim13 wrote:
Mordheim13 wrote:

Is it truly mature to equate having a large or small penis, or showing nipples through clothing, with having wings available in a superhero game, or a variety of hairstyles available in any game? Dress it up as you please, but the crusade to have visible genitalia is simply that.

I really don't know where you got the impression that anyone was asking for visible genetalia. And the only reason a slider was even mentioned, if you choose to do the research, was to actually enable the option to make a package smaller, not larger. Please stop using such straw-man arguments.


I like to take your ideas and supersize them. This isn't criticism, it is flattery. I come with nothing but good will and a spirit of team-building. If you take what I write any other way, that is probably just because I wasn't very clear.
Wolfgang8565
Wolfgang8565's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 10/31/2014 - 14:51
Huckleberry wrote:
Huckleberry wrote:
Mordheim13 wrote:

Is it truly mature to equate having a large or small penis, or showing nipples through clothing, with having wings available in a superhero game, or a variety of hairstyles available in any game? Dress it up as you please, but the crusade to have visible genitalia is simply that.

I really don't know where you got the impression that anyone was asking for visible genetalia. And the only reason a slider was even mentioned, if you choose to do the research, was to actually enable the option to make a package smaller, not larger. Please stop using such straw-man arguments.

I agree. The people against having a slider or any kind of bulge seem to insinuate in a ridiculous way that we want to see moose knuckles running around the city. Or have heroes running around with extremely large bulges scaring off the children that could be playing the game. I dont know how many times "anatomically correct" has come up and that is all we are asking for.

Mordheim13
Mordheim13's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 5 days ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 07/17/2014 - 13:22
Huckleberry wrote:
Huckleberry wrote:
Mordheim13 wrote:

Is it truly mature to equate having a large or small penis, or showing nipples through clothing, with having wings available in a superhero game, or a variety of hairstyles available in any game? Dress it up as you please, but the crusade to have visible genitalia is simply that.

I really don't know where you got the impression that anyone was asking for visible genetalia. And the only reason a slider was even mentioned, if you choose to do the research, was to actually enable the option to make a package smaller, not larger. Please stop using such straw-man arguments.

It's not "straw man" and you know it. I guess you weren't very clear, here. Positively opaque.

Shocking Blu

Huckleberry
Huckleberry's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 01/03/2016 - 08:39
Mordheim13 wrote:
Mordheim13 wrote:

It's not "straw man" and you know it. I guess you weren't very clear, here. Positively opaque.

Yes. Actually. It is a straw man argument:

straw man - A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.


I like to take your ideas and supersize them. This isn't criticism, it is flattery. I come with nothing but good will and a spirit of team-building. If you take what I write any other way, that is probably just because I wasn't very clear.
ivanhedgehog
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 43 min ago
kickstarter
Joined: 11/04/2013 - 12:46
Wolfgang8565 wrote:
Wolfgang8565 wrote:
Huckleberry wrote:
Mordheim13 wrote:

Is it truly mature to equate having a large or small penis, or showing nipples through clothing, with having wings available in a superhero game, or a variety of hairstyles available in any game? Dress it up as you please, but the crusade to have visible genitalia is simply that.

I really don't know where you got the impression that anyone was asking for visible genetalia. And the only reason a slider was even mentioned, if you choose to do the research, was to actually enable the option to make a package smaller, not larger. Please stop using such straw-man arguments.

c
I agree. The people against having a slider or any kind of bulge seem to insinuate in a ridiculous way that we want to see moose knuckles running around the city. Or have heroes running around with extremely large bulges scaring off the children that could be playing the game. I dont know how many times "anatomically correct" has come up and that is all we are asking for.

There will be quite a few sliders that most people never use, just because they are obscure.I can see a "groin adjustment parameter" being limited to a +-20% or some such number not being a problem. Allowing both 'captain codpiece' and "robbie robot" to get an appropriate look. a compromise to allow that finishing touch but not allowing grotesque parodies.

rookslide
rookslide's picture
Offline
Last seen: 33 min 46 sec ago
kickstarter
Joined: 09/25/2013 - 10:26
ivanhedgehog wrote:
ivanhedgehog wrote:
Wolfgang8565 wrote:
Huckleberry wrote:
Mordheim13 wrote:

Is it truly mature to equate having a large or small penis, or showing nipples through clothing, with having wings available in a superhero game, or a variety of hairstyles available in any game? Dress it up as you please, but the crusade to have visible genitalia is simply that.

