Announcements

WE HAVE RESERVES! Check out this week's Tech Update here.

City of Titan's first official novelette has been released. Check it out!

Don't forget to leave update ideas or other feedback in our FAQ Feedback thread.

TITANS UNOFFICIAL SCORE SERVER!

110 posts / 0 new
Last post
Empyrean
Empyrean's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 50 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/16/2014 - 07:51
TITANS UNOFFICIAL SCORE SERVER!

I wasn't going to make a whole thread about this. I originally posted on the the SCORE thread, but I really am excited about this and I really want it to happen:

Alright, gorram it! I can'ts stands it no more!

TITANS, UNITE!!!

My son and wife want to play and I can't resist any more, so... which server? Which server will be the unofficial Titans server so that we can meet and play together? I've been waiting to play with y'all long enough.

Seriously, let's choose an unofficial Titans server so that we can meet and play--of course people can and will make up characters and play on any other server they wish, but I'd like to know which serve to join so that I get a chance to meet and play with YOU.

I'll check back before I log on and start playing. Those of you who are already playing, I hope you'll get it sorted out if you can. It doesn't matter to me, so say where and we'll be there :D!

FIGHT EVIL! (or go cause trouble so the Heroes have something to do.)

Wolfgang8565
Wolfgang8565's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 min 36 sec ago
Developer
Joined: 10/31/2014 - 14:51
Excelsior!

Excelsior!

-----------

Graphic Designer

Brutum
Brutum's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 9 hours ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/13/2013 - 19:18
I've been playing on

I've been playing on Torchbearer.

Puny Heroes.

Empyrean
Empyrean's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 50 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/16/2014 - 07:51
Wolfgang8565 wrote:
Wolfgang8565 wrote:

Excelsior!

My son read that and said "Awwwwwwwwwww! :D"

So, one vote and seconded for Excelsior. And I'll throw in a third vote!

Edit PS- BUT, I don't really care, I just want to finally get to play with y'all. So whatever is decided I'll be there!

FIGHT EVIL! (or go cause trouble so the Heroes have something to do.)

Cobalt Azurean
Cobalt Azurean's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 15 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/03/2013 - 16:39
Wolfgang8565 wrote:
Wolfgang8565 wrote:

Excelsior!

Champion Server, my home away from home, is also congregating on Excelsior, as is supposedly the Justice Server.

Hope
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 day ago
Joined: 09/15/2013 - 10:10
Wolfgang8565 wrote:
Wolfgang8565 wrote:

Excelsior!

I vote this one as well as it is where I am rolling.

@Sakai is what I have settled on.

Hi. I'm Hope.

Redlynne
Redlynne's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 5 hours ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/28/2013 - 21:15
I'm still waiting for someone

I'm still waiting for someone to post to link to any of these things ...


Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.
DesViper
DesViper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 17 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/10/2014 - 00:55
I was on this before it was

I was on this before it was bigtime, so I'm on torchbearer


Moderator
My Non-Canon Toons
Avatar by MikeNovember
Hope
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 day ago
Joined: 09/15/2013 - 10:10
I went looking for a City of

I went looking for a City of Titans centric global channel and could not find one.

So I made one.

Titans United is the name. Feel free to come join as you wish. I even have a MOTD and everything now. (Which sadly took me longer to figure out then it should have)

Hi. I'm Hope.

Brand X
Brand X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 5 days ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 11/01/2013 - 00:26
Went on Everlasting myself.

Went on Everlasting myself. Unofficial RP Server.

Lothic
Lothic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/02/2013 - 00:27
Brand X wrote:
Brand X wrote:

Went on Everlasting myself. Unofficial RP Server.

Considering it's a "naughty pirate" CoH server they should have named it something like Vice...

P.S. For those that don't know the original "Unofficial RP Server" for CoH was named Virtue. Get it? ;)

CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

Cinnder
Cinnder's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 21 min ago
Gunterkickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 08/26/2013 - 16:24
DesViper wrote:
DesViper wrote:

I was on this before it was bigtime, so I'm on torchbearer

Same here, though I have an alt on Indomitable for times when the Torchbearer queue is too long.

Spurn all ye kindle.

Soulwind
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 14 min ago
Joined: 11/10/2013 - 06:36
I have characters on all 4

I have characters on all 4 shards, for when things go poorly or the queues get large.

Excelsior works for me. Look me up, global is the same as my handle.

McJigg
McJigg's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
kickstarter
Joined: 07/06/2016 - 05:14
I went on Everlasting too

I went on Everlasting too

Sleepymoth
Sleepymoth's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/22/2017 - 01:33
Some of the RPers are already

Some of the RPers are already on Everlasting.

