Announcements

City of Titan's first official novelette has been released. Check it out!

Don't forget to leave update ideas or other feedback in our FAQ Feedback thread.

Testing...

TITANS UNOFFICIAL SCORE SERVER!

110 posts / 0 new
Last post
.Foresight
.Foresight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 5 hours ago
Joined: 11/24/2014 - 10:48
I had heard rumors about this

I had heard rumors about this, and had been very skeptical up to this point. I really miss the game though and I'm glad to hear the rumors were true. It would be amazing to have something like this to pass the time until CoT (not circle of thorns) release.

There were a few newer power sets I never got to try out before the game went down, and since I don't expect CoT to have Commanders ready any time soon after launch I'm tempted to try out a Demon Summoning Mastermind with no guilt. :)
That'll have to wait until after I renew my virus protection though...I've never done any of the private server stuff and I've been reading posts about people getting spyware infections when they start City of Heroes Homecoming.

Victory/Freedom

Heroes:
.Foresight (Mind/Time Controller)
.Avalanche (Earth/Storm Controller)

Villains:
.Foresight (Night Widow)
Seiji Amida (Ninja/Poison MM)

Impulse King
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 20 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/05/2013 - 18:55
Certain there are more

Certain there are more knowledgeable folks here than I, but look into a free AV program. I use AVG free version and am happy with it. Also use an ad blocker, also free. Those 2 things in combination have been very effective for me.

Cyclops
Cyclops's picture
Online
Last seen: 6 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 04/10/2015 - 17:24
Wah. 12:22 CST. Server is

Wah. 12:22 CST. Server is down. I was told this would happen. But I planned on a 4 day weekend in Paragon.

TheInternetJanitor
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 days ago
Joined: 05/11/2018 - 06:00
Yeah the lfg finder is a

Yeah the lfg finder is a really nice addition that I don't think was in when I played.

That being said, it doesn't seem to work as well as modern group finders, it basically only function to get you to the dungeon once you've already got the group you want. I'm not sure how much of that is a function of a limited playerbase, of people not knowing the LFG tool exists, or the way it works under the hood.

It also only works for trials/TFs/etc. You can't just use it for regular missions and stuff.

I honestly don't get the argument that not having a decent tool reduces social interaction. It takes no effort to say hello and chat with people you are grouped with no matter how you got there, and spamming in the LFG channel doesn't exactly cause lifelong friendship bonds to form. It comes down to what you do once you are with people, not how you get together.

jude14
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 02/28/2015 - 18:48
have no fear blackmelee is

have no fear blackmelee is here and guess what? I brought my daddys gun!!!

The Man
The Myth
The Legend

Cobalt Azurean
Cobalt Azurean's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 47 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/03/2013 - 16:39
jude14 wrote:
jude14 wrote:

have no fear blackmelee is here and guess what? I brought my daddys gun!!!

Oh jesus.

DesViper
DesViper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 23 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/10/2014 - 00:55
(No subject)

(kk official one is more violent than I remembered)


PR, Forum Moderator
My Non-Canon Toons
Avatar by MikeNovember
Atama
Atama's picture
Offline
Last seen: 29 min 14 sec ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 22:32
It looks like the Homecoming

It looks like the Homecoming servers are more "serious" now. They have a new splash screen showing up in Tequila, and I had to agree to an EULA the last time I logged in.

DesViper
DesViper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 23 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/10/2014 - 00:55
Still no update about the

Still no update about the talks?


PR, Forum Moderator
My Non-Canon Toons
Avatar by MikeNovember
Lothic
Lothic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/02/2013 - 00:27
Atama wrote:
Atama wrote:

It looks like the Homecoming servers are more "serious" now. They have a new splash screen showing up in Tequila, and I had to agree to an EULA the last time I logged in.

DesViper wrote:

Still no update about the talks?

Righttttt... the supposed talks we keep hearing about supposedly going on between NCsoft and the "rogue" CoH server guys. I'd be interested to learn if there's any language in the new EULA that might shed light on whether any "hush-hush under the table agreements" have been made in this regard.

