Announcements

Hijinx is NOW ON COMIXOLOGY! you can purchase your very own copy here: https://www.comixology.com/Hijinx-1/digital-comic/860031

Looking for the Missing Worlds Media store? https://store.missingworldsmedia.com/

Join the conversation on Discord: https://discord.gg/Z6D3ssP

Packaged Themes

108 posts / 0 new
Last post
Huckleberry
Huckleberry's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 01/03/2016 - 08:39
Vampire Package

Vampire Package

Toccata in D Minor (I recommend you open and play in a new window while you read this package)

I started making an Undead package and realized the scope was just too great. So I've abridged it into just a Vampire package and will cover the rest of the undead in another package unless someone else does it first.

Body Morphs

  • Ad vampire fangs as an aesthitic option for the face
  • Create a couple exagerated widow's peak hair options for the classic hollywood vampire look
  • Create a traditional chinese ponytail like that worn by this Jiangshi vampire:
  • Create dark sunken eyes makeup option
  • add bleeding eyes as a makeup option
  • add bleeding from the mouth as a makeup option
  • add holes in neck as a cosmetic option (with and without blood drip)
  • Ensure face sliders of character model can make an upturned bat-like nose
  • Create a default "vampire" sliders setting for the existing head model to represent "The Lost Boys" vampire look:
    Note this can also be used for Mobius look used in the upcoming movie starring Jared Leto
  • Ensure Players can make a "Morbius" inspired look somehow, without breaking IP laws:
    either or or like the movie
  • Create a replacement head with a Nosferatu-inspired visage:
  • create a replacement head with a feral vampire look, like those in the "Underworld" series:

    Or like "Bram Stoker's Dracula":
  • create long pointed fingers
  • torsos and other body morphs to work with the heads listed above, as necessary

Costume items

  • classic high collared cape
  • Standard Cravat
  • lace cravat
  • High collared shirt like those worn in the 17th and 18th century, for use with cravats
  • paper talisman (with a sealing spell) for attaching to forehead
  • round-top tall rimmed mandarin hat
  • Mandarin Button-down robe
  • Slippers style footwear
  • Carry a coffin across the character's back

Out of combat animations

  • only if a cape is equipped: grab cape in one hand and hide behind it. Would be extra fun if this could be used as a sneak animation, alternating arms for strafe left and strafe right
  • Use the Jiangshi hop instead of walk or run animations
  • spooky fang-baring along with mandatory finger wiggling (the kind normally accompanied by "I vant. to suck. your blood")
  • turn into bat and back, accompanied with a puff of smoke. can be used for fast travel as a bat
  • spin and become a cloud of bats. can be used for fast travel as well
  • A coffin comes out of the ground, the lid opens and the character steps in. Then the lid closes. This is used in place of the "rest" or "sleep" emotes
  • For fast travel, have a supe'd up coffin mobile appear that the character drives
  • For fast travel, ride a coffin like a flying mount.
  • An organ comes out of the ground, you sit and play Toccata in D Minor

combat animations

  • neck bite. Note due to slider possibilities, there is no way of making the neck bite animation actually bite the neck of the target unless the sizes of the attacker and the target are perfectly aligned. Rather, just animate the attack to look like a neck bite, complete with hands grabbing would-be shoulders. At the speed of the game, and with a reasonable suspension of disbelief on the part of the players, it should be fine.
  • hand motions to make it look like they are siphoning the life energy of the target
  • If back coffin costume item is equipped: When transitioning to combat stance, the coffin opens and minions come out of it. If used for non-Commanders it opens and closes but nothing happens, but the default appearance of props from hammerspace can be explained by the opening of the coffin. The animation of the minions originating in that location would be keyed to the presence of the coffin costume item on the character

Power effects

  • make bats an element used for power effects and auras that use elements
  • liquid flow from point to point, can be used in either direction. In this case, the default direction would be flowing from the target to the character
  • A coffin erupts out of the ground (as a summoned object) at the designated location and opens, proc'ing the power effect.

What did I forget?


I like to take your ideas and supersize them. This isn't criticism, it is flattery. I come with nothing but good will and a spirit of team-building. If you take what I write any other way, that is probably just because I wasn't very clear.
Lothic
Lothic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 days ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/02/2013 - 00:27
Another great list. One

Another great list. One thing I think you thankfully forgot was the idea of "sparkly vampires" from Twilight:

I think if someone seriously wants to do this they'll probably be able to use the generic auras in the game to simulate it.