I think we should just make a general CityOfTitans Score server for people whom want both games. You can technically play on all the servers anyways.

DesViper
DesViper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 17 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/10/2014 - 00:55
My alt is on Everlasting,

My alt is on Everlasting, already at 10 :p


Moderator
My Non-Canon Toons
Avatar by MikeNovember
CallmeBlue
CallmeBlue's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 06/14/2014 - 01:37
I'm on Excelsior (in memory

I'm on Excelsior (in memory of Stan).

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.

Wolfgang8565
Wolfgang8565's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 min 36 sec ago
Developer
Joined: 10/31/2014 - 14:51
CallmeBlue wrote:
CallmeBlue wrote:

I'm on Excelsior (in memory of Stan).

Same.

I currently have a lvl 25 psy/dark armor stalker. I mustve stopped playing before the shut down because there are some powers and even locations I dont remember playing. Thus, why I am trying out the psy melee. I joined a team in Night Warden I think its called. Really interesting and ethereally spooky place.

-----------

Graphic Designer

avelworldcreator
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 12:19
For those that are MWM staff

For those that are MWM staff (or in the process of becoming such) please do not play on any unofficial CoX servers. It's a liability right now.

-----------

Senior Developer/Project Manager/Co-Founder,,, and then some.

DesViper
DesViper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 17 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/10/2014 - 00:55
O

O


Moderator
My Non-Canon Toons
Avatar by MikeNovember
Lothic
Lothic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/02/2013 - 00:27
avelworldcreator wrote:
avelworldcreator wrote:

For those that are MWM staff (or in the process of becoming such) please do not play on any unofficial CoX servers. It's a liability right now.

Yeah until there's word of a definite deal between NCsoft and anyone like SCORE attempting to "normalize" having public CoH servers in the world I'd consider the whole thing "questionable" at best.

I realize everyone's practically gone orgasmic over the idea of being able to play CoH again and I obviously don't begrudge anyone who wants to give it a spin. I suppose I'm just cynical enough to realize we're all skating on relatively thin ice with this.

I actually don't believe that you, I or anyone else would be in any personal legal peril for playing on one of these servers. As an "individual player" that's not really my concern here. My key worry TBH is starting to play again without even the hint of assurance that NCsoft won't shut these servers down again a week from now and cause me to lose any new investment of time and effort in building up my characters again. Frankly I'm too old to throw a random few hundred hours at something without -any- guarantees of stability.

I know there are some out there who'll think I'm just being an alarmist and claim that you can never rely on ANY online game having any kind of permanence so you should just play right now no matter what. Sure it's true that theoretically any game could be shut down at any time for any reason. I'm just trying to make the point that most games have a company behind them that WANTS them to be successful. In this case we have a company (NCsoft) whose only real motivation here would be to swing the axe against SCORE as quickly and cleanly as possible.

Ultimately in the long run I don't think NCsoft has a realistic chance to stop what's happening here. They basically already lost when SCORE got its hands on the CoH server code all those years ago. I just realize that NCsoft's only serious chance to kill this IP infringement against them is right now... like literally within the next few weeks at most. Every day that goes by now only makes their ownership claims on this IP that much weaker in the eyes of the law.

For that very reason I'm willing to wait a few weeks/months to see what happens first. If NCsoft actually decides to grow a pair and defend their IP they'll have to do it in the very near term. On the other hand if nothing happens after a few months then it'll likely be "safe" enough to spend some time on it again.

That's just how I see things here - as always YMMV.

CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

Atama
Atama's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 22 hours ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 22:32
I play as @Atama on Excelsior

I play as @Atama on Excelsior if anyone is curious.

CallmeBlue
CallmeBlue's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 06/14/2014 - 01:37
I suspect that most people

I suspect that most people playing on the pirate servers identify more with Robin Hood than with Blackbeard.

Yes, I get that the Sherriff of Nottingham still carries one big stick.

But for me personally, logging on is an act of civil disobedience, a way to say, "**** you, NCSOFT." If all I build there is gone next week, then I intend to start over again as soon as another server goes up, sanctioned or not. I'm not rich, but I will give money to support these servers, and help pay legal expenses for the operators, as I can.

We're just peasants, but by Jove the community that we built in the City of Heroes is worth a little struggle.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.

Lothic
Lothic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/02/2013 - 00:27
CallmeBlue wrote:
CallmeBlue wrote:

I suspect that most people playing on the pirate servers identify more with Robin Hood than with Blackbeard.

Yes, I get that the Sherriff of Nottingham still carries one big stick.