Regardless I'll continue to stick to the same conclusion I made a few weeks ago on this. The TL;DR version: As long as any rogue CoH server group can show they won't be making a profit off the carcass of CoH NCsoft will not care what they do with it. I truly believe NCsoft simply no longer gives a crap one way or the other...

CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

Atama
Atama's picture
Offline
Last seen: 29 min 14 sec ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 22:32
By the way, if anyone wants

By the way, if anyone wants to read the new User Agreement for the Homecoming servers, you can read it at this link:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/user-agreement/

Impulse King
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 20 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/05/2013 - 18:55
I really tend to agree with

I really tend to agree with Lothic on this.

whiteperegrine
whiteperegrine's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 4 weeks ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 06/19/2014 - 14:49
I'm floating around on

I'm floating around on Everlasting.

Kiyori Anoyui
Kiyori Anoyui's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 24 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/10/2013 - 11:03
I just now got privy to all

I just now got privy to all the goings on with CoH being back, it's been a busy year. I definitely want to hop back in and see what has become of our past home.

The Carnival of Light in the Phoenix Rising
"We never lose our demons, we only learn to live above them." - The Ancient One

Avatar by lilshironeko

whiteperegrine
whiteperegrine's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 4 weeks ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 06/19/2014 - 14:49
pretty much the same. some

pretty much the same. some small tweeks here and there but she is just as enjoyable as I remember her. In addition, IMHO, she has held up extremely well and I can see myself continuing to play her for the foreseeable future. :)

blacke4dawn
blacke4dawn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 03/28/2015 - 03:02
whiteperegrine wrote:
whiteperegrine wrote:

pretty much the same. some small tweeks here and there but she is just as enjoyable as I remember her. In addition, IMHO, she has held up extremely well and I can see myself continuing to play her for the foreseeable future. :)

Yeah, I'm surprised at how good it looks running it at 3840x1600 resolution. I've had more modern games show that can't properly handle that high resolution mainly by being able to see the 3D mesh in a way, more specifically the triangles that makes up spherical surfaces. So far I have not seen that in CoH.

Vorr Akkagi
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 08/05/2018 - 10:50
Hi all,

Hi all,
Just poking my head in here (I do every several months) to check on progress. The character creation has me drooling - it looks really good! One thing I have been wondering but do not see any evidence of is whether or not there is a playable version of this game yet, an alpha? I didn't find out about this game until after the Kickstarter program had been over for a while.

So my questions are: Is there a playable version of this out yet (alpha obviously) and if so, where do I put my money down because I want to support this?? I'd love to get in on the alpha and start playing, like yesterday!

Foradain
Foradain's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 41 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/25/2013 - 21:06
Vorr Akkagi wrote:
Vorr Akkagi wrote:

Hi all,
Just poking my head in here (I do every several months) to check on progress. The character creation has me drooling - it looks really good! One thing I have been wondering but do not see any evidence of is whether or not there is a playable version of this game yet, an alpha? I didn't find out about this game until after the Kickstarter program had been over for a while.

So my questions are: Is there a playable version of this out yet (alpha obviously) and if so, where do I put my money down because I want to support this?? I'd love to get in on the alpha and start playing, like yesterday!

If the alpha is up, they aren't down to my name yet. ^_^ But things look promising to me.

If you want to throw money at the devs to help make SoonTM become SoonerTM, I recommend either the Hijinx Patreon or the Ko-Fi link at the bottom right of this page.

Foradain, Mage of Phoenix Rising.
Foradain's Character Conclave
Millennium City Refugee.
Avatar courtesy of Satellite9

DesViper
DesViper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 23 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/10/2014 - 00:55
Vorr Akkagi wrote:
Vorr Akkagi wrote:

Hi all,
Just poking my head in here (I do every several months) to check on progress. The character creation has me drooling - it looks really good! One thing I have been wondering but do not see any evidence of is whether or not there is a playable version of this game yet, an alpha? I didn't find out about this game until after the Kickstarter program had been over for a while.

So my questions are: Is there a playable version of this out yet (alpha obviously) and if so, where do I put my money down because I want to support this?? I'd love to get in on the alpha and start playing, like yesterday!

Alpha is not up quite yet, but keep an eye out ;)


PR, Forum Moderator
My Non-Canon Toons
Avatar by MikeNovember

Pages