Other related blood things that might be cool could probably all be done using the tattoo feature the game will provide. The following pics show the idea that some vamps cry bloody tears and of course we need the "blood on the lips" and "fang marks on the neck" tattoos:


CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

Huckleberry
Huckleberry's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 01/03/2016 - 08:39
Those ideas are great. I

Thanks. this is fun and I wish others would get in on it.

Your ideas are great. I like the bleeding eyes. It never even occurred to me to consider the victims of vampires for ideas. The bite marks on the neck are so obviously brilliant. Also, I never saw or read twilight so it didn't even occur to me to consider sparkly vampires. Thank you for pre-empting that suggestion.

I was hesitant to include the liquid transfer power effect because of the its potential to depict blood. While I wanted to show the transfer of life force by including it in this package, I can't deny that blood transfer was a reasonably expected implementation as well. According to the ESRB ratings, "minimal blood" is permitted for T rating. I think your suggestions of blood dripping from the lips or from holes in the neck are easily within that "minimal" boundary.

But I also believe that every MMO is equipped with the warning that online interactions are not rated. I think it would be an impossible task for the game designers to prevent players from using whatever powers and effects are at their disposal to simulate blood. Heck, I had a character named "Bloody Mandragora" (sonic-sonic corruptor) in CoV and all her powers looked like blood effects, so I don't think I should be too worried about the liquid transfer power effect being made by a player to look like blood. I think it would be different if the HIT EFFECTS showed splattering liquid, and wounded characters left pools of liquid on the ground. I htink that would exceed "minimal blood," even if the game allowed players to make them any color.


I like to take your ideas and supersize them. This isn't criticism, it is flattery. I come with nothing but good will and a spirit of team-building. If you take what I write any other way, that is probably just because I wasn't very clear.
Lothic
Lothic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 days ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/02/2013 - 00:27
Huckleberry]I was hesitant to
Huckleberry wrote:

I was hesitant to include the liquid transfer power effect because of the its potential to depict blood. While I wanted to show the transfer of life force by including it in this package, I can't deny that blood transfer was a reasonably expected implementation as well. According to the ESRB ratings, "minimal blood" is permitted for T rating. I think your suggestions of blood dripping from the lips or from holes in the neck are easily within that "minimal" boundary.

But I also believe that every MMO is equipped with the warning that online interactions are not rated. I think it would be an impossible task for the game designers to prevent players from using whatever powers and effects are at their disposal to simulate blood. Heck, I had a character named "Bloody Mandragora" (sonic-sonic corruptor) in CoV and all her powers looked like blood effects, so I don't think I should be too worried about the liquid transfer power effect being made by a player to look like blood. I think it would be different if the HIT EFFECTS showed splattering liquid, and wounded characters left pools of liquid on the ground. I htink that would exceed "minimal blood," even if the game allowed players to make them any color.

While I get your concern about keeping things within the bounds of the ESRB ratings I think plenty of "bloody vampire" related things could be made that would be subtle enough to not be gratuitous. As you say players will always figure out things based on the tools available regardless.

I also think with as many debuff powers a game like this will have it doesn't seem unreasonable to have options for visual effects that imply some kind of "life/soul draining" effect. Remember the concept of vampirism doesn't have to be limited to blood transfer - there are many examples of "power draining" in the superhero genre (i.e. Rogue from X-men, Parasite from DC).

Here are a few pics of power effects that might be applicable to CoT life draining debuff powers:

Even Magic The Gathering has dealt with these concepts in ways that might apply to CoT:

CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

Huckleberry
Huckleberry's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 01/03/2016 - 08:39
Lothic wrote:
Lothic wrote:

Here are a few pics of power effects that might be applicable to CoT life draining debuff powers:

I really like the energy coming out of the eyes and open mouth of the victim in that picture. If the devs can implement that somehow, it would be tremendous. Since those locations may designated as separate emanation points on the default character model, keying the power effect to those emanation points might be a workable solution for it, if possible. There are so many power effects that would be extra impressive if they could be assigned to particular emanation points of the victims instead of just center of mass like every other game has done.

P.S. Your Gwen Tennyson vs. Charmcaster gif apparently didn't show, but that was particularly appropriate to the discussion.