But for me personally, logging on is an act of civil disobedience, a way to say, "**** you, NCSOFT." If all I build there is gone next week, then I intend to start over again as soon as another server goes up, sanctioned or not. I'm not rich, but I will give money to support these servers, and help pay legal expenses for the operators, as I can.

We're just peasants, but by Jove the community that we built in the City of Heroes is worth a little struggle.

I figure the mere existence of the SCORE server(s) for the last 6.5 years was a pretty good kick-in-the-nuts F.U. to NCsoft already. ;)

Beyond that as I said YMMV...

CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

Brutum
Brutum's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 9 hours ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/13/2013 - 19:18
I'm all with blue on that one

I'm all with Blue on that one, I got no love for NCsoft. Although I'm not trying to identify as anything or make any kind of statement by playing the game either, I just want to play the damned thing.

Puny Heroes.

Wolfgang8565
Wolfgang8565's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 min 36 sec ago
Developer
Joined: 10/31/2014 - 14:51
avelworldcreator wrote:
avelworldcreator wrote:

For those that are MWM staff (or in the process of becoming such) please do not play on any unofficial CoX servers. It's a liability right now.

Signing off... yet again lol

Thanks for clarifying that.

-----------

Graphic Designer

ThunderCAP
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 4 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 09/13/2013 - 01:24
I was in Everlasting and I

I was in Everlasting and I managed to stole the name "Power Man" there, and luckily I'm an RP-kinda player so I'm perfectly fine in what became the rp server:D.

I pretty much rp the whole time in City of Heroes, I think it makes everyone rp willing or not.

Empyrean
Empyrean's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 50 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/16/2014 - 07:51
Downloading Tequila with my

Downloading Tequila with my son and wife. VERY excited, and yet...

...somehow, as others have said, it's just making me MORE excited for City of Titans.

Much as I'm gonna love going back to the town I grew up in, with all that CoT has done to take what CoH started and go further, I think I'll notice limitations in the old game that never would have even occurred to me back when I was playing.

But, for now, goin back to the old home town!

FIGHT EVIL! (or go cause trouble so the Heroes have something to do.)

Cinnder
Cinnder's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 21 min ago
Gunterkickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 08/26/2013 - 16:24
avelworldcreator wrote:
avelworldcreator wrote:

For those that are MWM staff (or in the process of becoming such) please do not play on any unofficial CoX servers. It's a liability right now.

I think that's probably wise.

Would it be better to avoid liability if we non-MWM-ers didn't discuss it on the forum either?

Spurn all ye kindle.

DesViper
DesViper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 17 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/10/2014 - 00:55
I mean anyone not staff

I mean anyone not staff shouldn't worry for themselves I guess, but you know "see no evil, hear no evil"


Moderator
My Non-Canon Toons
Avatar by MikeNovember
Cinnder
Cinnder's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 21 min ago
Gunterkickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 08/26/2013 - 16:24
Sorry, I meant would it help

Sorry, I meant would it help MWM and the CoT project avoid liability if we didn't discuss it on an official MWM website? I don't want to endanger CoT in any way.

Spurn all ye kindle.

RottenLuck
RottenLuck's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 13 hours ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/05/2012 - 20:32
@Rotten Luck on Everlasting

@Rotten Luck on Everlasting

--------------------------------------------------------
Personal rules of good roleplay
1.) Nothing goes as planned.
2.) If it goes as planned it's not good RP

Lothic
Lothic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/02/2013 - 00:27
Cinnder wrote:
Cinnder wrote:

Sorry, I meant would it help MWM and the CoT project avoid liability if we didn't discuss it on an official MWM website? I don't want to endanger CoT in any way.

I get that there are some people at MWM who are so concerned about not wanting to piss NCsoft off that they'd prefer to employ the classic "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" routine. In a perfect world it might be possible to be that strict about things.

But let's remember NCsoft is merely a game company (not the Bogeyman) that might decide to defend their IP, and I'm strongly stressing the word 'might'. Obviously it would be stupid for someone representing MWM to start posting actual pirated CoH server code on this website. Clearly that would cross the line as far as making MWM "potentially complicit". But simply talking about the CoH servers that -other- people (not MWM) are running makes this site no different than all the other news/chat websites that have people talking about it. Sure NCsoft should be taken seriously, but they can't stifle free speech.

As I mentioned earlier we have time on our side with this. If NCsoft doesn't bother to make an official agreement with the SCORE folks or doesn't bother to shut them down in the next few weeks then they are effectively surrendering any claims they have to the CoH IP to the Internet. No court anywhere in the world would rule in favor of them if it can be shown that they have done effectively nothing to defend the IP against what's going on right now.