I really don't know where you got the impression that anyone was asking for visible genetalia. And the only reason a slider was even mentioned, if you choose to do the research, was to actually enable the option to make a package smaller, not larger. Please stop using such straw-man arguments.

c
I agree. The people against having a slider or any kind of bulge seem to insinuate in a ridiculous way that we want to see moose knuckles running around the city. Or have heroes running around with extremely large bulges scaring off the children that could be playing the game. I dont know how many times "anatomically correct" has come up and that is all we are asking for.

There will be quite a few sliders that most people never use, just because they are obscure.I can see a "groin adjustment parameter" being limited to a +-20% or some such number not being a problem. Allowing both 'captain codpiece' and "robbie robot" to get an appropriate look. a compromise to allow that finishing touch but not allowing grotesque parodies.

This sounds reasonable.

"A sad spectacle. If they be inhabited, what a scope for misery and folly. If they be not inhabited, what a waste of space." ~ Thomas Carlyle

Brainbot
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 12 hours ago
Joined: 04/25/2016 - 21:30
Lothic wrote:
Lothic wrote:

I get that the Devs of any game will never be able to offer "everything to everybody" but I really don't think they should be openly HAPPY to be willing to give up on something like this so easily. What's next? Will they give up on wings or hair animation just because those things are hard to do and only a subset of the playerbase actually wants them? All I'm saying is that the Devs should be very mindful where they decide to draw the line between what they judge to be worthwhile for this game. At the very least they shouldn't be -proud- of the fact that they can't offer everything to everybody.

I don't think the devs are expressing joy at not including this 'feature'. I suspect it has more to do with incredulity with the subject matter of the question.

I also think that the amount of use a particular feature may have should very much be a factor in deciding to include it or not. The expected/estimated/guessed size of that player base subset determines just how much developer effort they should devote to any feature. I am pretty sure the devs are being mindful of what to include or not in the game it's just their value judgement is different that yours (or mine for that matter). But you know this already because you said basically it yourself.

Mordheim13 wrote:

But what if I had had a character with nipple bumps, camel-toe, and nothing but butt-floss? There would be no way to "tone that down." Are those parents "narrow-minded" for not wanting their kids to see a cartoon version of superhero Playboy? Or should they have to be excluded from the game? Such attitudes I consider to be intellectual bullying : "If you have standards, you are narrow-minded." Just as much as "If you wear a skirt, you're a whore" (One I have heard ad nauseum).
Surely there must be ahappy medium between "Paw Patrol" and "Girls Gone Wild."

There are other options to self censor that don't require something that might be objectionable be removed. Not the least of which is for that parent with kids to simply not team with your exampled character. Alternate costume slots, not making the offensive character to begin with, warning potential teams what they can expect from your character and so on are all expected options the game will have.

Wolfgang8565 wrote:

I agree. The people against having a slider or any kind of bulge seem to insinuate in a ridiculous way that we want to see moose knuckles running around the city. Or have heroes running around with extremely large bulges scaring off the children that could be playing the game. I dont know how many times "anatomically correct" has come up and that is all we are asking for.

Well considering this was started by the extremely mature post you made:

Wolfgang8565 wrote:

Wait... no bulges?
What the frick

I mean when you troll out a childish post you have to expect childish responses.
In addition to that, there is only one person trying to equate the request of a more anatomically correct figure with visible sex organs. If you want to be respected for your opinions at least show respect back.

Atama
Atama's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 1 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 22:32
My “love muscle” comment was

My “love muscle” comment was a joke, primarily because presumably there will be other “muscle” sliders and that would help it “fit in”. In all seriousness I think such a slider would be a bad idea. It would draw too much negative attention for little or no gain. Just have the standard generic “tights bump” traditional in comics and call it good.

I’m not a prude, I own Conan Exiles since beta and I’ve used the male genetalia slider (and it’s not a bulge, you see the thing literally flopping around in that game if you wear no pants). But what fits in that game won’t fit in this one.