I like to take your ideas and supersize them. This isn't criticism, it is flattery. I come with nothing but good will and a spirit of team-building. If you take what I write any other way, that is probably just because I wasn't very clear.
Lothic
Lothic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 days ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/02/2013 - 00:27
Huckleberry][quote=Lothic
Huckleberry wrote:

There are so many power effects that would be extra impressive if they could be assigned to particular emanation points of the victims instead of just center of mass like every other game has done.

Yeah that would be cool. Related to this I'd like to see victims of control-based powers react by dropping to their knees and/or writhing in agony. Of course I might be a little too sadistic for my own good. ;)

Huckleberry wrote:

P.S. Your Gwen Tennyson vs. Charmcaster gif apparently didn't show, but that was particularly appropriate to the discussion.

That's too bad. I don't post things like that which are "broken" from my point of view so I don't offhand know why it wouldn't be visable to anyone else. I grab these things from public google searches (like I'm sure pretty much everyone else does) so there's probably not much I can do about it.

CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

Huckleberry
Huckleberry's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 01/03/2016 - 08:39
I was just ruminating on

I was just brainstorming on another theme to put a package around, and ancient Greece or Rome came to mind. I must have had Cimerora on the brain. But then I realized that there aren't really anything other than costume items or props that would be thematic here. Maybe we could come up with a chariot for a fast travel power, with horses or not. But I couldn't think of any animations or power effects that are unique to the era. Can you? We've already got a shields package and similarly swords package or a spear package would be better on their own than trying to group all swords or spears related design elements into a roman package (where would samauri or Zulu warriors fit, for instance).

In the end I realized that a roman or ancient greek theme doesn't fit the package concept except as a category for props and costume items. Don't get me wrong, I think there's quite a bit of fertile ground for them, but they would belong on the props and costume items threads; not the package thread.

So does anyone have a theme idea for a package? I suppose I could do a swords package or a spear package, but I was hoping for something a little more entertaining and thought-provoking. Maybe I should do that Undead package I mentioned earlier... Thriller comes to mind


I like to take your ideas and supersize them. This isn't criticism, it is flattery. I come with nothing but good will and a spirit of team-building. If you take what I write any other way, that is probably just because I wasn't very clear.
Renkage
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 9 hours ago
Joined: 10/07/2014 - 01:53
Huckleberry wrote:
Huckleberry wrote:

I was just brainstorming on another theme to put a package around, and ancient Greece or Rome came to mind. I must have had Cimerora on the brain. But then I realized that there aren't really anything other than costume items or props that would be thematic here. Maybe we could come up with a chariot for a fast travel power, with horses or not. But I couldn't think of any animations or power effects that are unique to the era. Can you? We've already got a shields package and similarly swords package or a spear package would be better on their own than trying to group all swords or spears related design elements into a roman package (where would samauri or Zulu warriors fit, for instance).

In the end I realized that a roman or ancient greek theme doesn't fit the package concept except as a category for props and costume items. Don't get me wrong, I think there's quite a bit of fertile ground for them, but they would belong on the props and costume items threads; not the package thread.

So does anyone have a theme idea for a package? I suppose I could do a swords package or a spear package, but I was hoping for something a little more entertaining and thought-provoking. Maybe I should do that Undead package I mentioned earlier... Thriller comes to mind

Eldritch pack (think a lot of body horror type stuff, like eyes on parts where eyes shouldn't be)

"Bubblegum" (Cute outfits with a very bubblegum pop aesthetic. Not my thing, but it could be someone else's)

Super Heavy (Mostly an animation pack. Various attack animations with a lot of start up, as the character has to swing this large weapon. Some weight lifting animations. But maybe stuff like heavy weights attachments to various parts of the body could be added? Could be hilariously reperpoused as someone super weak, as they have trouble swinging a normal sword.)

Just some ideas

Unarmed combat best combat. Every media
Lothic
Lothic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 days ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/02/2013 - 00:27
Renkage wrote:
Renkage wrote:

Eldritch pack (think a lot of body horror type stuff, like eyes on parts where eyes shouldn't be)

Elements of this could be lumped into a more general "Halloween" pack that could include some witch/wizard items (Harry Potter-ish type things) as well as some undead stuff.

Renkage wrote:

"Bubblegum" (Cute outfits with a very bubblegum pop aesthetic. Not my thing, but it could be someone else's)

Again a bunch of things could be lumped in here spanning Gothic Lolita, Pastel Goth and even Sailor Moon type anime/manga content.