So sure it might be wise for MWM to lay low and wait to see what's going to happen in the near term. Even the idea of MWMers not actively talking about playing CoH is probably a reasonable precautionary move. But I don't think it's worth treating the entire CoH server situation like its some kind of "unmentionable Voldemort" that can't even be discussed in open generalities.

CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

Brand X
Brand X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 5 days ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 11/01/2013 - 00:26
I don't see me playing on the

I don't see me playing on the server an act of disobedience or a way to say FU to NCSoft. In fact, I'd still pay to play if they themselves put up an official server.

I do feel, since I bought the game multiple times, both CoH and CoV (different special versions and all) and having paid for every month since the first Winter Event, I have no reason to feel bad :p

avelworldcreator
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 12:19
We haven't condemned

We haven't condemned discussion of this topic at all - even on our own forums. It's too near-and-dear for many people here. As for the team we are just being cautious to avoid accusations of impropriety on our part. We can't even tell them not to; just politely ask that they refrain from certain actions for a while just for peace of mind - at least until the dust settles on this whole crazy mess.

-----------

Senior Developer/Project Manager/Co-Founder,,, and then some.

Cinnder
Cinnder's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 21 min ago
Gunterkickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 08/26/2013 - 16:24
avelworldcreator wrote:
avelworldcreator wrote:

We haven't condemned discussion of this topic at all - even on our own forums. It's too near-and-dear for many people here. As for the team we are just being cautious to avoid accusations of impropriety on our part. We can't even tell them not to; just politely ask that they refrain from certain actions for a while just for peace of mind - at least until the dust settles on this whole crazy mess.

Fair enough. If you folks change your mind, I'm happy to go with whatever you decide.

If anyone from MWM does get a chance to try the old game again, one advantage I could see come from that would be a refresher on the feel of combat so as to be able to reproduce that in a similar way in the new City.

Spurn all ye kindle.

DesViper
DesViper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 17 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/10/2014 - 00:55
avelworldcreator wrote:
avelworldcreator wrote:

We haven't condemned discussion of this topic at all - even on our own forums. It's too near-and-dear for many people here. As for the team we are just being cautious to avoid accusations of impropriety on our part. We can't even tell them not to; just politely ask that they refrain from certain actions for a while just for peace of mind - at least until the dust settles on this whole crazy mess.

Last couple weeks have felt so much longer that I forget it's only been a couple weeks since this all broke loose :p


Moderator
My Non-Canon Toons
Avatar by MikeNovember
Lothic
Lothic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/02/2013 - 00:27
Brand X wrote:
Brand X wrote:

I don't see me playing on the server an act of disobedience or a way to say FU to NCSoft. In fact, I'd still pay to play if they themselves put up an official server.

I do feel, since I bought the game multiple times, both CoH and CoV (different special versions and all) and having paid for every month since the first Winter Event, I have no reason to feel bad :p

I don't begrudge NCsoft for the 8.5 years of "service" they provided to me. By that account I got what I paid for.

I do begrudge NCsoft for unilaterally deciding when it was time for me to lose access to the characters I had spent thousands of hours building up without an effective "post shutdown" plan to allow me to continue to have access to them. For that "little inconvenience" they can forever kiss my ass...

As with pretty much everything else I say here YMMV.

CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

Planet10
Planet10's picture
Offline
Last seen: 42 min 38 sec ago
Joined: 03/23/2016 - 17:21
Are any of you streaming your

Are any of you streaming your CoX sessions? That I might be interested in seeing. So far I am taking a wait-and-see approach to this re-emergence.

"Just, well, update your kickstarter email addresses, okay? Make sure they're current?" - warcabbit

DesViper
DesViper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 17 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/10/2014 - 00:55
Do people stream pirated

Do people stream pirated games? :p


Moderator
My Non-Canon Toons
Avatar by MikeNovember
Wolfgang8565
Wolfgang8565's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 min 36 sec ago
Developer
Joined: 10/31/2014 - 14:51
DesViper wrote:
DesViper wrote:

Do people stream pirated games? :p

Im pretty sure thats how this whole thing started. lol

-----------

Graphic Designer

Cobalt Azurean
Cobalt Azurean's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 15 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/03/2013 - 16:39
Wolfgang8565 wrote:
Wolfgang8565 wrote:
DesViper wrote:

Do people stream pirated games? :p

Im pretty sure thats how this whole thing started. lol

I lol'd.

warlocc
warlocc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 3 min ago
Developerkickstarter
Joined: 09/20/2013 - 16:38
DesViper wrote:
DesViper wrote:

Do people stream pirated games? :p

Well, technically the player isn't the one that pirated, especially if they owned the game previously.