Chance Jackson
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 days ago
kickstarter
Joined: 10/13/2013 - 19:10
Totally Hyped, good year for

Totally Hyped, good year for Super Heroey News

Issue 0 CoH player barely let my subscription lapse before NC Soft called it quits; my incarnate gear *Sniff*
Global: Chance Jackson; Triumph: Liege Cheetatron X, Fight of Your Life, Down Right Fierce, Infernal Samurai, Time May Change Me etc

Huckleberry
Huckleberry's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 01/03/2016 - 08:39
Atama wrote:
Atama wrote:

My “love muscle” comment was a joke, primarily because presumably there will be other “muscle” sliders and that would help it “fit in”. In all seriousness I think such a slider would be a bad idea. It would draw too much negative attention for little or no gain. Just have the standard generic “tights bump” traditional in comics and call it good.

I’m not a prude, I own Conan Exiles since beta and I’ve used the male genetalia slider (and it’s not a bulge, you see the thing literally flopping around in that game if you wear no pants). But what fits in that game won’t fit in this one.

I agree that a slider begets undue scrutiny.
But I think a simple toggle would be just fine. As has been expressed in this thread and others, there will be some character designs who will use the male body model but will also be be missing or not have any package for very legitimate reasons. I think it would be a good idea to give those characters the option.


I like to take your ideas and supersize them. This isn't criticism, it is flattery. I come with nothing but good will and a spirit of team-building. If you take what I write any other way, that is probably just because I wasn't very clear.
Mordheim13
Mordheim13's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 5 days ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 07/17/2014 - 13:22
Huckleberry wrote:
Huckleberry wrote:
Mordheim13 wrote:

It's not "straw man" and you know it. I guess you weren't very clear, here. Positively opaque.

Yes. Actually. It is a straw man argument:

straw man - A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.

And there you have it. By the definition, my argument was not Straw Man. Presenting an equivalent example is not Straw Man. If I may be forgiven making a Biblical reference (this seems like maybe the wrong crowd, in many cases): when Jesus said: "The Kingdom of Heaven is like..." He was not saying: "The Kingdom of Heaven literally is..." He was making an allusion to help the people listening to better understand. Big difference between that and a Straw Man argument.

Shocking Blu

Wolfgang8565
Wolfgang8565's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 10/31/2014 - 14:51
Brainbot wrote:
Brainbot wrote:
Wolfgang8565 wrote:

I agree. The people against having a slider or any kind of bulge seem to insinuate in a ridiculous way that we want to see moose knuckles running around the city. Or have heroes running around with extremely large bulges scaring off the children that could be playing the game. I dont know how many times "anatomically correct" has come up and that is all we are asking for.

Well considering this was started by the extremely mature post you made:

Wolfgang8565 wrote:

Wait... no bulges?
What the frick

I mean when you troll out a childish post you have to expect childish responses.
In addition to that, there is only one person trying to equate the request of a more anatomically correct figure with visible sex organs. If you want to be respected for your opinions at least show respect back.

Im sorry I have a personality. And how is making a gripe in a joking matter turned into trolling, lack of respect, and childish? Not every comment has to be so serious, abundant in fancy words, and grammatically correct. So, lighten up.

Edit: Oh and who insulted who first? So that's an interesting comment about showing maturity.

Fireheart
Fireheart's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 2 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/05/2013 - 13:45
So, how about those (insert

So, how about those (insert sports team).

Be Well!
Fireheart

notears
notears's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 5 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/04/2013 - 17:24
(No subject)

Chance Jackson
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 days ago
kickstarter
Joined: 10/13/2013 - 19:10
When will we get a chance to

When will we get a chance to play with the Character creator?

Issue 0 CoH player barely let my subscription lapse before NC Soft called it quits; my incarnate gear *Sniff*
Global: Chance Jackson; Triumph: Liege Cheetatron X, Fight of Your Life, Down Right Fierce, Infernal Samurai, Time May Change Me etc

notears
notears's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 5 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/04/2013 - 17:24
Like seriously, this whole

Like seriously, this whole thread went from a conversation about the costume design, to a conversation about dongs, to full out flame war. Yes arguing can help, but not when we're insulting each other. Don't care who started it either, it doesn't help stop with the flame war.