Renkage wrote:

Super Heavy (Mostly an animation pack. Various attack animations with a lot of start up, as the character has to swing this large weapon. Some weight lifting animations. But maybe stuff like heavy weights attachments to various parts of the body could be added? Could be hilariously reperpoused as someone super weak, as they have trouble swinging a normal sword.)

This could include emotes of bending bars or lifting cars to display "superhuman strength".

Renkage wrote:

Just some ideas

A quick idea I just had was for an "80s style" package. There could be clothing styled after Miami Vice and all those music videos from people like Madonna and Cyndi Lauper.

CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

Airhead
Airhead's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 44 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/03/2013 - 23:38
[font size=+2]It’s the Little

It’s the Little Things Package
(I thought I'd give this a try. No, it’s not a euphemism. It’s a theme.)

Props: Feather duster. First aid kit. Window wiper. Teddy bears.

Body Morphs: Thoughtful attention to detail might not require this.

Costume Items: Wear your badges on your sleeve (like a boy/girl scout, perhaps limited to certain badges related to acts of kindness)

Travel Animations: Wave to NPCs like a good neighbor as you go along your merry way. Pick up rubbish along the way. Toss rubbish in bins as you pass them by. Pause to donate to beggars. Hand out umbrellas to any NPCs without umbrellas who are walking in the rain.

Out of Combat Animations: Clean walls/windows. Rake leaves. Straighten up anything in disarray. Have a little bird land on your finger, sing a song, then fly away. When opening a mission door, step to the side for a second or two and beckon your team to enter first.

Combat Animations: Apologize when you hurt someone ("Fireball! S-s-s-so-s-so-sorry…"). Call 911 upon defeating a foe. Bandage a defeated foe. Strike your foe with the flat of your blade (bludgeoning damage, if that matters). Shout your catchphrase when you begin to snipe anyone. Summon a little bird to carry something useful to a team-mate.

Power Effects: Piercing visuals switched to budgeoning – arrows bounce off with a loud thud; bullets become beanbags that bounce off with a loud thud.

This is a boy/girl scout package but I don’t want to suggest such behavior is limited to only certain groups. Imagine any random acts of kindness or politeness that impressed you lately and imagine how they might flavor a hero with an "It’s the Little Things" Package. If it's something every hero would try to do then it could be a generic ability but if it means making an extra effort to help in a way that is not your hero's mission, especially if it isn't asked for, then it's a Little Thing.

"The illusion which exalts us is dearer to us than ten thousand truths." - Pushkin
"One piece of flair is all I need." - Sister Silicon

Huckleberry
Huckleberry's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 01/03/2016 - 08:39
Airhead wrote:
Airhead wrote:

It’s the Little Things Package
(... It’s a theme.)

This is a boy/girl scout package but I don’t want to suggest such behavior is limited to only certain groups. Imagine any random acts of kindness or politeness that impressed you lately and imagine how they might flavor a hero with an "It’s the Little Things" Package. If it's something every hero would try to do then it could be a generic ability but if it means making an extra effort to help in a way that is not your hero's mission, especially if it isn't asked for, then it's a Little Thing.

I really like this idea. It would inject so much immersion into the game world.

I love the idea of picking up rubbish, giving to beggars, etc. These are things no game designer would spend time and effort upon as part of a vanilla game. But if we were to put them together in something like this that can potentially earn real world income as a cash shop item, then all of a sudden there's real value to it to the devs, and not just as a nice-to-have for the players.

I know I've said that these package themes weren't MEANT to be cash shop items, but I can't deny the usefulness of using the cash shop potential of something like this to justify its creation.

So far you've only listed positive things. I think it would not only be hilarious but also in keeping with the character of City of Titans to also include evil little things as well. The flip side of the nice little things you've included.

Imagine someone who litters on purpose. Someone who takes from beggars and squashes butterflies. Someone who shoots spitballs at passersby and who performs pixelated obscene gestures instead of waving. All the little things that an evil sunofabatch would do to show us he or she or it is evil.


I like to take your ideas and supersize them. This isn't criticism, it is flattery. I come with nothing but good will and a spirit of team-building. If you take what I write any other way, that is probably just because I wasn't very clear.
Airhead
Airhead's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 44 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/03/2013 - 23:38
Huckleberry wrote:
Huckleberry wrote:

So far you've only listed positive things. I think it would not only be hilarious but also in keeping with the character of City of Titans to also include evil little things as well. The flip side of the nice little things you've included.