PR Team, Forum Moderator, Live Response Team

Planet10
Planet10's picture
Offline
Last seen: 42 min 38 sec ago
Joined: 03/23/2016 - 17:21
1.) Load up Twitch.

1.) Load up Twitch.
2.) Browse for City of Heroes.
3.) Start watching game play.
4.) ???
5.) Profit

"Just, well, update your kickstarter email addresses, okay? Make sure they're current?" - warcabbit

Atama
Atama's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 22 hours ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 22:32
DesViper wrote:
DesViper wrote:

I mean anyone not staff shouldn't worry for themselves I guess, but you know "see no evil, hear no evil"

...and then death by ninja.

DesViper
DesViper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 17 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/10/2014 - 00:55
warlocc wrote:
warlocc wrote:
DesViper wrote:

Do people stream pirated games? :p

Well, technically the player isn't the one that pirated, especially if they owned the game previously.

Good point, that doesn't meet the strictest definition of "pirated", but MMOs are a bit different than out-of-box games.


Moderator
My Non-Canon Toons
Avatar by MikeNovember
Nos482
Nos482's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 45 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 08/25/2013 - 14:50
Atama wrote:
Atama wrote:
DesViper wrote:

I mean anyone not staff shouldn't worry for themselves I guess, but you know "see no evil, hear no evil"

...and then death by ninja.

When people ask me about my religion, I tell 'em I'd worship Cthulhu.

How bad could I possibly be? Let's see...

Empyrean
Empyrean's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 50 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/16/2014 - 07:51
Uhhh... based on posts on the

Uhhh... based on posts on the "Titan Network legal CoH server" thread, I now wonder if my making this thread was a good idea.

FIGHT EVIL! (or go cause trouble so the Heroes have something to do.)

avelworldcreator
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 12:19
Empyrean wrote:
Empyrean wrote:

Uhhh... based on posts on the "Titan Network legal CoH server" thread, I now wonder if my making this thread was a good idea.

It's fine. The moderator's need something to keep us busy. ;p

-----------

Senior Developer/Project Manager/Co-Founder,,, and then some.

warlocc
warlocc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 3 min ago
Developerkickstarter
Joined: 09/20/2013 - 16:38
avelworldcreator wrote:
avelworldcreator wrote:
Empyrean wrote:

Uhhh... based on posts on the "Titan Network legal CoH server" thread, I now wonder if my making this thread was a good idea.

It's fine. The moderator's need something to keep us busy. ;p

"us"?! You have more important things to do!

PR Team, Forum Moderator, Live Response Team

avelworldcreator
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 12:19
warlocc wrote:
warlocc wrote:
avelworldcreator wrote:
Empyrean wrote:

Uhhh... based on posts on the "Titan Network legal CoH server" thread, I now wonder if my making this thread was a good idea.

It's fine. The moderator's need something to keep us busy. ;p

"us"?! You have more important things to do!

It's a joke, son; it's a joke. :p

-----------

Senior Developer/Project Manager/Co-Founder,,, and then some.

Empyrean
Empyrean's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 50 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/16/2014 - 07:51
My honest assessment after me

UPDATE

My honest assessment after me, my wife and my son have been playing since this past Friday:

City of X was really lightening in a bottle, and NCsoft are craphouse rat crazy for not embracing what they own.

We three have all played Champions Online, DC Universe Online, The Secret World, and Star Trek Online, and today I asked them both, "do I just have nostalgia-goggles, or is this just much, much more fun than any of those?" They both said that they never had this much fun on any of those games (which we all also played together), EVEN THOUGH WE ALL DESPERATELY, DESPERATELY WANTED TO LOVE THEM.

I'll take the dated graphics and repetitive maps, everything else is amazing.

FIGHT EVIL! (or go cause trouble so the Heroes have something to do.)

Lothic
Lothic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/02/2013 - 00:27
Empyrean wrote:
Empyrean wrote:

UPDATE

My honest assessment after me, my wife and my son have been playing since this past Friday:

City of X was really lightening in a bottle, and NCsoft are craphouse rat crazy for not embracing what they own.

We three have all played Champions Online, DC Universe Online, The Secret World, and Star Trek Online, and today I asked them both, "do I just have nostalgia-goggles, or is this just much, much more fun than any of those?" They both said that they never had this much fun on any of those games (which we all also played together), EVEN THOUGH WE ALL DESPERATELY, DESPERATELY WANTED TO LOVE THEM.

I'll take the dated graphics and repetitive maps, everything else is amazing.

I never bothered with DCUO or TSW but I've quit both CO and STO probably at least in part because they were never as fun as CoH was. And this is coming from a die-hard Trek fan that really, really, I mean really wanted to love that particular game.

