Announcements

Please do not use Photobucket to host your images on this site. They will not appear for other users but instead will give an error image and a directive to go to:
http://photobucket.com/p500/
For these images to show up it would require us to pay a premium account fee of $399.00 USD/year or our users to set up paid accounts of $99/year for this service to view these images.
We will be removing all linked images to that site and we suggest you use https://imgur.com/ or other similar site instead.

Watch this space for important information on planned twitch streams, updates and more

Perky breasts: CoX vs CO

301 posts / 0 new
Last post
Grimfox
Grimfox's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 8 hours ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 08/05/2014 - 10:17
Welp, I learned something new

Welp, I learned something new.

(at)Roxanna - Little Sister - Plutonium Bloom - MilkShakes
Triumph
Guardian
Virtue

Dev Tracker: http://cityoftitans.com/forum/fixing-dev-digest
Dev Comments: https://cityoftitans.com/forum/dev-comments

Lothic
Lothic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 48 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/02/2013 - 00:27
Grimfox wrote:
Grimfox wrote:

Now if they wanted have the breasts look in different directions then they would probably need bones. And that is a strange image I've painted.

[...]

Welp, I learned something new.

I've seen where Devs have used animation bones to implement breast jiggle in other games. But as far as "strange mental images" go the way those bones are designed (in the animation tools) always vaguely remind me of little T-Rex arms attached to the chests of the female body model. Obviously these little bones don't end up looking like arms once the body models appear in the actual games, but it's still funny to think of these digital females running around with mini arm bones flailing under their rendered chests. ;)

CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

Fireheart
Fireheart's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 54 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/05/2013 - 13:45
... velociraptor flails at

... velociraptor flails at you with her fleshy 'arms', screeching in fury, then bites your head off...

It sounds positively Greek.

Be Well!
Fireheart

Grimfox
Grimfox's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 8 hours ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 08/05/2014 - 10:17
It is sometimes a challenge

It is sometimes a challenge to keep a straight face and read this forum at work. "Yes Boss I'm definitely working very hard on the task that I am working on right now" *eye twitch, snort*

(at)Roxanna - Little Sister - Plutonium Bloom - MilkShakes
Triumph
Guardian
Virtue

Dev Tracker: http://cityoftitans.com/forum/fixing-dev-digest
Dev Comments: https://cityoftitans.com/forum/dev-comments

nennafir
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
kickstarter
Joined: 11/02/2013 - 13:59
Doctor Tyche wrote:
Doctor Tyche wrote:

To build a moment on my earlier statement:
By itself, a 3d mesh is a hard object, immovable, unchanging. To get something to change, you have two main avenues available inside of Unreal: vertex morphing (the reshaping of polygons) and bones. Morphs are limited to what you calculate out while creating the model. Bones however can be hard, or soft, and even in between, which is why they are so popular. So, a ball flattens when it bounces off a surface, you need a soft bone. The computer calculates out how the bone inside the ball reacts, then transfers that data to the mesh on the outside. When you have precalculated changes, morphs are easier on the GPU, so you find them used for things such as people's faces in SWTOR when they talk. When you need to calculate it on the fly, like the motion of a cape flapping in a random wind pattern, it is a lot easier to use a bone.
So, on the "jiggle" factor which is the topic here, soft bones would be needed.

Hi Doctor Tyche!

I just wanted to thank you for weighing in on this important topic. It makes me happy that my thread is still motivating interest in this area.

You seem dedicated in making the game more like CoX and not so much like CO!

Lothic
Lothic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 48 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/02/2013 - 00:27
nennafir wrote:
nennafir wrote:

Doctor Tyche wrote:
To build a moment on my earlier statement:
By itself, a 3d mesh is a hard object, immovable, unchanging. To get something to change, you have two main avenues available inside of Unreal: vertex morphing (the reshaping of polygons) and bones. Morphs are limited to what you calculate out while creating the model. Bones however can be hard, or soft, and even in between, which is why they are so popular. So, a ball flattens when it bounces off a surface, you need a soft bone. The computer calculates out how the bone inside the ball reacts, then transfers that data to the mesh on the outside. When you have precalculated changes, morphs are easier on the GPU, so you find them used for things such as people's faces in SWTOR when they talk. When you need to calculate it on the fly, like the motion of a cape flapping in a random wind pattern, it is a lot easier to use a bone.
So, on the "jiggle" factor which is the topic here, soft bones would be needed.
Hi Doctor Tyche!
I just wanted to thank you for weighing in on this important topic. It makes me happy that my thread is still motivating interest in this area.
You seem dedicated in making the game more like CoX and not so much like CO!