Imagine someone who litters on purpose. Someone who takes from beggars and squashes butterflies. Someone who shoots spitballs at passersby and who performs pixelated obscene gestures instead of waving. All the little things that an evil sunofabatch would do to show us he or she or it is evil.

"It's the Petty Things." You'd almost want child NPCs in the game just so you could pop their balloons, Benedict.

"The illusion which exalts us is dearer to us than ten thousand truths." - Pushkin
"One piece of flair is all I need." - Sister Silicon

Huckleberry
Huckleberry's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 01/03/2016 - 08:39
The Strongman Package

The Strongman Package

Props

  • Kettleball
  • Barbell

  • Classic strongman style barbell

  • Olympic Hammer

  • Sledge Hammer

  • Giant Warhammer

  • Cartoon standard 1 ton weight

Costume Items

  • Classic Strongman Costume Items


    • Handlebar mustache
    • Wide weightlifter’s belt
    • Underwear worn on the outside (superman style)
    • Old-timey bathing suit
    • Alternate one-shouldered bodysuit
  • Carnival-era men’s hair


    and
  • Biblical Samson Hair

    Turns out biblical scholars and historians claim he braided his hair, which has been misconstrued by others to be dreadlocks; but is most likely 7 cornrows instead. So If the devs want to get totally authentic here, they would make 7 really really long cornrow braids.
  • Weight attachments like wrist and ankle bands
  • Torn version of existing costume items associated with hulk-like transformation (both male and female)

Out of Combat Animations

  • ”em/flex” Cycle through muscle flexing poses like a bodybuilder
  • ”em/curl” perform bicep curls with a dumbbell and a smiling grimace and perhaps a wink at whomever you’ve targeted
  • do pushups
  • ”em/crush” crush a rock between thumb and forefinger then grind the dust away, all with other fingers extended, can also be directed at a target, perhaps by first pointing the other hand at the target?
  • Hulk up animation for use when entering combat or for costume change:



    Note that animation is about the motions of the bones in the model, not the size difference between the beginning and ending models, so leave it up to the players whether such an animation fits with their design concept or not.
  • ”em/letmehearyou” classic hulk hogan routine:

Combat Animations

  • Lift a portion of the floor/ground and throw it
  • punch the ground
  • put whole body into a super duper swing at target
    • version for empty hands held together
    • version for one-handed punch
    • version for one-handed prop
    • version for 2-handed prop
    • version for staff-like prop
  • swing prop like olympic hammer throw


    can be used for ranged or melee animations
  • Grab and smash like Hulk with Loki



    Note that this takes over the target’s character model for the duration of the animation. As a result it may only be appropriate for attacks which have a stun effect or otherwise would restrict the target’s actions for a duration.
  • Stomp the ground
  • two handed smash the ground
  • one-handed smash the ground

Power Effects

  • Cracking Floor associated with heavy impacts, for use with AoE abilities, also used when landing from big jumps
  • Free-weights for use as elements in powers and auras that use elements
  • anvils for use as elements in powers that use them
  • Falling 10 ton weight block, can also be used as a summoned object

One of the things I noticed off the bat was the absence of any female-specific ideas in this theme. I suppose that’s the nature of the source material, though. Besides she-hulk inspired shirt-tearing, If anyone can think of any costume ideas or props associated with female super strength, feel free to add them.


I like to take your ideas and supersize them. This isn't criticism, it is flattery. I come with nothing but good will and a spirit of team-building. If you take what I write any other way, that is probably just because I wasn't very clear.
brianward
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 5 days ago
Joined: 06/19/2020 - 18:41
Lothic wrote:
Lothic wrote:

Here are a few pics of power effects that might be applicable to CoT life draining debuff powers:

I really like this packages idea.

notears
notears's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 30 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/04/2013 - 17:24
Airhead wrote:
Airhead wrote:

It’s the Little Things Package
(I thought I'd give this a try. No, it’s not a euphemism. It’s a theme.)

Props: Feather duster. First aid kit. Window wiper. Teddy bears.

Body Morphs: Thoughtful attention to detail might not require this.