I played CO and STO maybe six months each - by contrast (as my signature line says) I was there during CoH Headstart and 8.5 years later I watched the servers go offline on the Last Day.

While I continue to have hopes for the success of CoT there's no denying the fact that MWM has pretty big shoes to fill.

CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

Empyrean
Empyrean's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 50 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/16/2014 - 07:51
Lothic wrote:
Lothic wrote:

And this is coming from a die-hard Trek fan that really, really, I mean really wanted to love that particular game.

While I'm probably more of a Superhero fan than a Star Trek fan, I'm enough of a Star Trek fan that I watch the Heroes and Icons Star Trek block (at least Origional Series through DS 9 to Voyager) almost every night when I get home from work--and I very rarely see an episode I don't remember.

I wanted to like that game. And the space battle is pretty neat. But just couldn't get as into it as I wanted. I think maybe one of the strengths of CoH is what many seem to think is it's biggest weakness--an origional IP rather than previously established one.

FIGHT EVIL! (or go cause trouble so the Heroes have something to do.)

Wolfgang8565
Wolfgang8565's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 min 36 sec ago
Developer
Joined: 10/31/2014 - 14:51
I tried TSW a few times in

I tried TSW a few times in the past. I really liked the idea behind it, the horror-y aspect of it, but that same horror freaked me out enough to not want to keep playing. Mostly because I could never really find a team so when I went out to fight on my own I would be terrified running through these areas and accidentally running into a nightmarish creature then immediately dying lol.

-----------

Graphic Designer

Brutum
Brutum's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 9 hours ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/13/2013 - 19:18
I'm becoming concerned with

I'm becoming concerned with how close to six months late issue 0 is.

Puny Heroes.

Empyrean
Empyrean's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 50 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/16/2014 - 07:51
Wolfgang8565 wrote:
Wolfgang8565 wrote:

I tried TSW a few times in the past. I really liked the idea behind it, the horror-y aspect of it, but that same horror freaked me out enough to not want to keep playing. Mostly because I could never really find a team so when I went out to fight on my own I would be terrified running through these areas and accidentally running into a nightmarish creature then immediately dying lol.

Another game that I respected and wanted to love, but--aside from meh combat and lack of travel power--the baffling difficulty in teaming was just too much.

FIGHT EVIL! (or go cause trouble so the Heroes have something to do.)

Hope
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 day ago
Joined: 09/15/2013 - 10:10
Brutum wrote:
Brutum wrote:

I'm becoming concerned with how close to six months late issue 0 is.

I'm a patient fellow and I assume that Issue 0 will show up soon enough.

When it does I shall gleefully donate to the Second Chance and embrace it fully.

Till then I get to roll in my old home and smile as I slot my Numina ++.

I'm a happy camper.

Hi. I'm Hope.

Brutum
Brutum's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 9 hours ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/13/2013 - 19:18
I agree that CoH private

I agree that CoH private servers are going to make the wait much easier, and I've been waiting as long as you have, but it concerns me what exactly is going on when they can't get out a test version of a costume creator half a year after they were so deadset on releasing it. June hasn't started yet though so... We'll see what happens I guess.

Puny Heroes.

Atama
Atama's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 22 hours ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 22:32
I played CoH when it was live

I played CoH when it was live but I don’t think I gave it much of a chance. It just didn’t grab me. I later played DCUO and CO.

I play TSW (it’s now SWL) and love it but though you’re playing a character with abilities in the modern world, it’s not a superhero game. It’s not really part of this genre. It’s kind of in a genre of its own.

Playing CoX now, I wish I’d given it more of a chance back in the day. It has a kind of spirit that other MMOs lack. The stories in it are done well and make you feel really heroic (or villainous). There is so much more variety in character design (powers, origins, etc.) than other superhero games. I see now why it had such an impact. I’m glad I have a chance to experience it and it makes me that more excited for CoT.

One reason why I’m eager for CoT now is that as much freedom as I have in CoX, it’s still not as open as CoT is slated to be. For example, I tried to make the character in CoH that I want as my main in CoT but I can’t. I want to fire concussive missiles at people from a power suit, but the closest I could get is Energy Blast. But it’s not the same seeing energy beams shooting at enemies. It’s fun but limitations like that help illustrate how much innovation the developers of CoT have. They’re not remaking CoX, they’re evolving from it. And as great as CoX was, I can’t wait to see how much better CoT can be.

Lothic
Lothic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/02/2013 - 00:27
Brutum wrote:
Brutum wrote:

I agree that CoH private servers are going to make the wait much easier, and I've been waiting as long as you have, but it concerns me what exactly is going on when they can't get out a test version of a costume creator half a year after they were so deadset on releasing it. June hasn't started yet though so... We'll see what happens I guess.