Well this thread only stayed necro'd for 5 weeks that time...

Sure it was the OP who bumped it this time, but I still have to wonder if this thread will ever die. ;)

CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

OathboundOne
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 03/06/2016 - 16:15
Lothic wrote:
Lothic wrote:

nennafir wrote:
Doctor Tyche wrote:
To build a moment on my earlier statement:
By itself, a 3d mesh is a hard object, immovable, unchanging. To get something to change, you have two main avenues available inside of Unreal: vertex morphing (the reshaping of polygons) and bones. Morphs are limited to what you calculate out while creating the model. Bones however can be hard, or soft, and even in between, which is why they are so popular. So, a ball flattens when it bounces off a surface, you need a soft bone. The computer calculates out how the bone inside the ball reacts, then transfers that data to the mesh on the outside. When you have precalculated changes, morphs are easier on the GPU, so you find them used for things such as people's faces in SWTOR when they talk. When you need to calculate it on the fly, like the motion of a cape flapping in a random wind pattern, it is a lot easier to use a bone.
So, on the "jiggle" factor which is the topic here, soft bones would be needed.
Hi Doctor Tyche!
I just wanted to thank you for weighing in on this important topic. It makes me happy that my thread is still motivating interest in this area.
You seem dedicated in making the game more like CoX and not so much like CO!
Well this thread only stayed necro'd for 5 weeks that time...
Sure it was the OP who bumped it this time, but I still have to wonder if this thread will ever die. ;)

Not possible. Jiggle physics ensure that this thread will always bounce back up again.

Lothic
Lothic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 48 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/02/2013 - 00:27
OathboundOne wrote:
OathboundOne wrote:

Not possible. Jiggle physics ensure that this thread will always bounce back up again.

We have to have standards after all... ;)

CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

nennafir
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
kickstarter
Joined: 11/02/2013 - 13:59
Lothic wrote:
Lothic wrote:

nennafir wrote:
Doctor Tyche wrote:
To build a moment on my earlier statement:
By itself, a 3d mesh is a hard object, immovable, unchanging. To get something to change, you have two main avenues available inside of Unreal: vertex morphing (the reshaping of polygons) and bones. Morphs are limited to what you calculate out while creating the model. Bones however can be hard, or soft, and even in between, which is why they are so popular. So, a ball flattens when it bounces off a surface, you need a soft bone. The computer calculates out how the bone inside the ball reacts, then transfers that data to the mesh on the outside. When you have precalculated changes, morphs are easier on the GPU, so you find them used for things such as people's faces in SWTOR when they talk. When you need to calculate it on the fly, like the motion of a cape flapping in a random wind pattern, it is a lot easier to use a bone.
So, on the "jiggle" factor which is the topic here, soft bones would be needed.
Hi Doctor Tyche!
I just wanted to thank you for weighing in on this important topic. It makes me happy that my thread is still motivating interest in this area.
You seem dedicated in making the game more like CoX and not so much like CO!
Well this thread only stayed necro'd for 5 weeks that time...
Sure it was the OP who bumped it this time, but I still have to wonder if this thread will ever die. ;)

Oh, come on! It was the second-from-the-top post in the forum when I replied to it. You can't say I am necroing something if I am replying to a thread which is the second most recent thread on the whole forum!

It at least needs to get to the point where it is on the second page of the forum before you can make a plausible claim of necroing...

Edit: Now that I think on it, I might have actually been replying to the most recent post on this forum. Instead of the second most recent... Regardless, accusations of necroing threads are obviously inaccurate!

PS: So let me enjoy the CoX breasts and stop trying to give me saggy CO breasts already! And get off my lawn, you kids!!!

Lothic
Lothic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 48 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/02/2013 - 00:27
nennafir]Oh, come on! It was
nennafir wrote:

Oh, come on! It was the second-from-the-top post in the forum when I replied to it. You can't say I am necroing something if I am replying to a thread which is the second most recent thread on the whole forum!
It at least needs to get to the point where it is on the second page of the forum before you can make a plausible claim of necroing...
Edit: Now that I think on it, I might have actually been replying to the most recent post on this forum. Instead of the second most recent... Regardless, accusations of necroing threads are obviously inaccurate!