Mordheim13
Mordheim13's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 5 days ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 07/17/2014 - 13:22
It's been burnin' since the

It's been burnin' since the world's been turnin'...

Shocking Blu

Brainbot
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 12 hours ago
Joined: 04/25/2016 - 21:30
Wolfgang8565 wrote:
Wolfgang8565 wrote:

Im sorry I have a personality. And how is making a gripe in a joking matter turned into trolling, lack of respect, and childish? Not every comment has to be so serious, abundant in fancy words, and grammatically correct. So, lighten up.

Edit: Oh and who insulted who first? So that's an interesting comment about showing maturity.

Look, you seem to have missed what I was pointing out. You initiated the less than serious or respectful tone and then tried to act as the injured party claiming everyone is being ridiculous. I pointed out this fact and corrected the overly broad and entirely inaccurate opinion that 'The people against having a slider...' are ridiculous. For reference, only one is.

You can't have it both ways, you can't play it off as a joke then call foul when other decide to try their hand at humor. I don't care what your personality is or how many fancy words you use. If you want to have your position respected then you have to respect others.

And I am not insulting you, I am pointing out the obvious hypocrisy.

Wolfgang8565
Wolfgang8565's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 10/31/2014 - 14:51
Brainbot wrote:
Brainbot wrote:
Wolfgang8565 wrote:

Im sorry I have a personality. And how is making a gripe in a joking matter turned into trolling, lack of respect, and childish? Not every comment has to be so serious, abundant in fancy words, and grammatically correct. So, lighten up.

Edit: Oh and who insulted who first? So that's an interesting comment about showing maturity.

Look, you seem to have missed what I was pointing out. You initiated the less than serious or respectful tone and then tried to act as the injured party claiming everyone is being ridiculous. I pointed out this fact and corrected the overly broad and entirely inaccurate opinion that 'The people against having a slider...' are ridiculous. For reference, only one is.

You can't have it both ways, you can't play it off as a joke then call foul when other decide to try their hand at humor. I don't care what your personality is or how many fancy words you use. If you want to have your position respected then you have to respect others.

And I am not insulting you, I am pointing out the obvious hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy that isn't there? Where was this humor that you state I couldn't take? Nowhere.

There has been more than one comment making it sound like the people for sliders or bulges at all, are just being perverse. That was my point.

Im sorry my comment was "less than serious" and not in a "respectful tone." I mean honestly? Who sits here judging the tone and the seriousness of ones comments? You have too much time on your hands buddy. Get some fresh air!

chase
chase's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 14 hours ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/23/2013 - 11:11
Fireheart wrote:
Fireheart wrote:

So, how about those (insert sports team).

Be Well!
Fireheart

Hmm, it used to be that the 3 online topics to avoid were politics, religion, and professional sports.

When you gotta dig one of those out to divert attention AWAY from "package slider" debates... well, I'm sure there's some meme akin to Godwin's Law that could explain this...

notears
notears's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 5 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/04/2013 - 17:24
can we atleast move it? I

can we atleast move it? I mean yeah I get that it's part of the main discussion, but when all this conversation is pointed to one small tiny piece of the character creator, then we should move it to another thread all together, like a lot of questions on here are being buried by all this talk of dongs and jiggle physics. Maybe we should make a new thread just for this kind of talk? Like 3 pages of this stuff is getting old...

notears
notears's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 5 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/04/2013 - 17:24
Actually you know what? Did

Actually you know what? Did it already, here's the thread https://cityoftitans.com/forum/lets-argue-dong-sliders-breast-sliders-and-jiggle-physics I'm honestly getting tired of costume threads being derailed with discussions about umentionables. Do it in this thread please.

Hero_Zero
Hero_Zero's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 11 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/20/2015 - 11:54
I'm reminded of Pandora's box

I'm reminded of Pandora's box.

ivanhedgehog
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 43 min ago
kickstarter
Joined: 11/04/2013 - 12:46
notears wrote:
notears wrote:

can we atleast move it? I mean yeah I get that it's part of the main discussion, but when all this conversation is pointed to one small tiny piece of the character creator, then we should move it to another thread all together, like a lot of questions on here are being buried by all this talk of dongs and jiggle physics. Maybe we should make a new thread just for this kind of talk? Like 3 pages of this stuff is getting old...

small tiny piece????? savage

this has been a test of the emergency humor system. this is only a test.

so on a better note..Are preparations for a more full time operation in the works or will you keep it more part time for the time being? We ask because we are excited as a kid with straight a's before christmas. we are ready to test out whatever you need testing....even crotch sliders.....