Obviously it sucks that we don't have some kind of "CoT Issue 0 costume creator" to play with yet. But there's a big difference between having a "functional" costume creator and one that's -actually- worth messing around with. I'll explain the difference...

Perhaps what's holding up Issue 0 has little to do with the costume creator directly. Maybe they're still fighting some unforeseen server connection issues or some other fundamental problem. So while some of the MWM Devs are working on that the art Devs remain busy working on costume items.

The net effect might be this: We could have either had access to a "functional" costume creator 6 months ago with only like 50 costume items total or we wait the extra 6+ months (like we have) and hopefully we'll have a costume creator with 100s or even 1000s of items ready to go. Frankly the "functional costume creator 6 months ago with only 50 costume items total" scenario would have actually kind of sucked. Given those two possibilities I'm fine waiting for the second one.

CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

DesViper
DesViper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 17 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/10/2014 - 00:55
Brutum wrote:
Brutum wrote:

I agree that CoH private servers are going to make the wait much easier, and I've been waiting as long as you have, but it concerns me what exactly is going on when they can't get out a test version of a costume creator half a year after they were so deadset on releasing it. June hasn't started yet though so... We'll see what happens I guess.

I'm not privy to the fine print, but there's a thing with the KS where they have to release a complete product, not just the Chargen. If it was just the Chargen I'd bet it'd've been released months ago. A bunch of other stuff (the zone, the launcher, etc) has to also be in place for Issue 0.


Moderator
My Non-Canon Toons
Avatar by MikeNovember
Dark Cleric
Dark Cleric's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 16 min ago
Joined: 05/14/2018 - 12:26
Lothic wrote:
Lothic wrote:
Brutum wrote:

I agree that CoH private servers are going to make the wait much easier, and I've been waiting as long as you have, but it concerns me what exactly is going on when they can't get out a test version of a costume creator half a year after they were so deadset on releasing it. June hasn't started yet though so... We'll see what happens I guess.

Obviously it sucks that we don't have some kind of "CoT Issue 0 costume creator" to play with yet. But there's a big difference between having a "functional" costume creator and one that's -actually- worth messing around with. I'll explain the difference...

Perhaps what's holding up Issue 0 has little to do with the costume creator directly. Maybe they're still fighting some unforeseen server connection issues or some other fundamental problem. So while some of the MWM Devs are working on that the art Devs remain busy working on costume items.

The net effect might be this: We could have either had access to a "functional" costume creator 6 months ago with only like 50 costume items total or we wait the extra 6+ months (like we have) and hopefully we'll have a costume creator with 100s or even 1000s of items ready to go. Frankly the "functional costume creator 6 months ago with only 50 costume items total" scenario would have actually kind of sucked. Given those two possibilities I'm fine waiting for the second one.

This dead horse doesn't resemble a horse anymore so I won't beat it. I only hope Lothic is right.

Compulsively clicking the refresh button until the next update.

Dark Cleric
Dark Cleric's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 16 min ago
Joined: 05/14/2018 - 12:26
DesViper wrote:
DesViper wrote:
Brutum wrote:

I agree that CoH private servers are going to make the wait much easier, and I've been waiting as long as you have, but it concerns me what exactly is going on when they can't get out a test version of a costume creator half a year after they were so deadset on releasing it. June hasn't started yet though so... We'll see what happens I guess.

I'm not privy to the fine print, but there's a thing with the KS where they have to release a complete product, not just the Chargen. If it was just the Chargen I'd bet it'd've been released months ago. A bunch of other stuff (the zone, the launcher, etc) has to also be in place for Issue 0.

Not true; Avel confirmed just a little while ago that the only official part of issue 0 is the chargen. The chat zone is not part of the official release.

Compulsively clicking the refresh button until the next update.

DesViper
DesViper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 17 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/10/2014 - 00:55
Quote:
Quote:

blacke4dawn has the right of it.
Right now our necessary release goals for issue #0 are:
* A player login system for online play. We could punt on this one and let people just create and save characters (for now) locally. You can already run around the island (not much to do there yet, but still...)
* Some UI tweaks.
* Set up some kind of character select/lobby/etc. stage.
* Chat. A server design is in the works. This connects to the login stuff of course.We might get something basic here until we get the one with the features we desire in place.
* And a basic installer to get things started, at least at the play-tester stage.

This is what I know off of my head ,and there may be things I'm missing, but that's the gist of things right now for Issue #0. Hope this helps.