LOL please! You were just the latest in a long line of necromancers. This thread has been brought back from the dead at least 6 or 8 times - the longest it was down was like well over half a year. If you bother to review this thread you'll see there's been a lot of "debate" on this topic and there have been people who have claimed this issue is not "important" enough for the Devs to pay attention to. Clearly the fact that this thread continues to resurface proves that's probably not the case.

nennafir wrote:

PS: So let me enjoy the CoX breasts and stop trying to give me saggy CO breasts already! And get off my lawn, you kids!!!

Again if you review this thread you'll see that I've been one of you most supportive disciples. ;)

CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

nennafir
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
kickstarter
Joined: 11/02/2013 - 13:59
Lothic wrote:
Lothic wrote:

nennafir wrote:
Oh, come on! It was the second-from-the-top post in the forum when I replied to it. You can't say I am necroing something if I am replying to a thread which is the second most recent thread on the whole forum!
It at least needs to get to the point where it is on the second page of the forum before you can make a plausible claim of necroing...
Edit: Now that I think on it, I might have actually been replying to the most recent post on this forum. Instead of the second most recent... Regardless, accusations of necroing threads are obviously inaccurate!
LOL please! You were just the latest in a long line of necromancers. This thread has been brought back from the dead at least 6 or 8 times - the longest it was down was like well over half a year. If you bother to review this thread you'll see there's been a lot of "debate" on this topic and there have been people who have claimed this issue is not "important" enough for the Devs to pay attention to. Clearly the fact that this thread continues to resurface proves that's probably not the case.
nennafir wrote:
PS: So let me enjoy the CoX breasts and stop trying to give me saggy CO breasts already! And get off my lawn, you kids!!!
Again if you review this thread you'll see that I've been one of you most supportive disciples. ;)

Hi Lothic!

I guess I just didn't like the necromancy claims when I was posting on a thread that was one of the top threads of this forum. I am sorry if I offended you.

Long live perky (and not saggy) breasts,
Nennafir

PS to the devs: They don't have to be huge, just not saggy...

Fireheart
Fireheart's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 54 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/05/2013 - 13:45
Lothic wrote:
Lothic wrote:

...Again if you review this thread you'll see that I've been one of you most supportive disciples. ;)

Perky breasts need good support, to keep them from getting saggy! (insert Lothic=underwear reference) *grin*

Be Well!
Fireheart

nennafir
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
kickstarter
Joined: 11/02/2013 - 13:59
Fireheart wrote:
Fireheart wrote:

Lothic wrote:
...Again if you review this thread you'll see that I've been one of you most supportive disciples. ;)
Perky breasts need good support, to keep them from getting saggy! (insert Lothic=underwear reference) *grin*
Be Well!
Fireheart

Science: http://www.neatorama.com/2013/12/31/A-Stress-Analysis-of-a-Strapless-Evening-Gown/

PS: Don't say I am necroing. This was the top/most-recent thread in the forum at the time I replied to it.

Lothic
Lothic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 48 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/02/2013 - 00:27
nennafir wrote:
nennafir wrote:

Science: http://www.neatorama.com/2013/12/31/A-Stress-Analysis-of-a-Strapless-Evening-Gown/

It's funny to think that one of the world's most famous bridge engineers spent that much time applying serious physics to figuring out how strapless evening gowns work. I guess that means no matter how smart and well respected you are you're just going to end up day-dreaming about "breastesess" in whatever terms you're most comfortable with.

Hopefully the CoT Devs can apply some of the same "attention to detail" in this area as the author of this article did.

CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

nennafir
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
kickstarter
Joined: 11/02/2013 - 13:59
I always want a fair hearing

I always want a fair hearing of things.

The following is what I get when I search for a feminist ranking of superheroines:

http://www.marieclaire.com/culture/news/a13588/a-feminist-ranking-of-todays-female-superheroes/

nennafir
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
kickstarter
Joined: 11/02/2013 - 13:59
Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to Lothic, Fireheart, Grimfox, OathboundOne, Doctor Tyche and all of the regulars of the PERKY topic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KShNdi-Uh0

OathboundOne
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 03/06/2016 - 16:15
Santa demands jiggle physics

Santa demands jiggle physics for his bowl full of jelly.

Also his moobs, but we don't talk about that in front of the big guy, he's kinda sensitive.

A happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

nennafir
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
kickstarter
Joined: 11/02/2013 - 13:59
OathboundOne wrote:
OathboundOne wrote:

Santa demands jiggle physics for his bowl full of jelly.
Also his moobs, but we don't talk about that in front of the big guy, he's kinda sensitive.
A happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

Hi Oathbound!