Brainbot
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 12 hours ago
Joined: 04/25/2016 - 21:30
Wolfgang8565 wrote:
Wolfgang8565 wrote:

Hypocrisy that isn't there? Where was this humor that you state I couldn't take? Nowhere.

There has been more than one comment making it sound like the people for sliders or bulges at all, are just being perverse. That was my point.

Im sorry my comment was "less than serious" and not in a "respectful tone." I mean honestly? Who sits here judging the tone and the seriousness of ones comments? You have too much time on your hands buddy. Get some fresh air!

Fine there is no hypocrisy. When you make a joke it's 'your personality'. When others make a joke it's 'ridiculous'. Or wait, could it be that the jokes just were not funny much like yours.

And yes you are right all those comments that came from one person that accuse you of being perverse are because we got together at Sizzler and hashed out what one person was going to say. Or maybe it's just that one guy who keeps making those claims all on his own.

Furthermore, when you tell people they are being ridiculous it is in no way judging the tone and seriousness of their comments but when I point out your tone and seriousness I just have too much time on my hands is a correct evaluation of the situation. Or maybe you have just given another example of hypocrisy.

All I wanted was for you to not lump me in with a particular and, I agree' ridiculous poster and acknowledge that not everyone who disagrees with a slider is calling you perverse. I also wanted you to stop vilifying those that oppose you by throwing us all in one bucket and telling us we are being ridiculous, especially when you started the topic in a ridiculous manner. For example, you could look at posts by notears, rookslide, Cobalt Azurean, jtpaull and myself to see reasons why we disagree with a male enhancement slider that have nothing to do with calling you a pervert. You don't have to agree, but at least show those of us the same respect we have shown you by not calling out how ridiculous it is to basically shout out 'Hey I want to see a bulge'. You are smart enough to know the end result of you original post so getting mad about it now is disingenuous.

Wolfgang8565
Wolfgang8565's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 10/31/2014 - 14:51
Brainbot wrote:
Brainbot wrote:
Wolfgang8565 wrote:

Hypocrisy that isn't there? Where was this humor that you state I couldn't take? Nowhere.

There has been more than one comment making it sound like the people for sliders or bulges at all, are just being perverse. That was my point.

Im sorry my comment was "less than serious" and not in a "respectful tone." I mean honestly? Who sits here judging the tone and the seriousness of ones comments? You have too much time on your hands buddy. Get some fresh air!

Fine there is no hypocrisy. When you make a joke it's 'your personality'. When others make a joke it's 'ridiculous'. Or wait, could it be that the jokes just were not funny much like yours.

And yes you are right all those comments that came from one person that accuse you of being perverse are because we got together at Sizzler and hashed out what one person was going to say. Or maybe it's just that one guy who keeps making those claims all on his own.

Furthermore, when you tell people they are being ridiculous it is in no way judging the tone and seriousness of their comments but when I point out your tone and seriousness I just have too much time on my hands is a correct evaluation of the situation. Or maybe you have just given another example of hypocrisy.

All I wanted was for you to not lump me in with a particular and, I agree' ridiculous poster and acknowledge that not everyone who disagrees with a slider is calling you perverse. I also wanted you to stop vilifying those that oppose you by throwing us all in one bucket and telling us we are being ridiculous, especially when you started the topic in a ridiculous manner. For example, you could look at posts by notears, rookslide, Cobalt Azurean, jtpaull and myself to see reasons why we disagree with a male enhancement slider that have nothing to do with calling you a pervert. You don't have to agree, but at least show those of us the same respect we have shown you by not calling out how ridiculous it is to basically shout out 'Hey I want to see a bulge'. You are smart enough to know the end result of you original post so getting mad about it now is disingenuous.