Costume Items: Wear your badges on your sleeve (like a boy/girl scout, perhaps limited to certain badges related to acts of kindness)

Travel Animations: Wave to NPCs like a good neighbor as you go along your merry way. Pick up rubbish along the way. Toss rubbish in bins as you pass them by. Pause to donate to beggars. Hand out umbrellas to any NPCs without umbrellas who are walking in the rain.

Out of Combat Animations: Clean walls/windows. Rake leaves. Straighten up anything in disarray. Have a little bird land on your finger, sing a song, then fly away. When opening a mission door, step to the side for a second or two and beckon your team to enter first.

Combat Animations: Apologize when you hurt someone ("Fireball! S-s-s-so-s-so-sorry…"). Call 911 upon defeating a foe. Bandage a defeated foe. Strike your foe with the flat of your blade (bludgeoning damage, if that matters). Shout your catchphrase when you begin to snipe anyone. Summon a little bird to carry something useful to a team-mate.

Power Effects: Piercing visuals switched to budgeoning – arrows bounce off with a loud thud; bullets become beanbags that bounce off with a loud thud.

This is a boy/girl scout package but I don’t want to suggest such behavior is limited to only certain groups. Imagine any random acts of kindness or politeness that impressed you lately and imagine how they might flavor a hero with an "It’s the Little Things" Package. If it's something every hero would try to do then it could be a generic ability but if it means making an extra effort to help in a way that is not your hero's mission, especially if it isn't asked for, then it's a Little Thing.

I like the idea but it's too hero focused if we have a package about minor kindnesses we should also have one for minor cruelties. Call it the Bad Attitude pack, which has things like you drink from a soda cup and then throw it on the ground, insulting people when you attack them, feigning falling asleep when you talk to people, start copying them with a dumb voice or take a long draft from a ciggarrete and blow it in their face.

not my video just one I lke ===> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6-SdIN0hsM

Huckleberry
Huckleberry's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 01/03/2016 - 08:39
Undead

Undead

Body Morphs. These are changes made to the actual mesh of the character model. (Note: Where I’ve included “stumps” in the descriptions to denote transitions between the default 3d mesh to the 3d mesh of the undead part. This allows the re-use of that part of the full body undead mesh with only a minor change. Besides providing a necessary transition from default to undead, it also prevents gaps in the mesh at the intersection that would allow players to see inside the character model.)

  • Dead Body - pale and bloodless this would be a material selection for the default body mesh rather than an alternate mesh of its own.
  • Zombie
    • body - replace the entire body mesh with a decaying body with open wounds. no lips, and all the other details appropriate to zombie lore
    • head - replaces the default head with a decaying zombie’s head, complete with a transition zone in the neck
    • limbs - replaces a selected limb with a decaying version, using a “stump” to transition from the default body to the zombie part
    • extremities - replaces the selected default character model’s hand or foot with a decayed version
  • Skeleton
    • whole body - replace the entire body mesh with a skeletal body, complete with see-through parts
    • head - (I’m looking at you, Ghost Rider) replaces the default head with a skull, complete with a transition zone in the neck from default skin to bare bone (I’m looking at you, Ghost Rider)
    • limbs - replaces a selected limb with a skeletal version, using a “stump” to transition from the default body to the bare bones
    • extremities - replaces the selected default character model’s hand or foot with a skeletal version, with a stump transition
  • Apparition. I use this word to describe a translucent character model. (Note that any amount of transparency in the character model might negate the possibility of equipping costume items since the transparency of the body mesh would enable portions of costume items to be visible which the designers never intended to be seen or would necessitate far too much work to create ‘hollow’ costume items.
    • Full body - replaces the entire body mesh with a translucent mesh without any clothing and without nipples or genitalia. Automatically disables costume items except perhaps capes and maybe some other items the devs would deem appropriate and visually acceptable.
    • Full body tattered - replaces the entire body mesh with a translucent mesh wearing tattered rags for clothes. Automatically disables costume items except perhaps capes and maybe some other items the devs would deem appropriate and visually acceptable.
    • Full body wraith - replaces the entire body mesh with a translucent mesh wearing tattered rags for clothes and has a trailing essence instead of legs. Automatically disables costume items except perhaps capes and maybe some other items the devs would deem appropriate and visually acceptable. This replacement of the legs with a trailing essence will affect character animations. (note the leg bones can still be there as far as the game mechanics are concerned, they just won’t look like legs when rendered.)
    • Head - replaces the head with a translucent head, complete with a neck stump. Note that eyes and teeth would not be represented. This is because the transparency of the head would allow players to see outlines of the eyes and teeth through the skin otherwise.
    • limbs - replaces a selected limb with a translucent version, using a “stump” to transition from the default body to the translucent bit and disabling costume items on that limb
    • extremities - replaces the selected default character model’s hand or foot with a translucent version, with a stump transition and disabling costume items on the selected body part
  • Withered hair options
    • straight and scraggly
    • missing patches, mangy
    • with fungal growths
    • with barnacles
  • Decayed teeth
  • add a wooden option to the eyeball customizations