I just wanted you to know that you are now my official hero!

Best,
Nennafir

Amerikatt
Amerikatt's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 09/27/2013 - 08:54
nennafir wrote:
nennafir wrote:

Merry Christmas to Lothic, Fireheart, Grimfox, OathboundOne, Doctor Tyche and all of the regulars of the PERKY topic!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KShNdi-Uh0

*leaves a ripe (and ripening!) "gift" in nennafir's Christmas stocking for not mentioning The World's Mightiest Moggie by name*

*sinister smirk*

*Dr. Evil paw*

Just a cat from another star!
nennafir
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
kickstarter
Joined: 11/02/2013 - 13:59
Happy New Year Amerikatt!

Happy New Year Amerikatt! You are the best!

Amerikatt
Amerikatt's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 09/27/2013 - 08:54
*removes a ripe (and ripening

*removes a ripe (and ripening!) "gift" from nennafir's Christmas stocking since The World's Mightiest Moggie has now been mentioned by name*

*sinister smirk*

*Dr. Evil paw*

Merry Mew Year, nennafir!

Just a cat from another star!
Fireheart
Fireheart's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 54 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/05/2013 - 13:45
Sends Jello Fish to the

Sends Jello Fish to the Perkiest Beast of them all. Happy Fun-times, every one! Let's make them all fun times.

Be Well!
Fireheart

Amerikatt
Amerikatt's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 09/27/2013 - 08:54
Fireheart wrote:
Fireheart wrote:

Sends Jello Fish to the Perkiest Beast of them all. Happy Fun-times, every one! Let's make them all fun times.
Be Well!
Fireheart

Fanks, Fireheart!

*nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom*

Merry Mew Year!

*nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom*

*shuffles her rump and pounces on the mountain of jello fish*

*nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom*

Just a cat from another star!
Lothic
Lothic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 48 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/02/2013 - 00:27
At first it seemed weird to

At first it seemed weird to be wishing everyone holiday wishes in a thread like this. But given how entertaining this thread has been over the years I guess it's as good a place as any. Wishing everyone here in CoT-land a happy 2017!

CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

Izzy
Izzy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 2 days ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 11:09
I'm just being careful. You

I'm just being careful. You never know if Americat can turn out to be a Flerken Cat! :p

Lin Chiao Feng
Lin Chiao Feng's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 17 hours ago
Developerkickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 11/02/2013 - 09:27
That explains the spots on

That explains the spots on the walls.

Has anyone seen my mind? It was right here...

Amerikatt
Amerikatt's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 09/27/2013 - 08:54
Izzy: Those images were

Izzy: Those images were quite ... disturbing!

*dives head-first into an industrial vat of brain bleach*

*dreams about Cthulhu and the Elder Ones in order to *regain* her sanity*

*dreams about Mr. Boots and all negative psychic residue disappears!*

Just a cat from another star!
Lin Chiao Feng
Lin Chiao Feng's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 17 hours ago
Developerkickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 11/02/2013 - 09:27
Protip: don't read Parasyte.

Protip: don't read Parasyte.

Has anyone seen my mind? It was right here...

nennafir
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
kickstarter
Joined: 11/02/2013 - 13:59
http://www.dailymail.co.uk

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4073132/Large-round-small-perky-Scientists-reveal-types-breasts-men-REALLY-prefer.html

Summary: "Men prefer shapely, perkier boobs to those that are the largest."

Hopefully some dev somewhere is taking note. Perky breasts are definitely the norm as far as comic books go. Only villains would have CO saggy breasts...

Was Champions Online a success? I hope people are taking note!!! Please, this is issue is very important. It is as important as hunger/malnutrition in third world countries.

Grimfox
Grimfox's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 8 hours ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 08/05/2014 - 10:17
Am I a regular here? (he asks

Am I a regular here? (he asks after being gone for most of the past two months.) Thanks for the holiday wishes. I wish I could have been around to accept them in person. Hope you guys have a...
<_<
>_>
Perky New Year. Or at least the rest of the year.

I think that report is a little biased. They only took half the population into account. As has been clearly stated in this thread and another women have very strong opinions about the size shape and jiggle of breasts too.

(at)Roxanna - Little Sister - Plutonium Bloom - MilkShakes
Triumph
Guardian
Virtue

Dev Tracker: http://cityoftitans.com/forum/fixing-dev-digest
Dev Comments: https://cityoftitans.com/forum/dev-comments

Pages