I read probably the first sentence and then decided not to read anything else. Frankly Brainbot can go on for about 4 more pages in an argument and that's just not what I want to do. I will not be replying to you after this sir. Have a great night!

notears
notears's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 5 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/04/2013 - 17:24
alright deleted the thread

alright deleted the thread due to a dev begging me to not raise this dead horse just to beat it again

notears
notears's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 5 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/04/2013 - 17:24
Wolfgang8565 wrote:
Wolfgang8565 wrote:
Brainbot wrote:
Wolfgang8565 wrote:

Hypocrisy that isn't there? Where was this humor that you state I couldn't take? Nowhere.

There has been more than one comment making it sound like the people for sliders or bulges at all, are just being perverse. That was my point.

Im sorry my comment was "less than serious" and not in a "respectful tone." I mean honestly? Who sits here judging the tone and the seriousness of ones comments? You have too much time on your hands buddy. Get some fresh air!

Fine there is no hypocrisy. When you make a joke it's 'your personality'. When others make a joke it's 'ridiculous'. Or wait, could it be that the jokes just were not funny much like yours.

And yes you are right all those comments that came from one person that accuse you of being perverse are because we got together at Sizzler and hashed out what one person was going to say. Or maybe it's just that one guy who keeps making those claims all on his own.

Furthermore, when you tell people they are being ridiculous it is in no way judging the tone and seriousness of their comments but when I point out your tone and seriousness I just have too much time on my hands is a correct evaluation of the situation. Or maybe you have just given another example of hypocrisy.

All I wanted was for you to not lump me in with a particular and, I agree' ridiculous poster and acknowledge that not everyone who disagrees with a slider is calling you perverse. I also wanted you to stop vilifying those that oppose you by throwing us all in one bucket and telling us we are being ridiculous, especially when you started the topic in a ridiculous manner. For example, you could look at posts by notears, rookslide, Cobalt Azurean, jtpaull and myself to see reasons why we disagree with a male enhancement slider that have nothing to do with calling you a pervert. You don't have to agree, but at least show those of us the same respect we have shown you by not calling out how ridiculous it is to basically shout out 'Hey I want to see a bulge'. You are smart enough to know the end result of you original post so getting mad about it now is disingenuous.

I read probably the first sentence and then decided not to read anything else. Frankly Brainbot can go on for about 4 more pages in an argument and that's just not what I want to do. I will not be replying to you after this sir. Have a great night!

Thank you

Brainbot
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 12 hours ago
Joined: 04/25/2016 - 21:30
Wolfgang8565 wrote:
Wolfgang8565 wrote:

I read probably the first sentence and then decided not to read anything else.

Not surprising as it seems to be your modus operandi.

mrultimate
mrultimate's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 22 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 08/26/2013 - 08:18
Thanks gang for a good

Thanks gang for a good morning laugh at all the bickering. Y'all have taken "epeen" to a whole new level.
Pun intended.

jtpaull
jtpaull's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 2 hours ago
Joined: 01/27/2015 - 15:00
notears wrote:
notears wrote:

alright deleted the thread due to a dev begging me to not raise this dead horse just to beat it again

Insert gif of MIchael Jackson's "Beat It"

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

Mordheim13
Mordheim13's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 5 days ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 07/17/2014 - 13:22
jtpaull wrote:
jtpaull wrote:
notears wrote:

alright deleted the thread due to a dev begging me to not raise this dead horse just to beat it again

Insert gif of MIchael Jackson's "Beat It"

LOL! A pun of many layers!

Shocking Blu

Atama
Atama's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 1 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 22:32
They told him don’t you post

They told him don’t you post that stuff around here
Don’t want to see that thread, it better disappear
They typed it in all caps, and their text is very clear
So beat it, just beat it

You better stop, don’t post that thread anymore
Don’t want to see no quotes, don’t reignite the war
We know you mean well, but you’ll beat a dead horse
(Don’t beat it)
You’re not trying to be bad

Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it
No one wants those gripes repeated
Nobody wins in an internet fight
It doesn't matter who's wrong or right
Just beat it

Mordheim13
Mordheim13's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 5 days ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 07/17/2014 - 13:22
Atama wrote:
Atama wrote:

They told him don’t you post that stuff around here
Don’t want to see that thread, it better disappear
They typed it in all caps, and their text is very clear
So beat it, just beat it

You better stop, don’t post that thread anymore
Don’t want to see no quotes, don’t reignite the war
We know you mean well, but you’ll beat a dead horse
(Don’t beat it)
You’re not trying to be bad

Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it
No one wants those gripes repeated
Nobody wins in an internet fight
It doesn't matter who's wrong or right
Just beat it

Bwahahahaha!!!!