Costume Items

  • Y-incision. Applicable to default bodies, especially appropriate to the dead body skin, and to zombie bodies. The Y-incision is the mark of an autopsy.
  • Arcane Heart - for use with skeleton and apparition bodies. places a large glowing customizable object where the character’s heart would be
    • crystal
    • orb
    • actual disembodied heart
    • gyroscope
  • toe tag
  • dog tag necklace, but with only one dog tag on it instead of two
  • Coins over the eyes
  • mummy wraps
  • make decayed versions of existing costume material choice options
  • make tattered and torn versions of existing clothing costume items, which would be especially welcomed for those characters who have only certain selected undead body parts
  • worms - worms (animated?) crawling in and out of facial orifices, that would work as well for skeletal and zombie bodies as they would cropping through the default body skins. ewww.
  • translucent musculature - adds muscles for use with skeletal body forms and maybe even the full body apparition, can slide to be completely opaque or more transparent, can be customized for color and luminescence.
  • add Dia De Los Muertes makeup options (a.k.a. Catrina)

Props

  • Scythe
  • The character’s own arm

Out of Combat Animations

  • Smack the back of your head to eject an eyeball, hold it up for inspection by the other eye and wipe it clean, then put it back in its place
  • dance to Thriller
  • change walking animations to arms-forward zombie shuffle with lolling head and a limp
  • change running animations to a frenzied animalistic zombie desperation
  • take a hand off at the wrist and offer it to your target. “em/giveahand”
  • add raw meat sounds and some involuntary groaning sounds to walking and running movements of full body zombies and those with zombie legs
  • add clackety sound effects to walking and running movements of full body skeletons and those with skeletal legs
  • add spooky sound effects to walking and running movements of full body apparitions
  • when logging into the game, or when ‘resurrected’ in game, your character crawls out from the ground
  • Travel Animation - Your body turns into a flying swirl of bones (for use with flying and speedster modes), reconstituting into normal body when departing fast travel mode. Can be used with any body type, but is optimized for skeletal bodies

Combat Animations

  • allow characters to use their own arm as a prop, grabbing it and yanking it free when entering combat. This would require placing a stump visual block on the shoulder, but since this is combat, it doesn’t have to be anything fancier than just being blacked out.
  • frenzied bite attack (same as beast-person bite or different?)
  • allow the character’s head to spin 360 degrees to keep track of highlighted target (I expect the game would limit normal characters’ head motions to just the front 180 degree arc and then twist their torsos up to 90 degrees either side if targets go beyond that arc) This wouldn’t necessarily be limited to combat since we can select a target at any time, right?

Power Effects

  • make skulls available as an element in powers and auras that use them
  • make an aura where bugs and worms drop constantly from the character’s body
  • add circling flies as an element for auras that use them
  • allow characters to shoot their own hands at targets for ranged abilities
  • allow characters’ own heads to leave their bodies when activating an ability
  • use a disembodied skeletal hand at the target as the effect for ranged abilities
  • arms of the dead erupting from the ground for both single target and AoE abilities

I’m stopping there. My creative juices started drying up. I’m sure everyone else can come up with many more undead concepts, both zany and scary.


I like to take your ideas and supersize them. This isn't criticism, it is flattery. I come with nothing but good will and a spirit of team-building. If you take what I write any other way, that is probably just because I wasn't very clear.
notears
notears's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 30 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/04/2013 - 17:24
I don't know about replacing

I don't know about replacing the mesh, it would screw up the costume editor since it would screw with the clothes that would go on it. I think it would be better to do it the way champions online does it where it just looks like skeleton parts while keeping the mesh the same. I know it looks weird when you add clothes on it but it's really the only way to do it. The devs need to focus on things other than cosmetics and need to do a balance everything out.

not my video just one I lke ===> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6-SdIN0hsM

Pages