Shocking Blu

Huckleberry
Huckleberry's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 01/03/2016 - 08:39
Huckleberry wrote:
Huckleberry wrote:

I agree that a slider begets undue scrutiny.
But I think a simple toggle would be just fine. As has been expressed in this thread and others, there will be some character designs who will use the male body model but will also be be missing or not have any package for very legitimate reasons. I think it would be a good idea to give those characters the option.

Please forgive me for quoting myself, but...

I just occurred to me that I was pretty thoughtless above in not also suggesting a package toggle on the female body model as well; for those character concepts for which it would be appropriate.


I like to take your ideas and supersize them. This isn't criticism, it is flattery. I come with nothing but good will and a spirit of team-building. If you take what I write any other way, that is probably just because I wasn't very clear.
Foradain
Foradain's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 7 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/25/2013 - 21:06
Atama wrote:
Atama wrote:

They told him don’t you post that stuff around here
Don’t want to see that thread, it better disappear
They typed it in all caps, and their text is very clear
So beat it, just beat it

You better stop, don’t post that thread anymore
Don’t want to see no quotes, don’t reignite the war
We know you mean well, but you’ll beat a dead horse
(Don’t beat it)
You’re not trying to be bad

Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it
No one wants those gripes repeated
Nobody wins in an internet fight
It doesn't matter who's wrong or right
Just beat it

Thanks, Atama. It's nice to see someone knows what the filk they're doing. ^_^

Foradain, Mage of Phoenix Rising.
Foradain's Character Conclave
Avatar courtesy of Satellite Nine.
If you can't see an image I've posted, please let me know!

avelworldcreator
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 13 hours ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 12:19
What thread was that?!

What thread was that?!

Edit: Nevermind, found the link.
Good idea in general; just the title was in bad taste.

-----------

Senior Developer/Project Manager/Co-Founder,,, and then some.

Cobalt Azurean
Cobalt Azurean's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 6 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/03/2013 - 16:39
Atama wrote:
Atama wrote:

They told him don’t you post that stuff around here
Don’t want to see that thread, it better disappear
They typed it in all caps, and their text is very clear
So beat it, just beat it

You better stop, don’t post that thread anymore
Don’t want to see no quotes, don’t reignite the war
We know you mean well, but you’ll beat a dead horse
(Don’t beat it)
You’re not trying to be bad

Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it
No one wants those gripes repeated
Nobody wins in an internet fight
It doesn't matter who's wrong or right
Just beat it

This post wins the internet. I tip my hat to you, good person.

Interdictor
Interdictor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 4 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 08/22/2013 - 05:26
Atama wrote:
Atama wrote:

They told him don’t you post that stuff around here
Don’t want to see that thread, it better disappear
They typed it in all caps, and their text is very clear
So beat it, just beat it

You better stop, don’t post that thread anymore
Don’t want to see no quotes, don’t reignite the war
We know you mean well, but you’ll beat a dead horse
(Don’t beat it)
You’re not trying to be bad

Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it
No one wants those gripes repeated
Nobody wins in an internet fight
It doesn't matter who's wrong or right
Just beat it

Ha ha ha! Well done!

notears
notears's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 5 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/04/2013 - 17:24
avelworldcreator wrote:
avelworldcreator wrote:

What thread was that?!

Edit: Nevermind, found the link.
Good idea in general; just the title was in bad taste.

If you're talking to me, then I don't really think it was a good idea, I made the thread to just get the conversation out of here and talk about the entirety of the costume designer rather than one small part of it, and then Tannim came in going "Oh god please no, we already said we wouldn't do it just get it out of here" and I said "Okay" and then I deleted it.

nightwings89
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 5 days ago
Joined: 10/07/2015 - 11:28
OMG the video looks amazing,

OMG the video looks amazing, will be waiting for the official Trailer!!!

Pages