First mention I found. Can you link to this confirmation of that it's only the chargen?


Moderator
My Non-Canon Toons
Avatar by MikeNovember
Dark Cleric
Dark Cleric's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 16 min ago
Joined: 05/14/2018 - 12:26
His comment is #84 on the

His comment is #84 on the "Let's talk about Issue 0" thread.

Avelworldcreator wrote:

I'm afraid I don't understand the confusion here. We have been consistently saying that the only definite feature that Issue #0 will have on release in official statements is the character creator.

Compulsively clicking the refresh button until the next update.

DesViper
DesViper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 17 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/10/2014 - 00:55
The whole comment

The whole comment

Avelworldcreator wrote:

I'm afraid I don't understand the confusion here. We have been consistently saying that the only definite feature that Issue #0 will have on release in official statements is the character creator. For the record an authoritative statement is official. My previous listing in this thread is official by definition. I'm the guy in charge of releases by the way. In the past I had hoped to have the character creator as a separate product from the game and to have it integrated into it when that was ready, but because of our contract with Epic we can't release anything else except for the game. After that is released we can do other products with the same engine. This means we couldn't do the character tool separate unfortunately.

Was with Epic, not KS, my bad.


Moderator
My Non-Canon Toons
Avatar by MikeNovember
Brutum
Brutum's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 9 hours ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/13/2013 - 19:18
I was under the impression

I was under the impression the only thing being promised was the character creator as well.

Puny Heroes.

DesViper
DesViper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 17 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/10/2014 - 00:55
My impression (again, not

My impression (again, not privy to fine print), was that it's the Chargen and the absolute basics otherwise: small zone, launcher, save/load, an NPC.


Moderator
My Non-Canon Toons
Avatar by MikeNovember
Atama
Atama's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 22 hours ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 22:32
Brutum wrote:
Brutum wrote:

I was under the impression the only thing being promised was the character creator as well.

That might be the only part of the client guaranteed to be functioning. But they can’t release the character creator as a separate program. The only thing they can release is the actual game client.

So in other words, they aren’t allowed to release a character creator/avatar builder on its own. Instead you’ll get a very early version of the game client. That client will later get more components until it becomes the full game later on. But it’s going to be at least the “skeleton” of the real game, even if the only “meat” on it is the character creator.

Brutum
Brutum's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 9 hours ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/13/2013 - 19:18
Hmm, I see.

Hmm, I see.

Puny Heroes.

warlocc
warlocc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 3 min ago
Developerkickstarter
Joined: 09/20/2013 - 16:38
Atama wrote:
Atama wrote:

But they can’t release the character creator as a separate program. The only thing they can release is the actual game client.

This is correct, and combined with the issue we had at the end of 2018, is a big part of the delay. It's not breaking NDA to say that there is a functioning character creator right now- you can already see it in action with some of the updates we've posted, the screenshots and videos show it pretty clearly. We just can't release it until we have everything else ready, per that contract.

Lothic is also correct that in a way, this is a net gain. It means we'll be able to have that much more content added to it when we do release it vs what's in it currently (or even compared to what was in it 3 months ago).

PR Team, Forum Moderator, Live Response Team

DesViper
DesViper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 17 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/10/2014 - 00:55
"A delayed game..." ;)

"A delayed game..." ;)


Moderator
My Non-Canon Toons
Avatar by MikeNovember
Brand X
Brand X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 5 days ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 11/01/2013 - 00:26
Empyrean wrote:
Empyrean wrote:

UPDATE

My honest assessment after me, my wife and my son have been playing since this past Friday:

City of X was really lightening in a bottle, and NCsoft are craphouse rat crazy for not embracing what they own.

We three have all played Champions Online, DC Universe Online, The Secret World, and Star Trek Online, and today I asked them both, "do I just have nostalgia-goggles, or is this just much, much more fun than any of those?" They both said that they never had this much fun on any of those games (which we all also played together), EVEN THOUGH WE ALL DESPERATELY, DESPERATELY WANTED TO LOVE THEM.

I'll take the dated graphics and repetitive maps, everything else is amazing.

In total agreement.

Though, I've found games that were fun to play, they were all missing something that I had in CoH.

I'll take CoH's dated graphics as well. Repetitive maps, well that truthfully feels like most (not all) MMOs to me. :p

DesViper
DesViper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 17 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/10/2014 - 00:55
Just saying, I'm excited to

Just saying, I'm excited to have fingers :p


Moderator
My Non-Canon Toons
Avatar by MikeNovember
Rezelius
Rezelius's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 08/22/2013 - 14:01
Lothic wrote:
Lothic wrote:

I never bothered with DCUO or TSW but I've quit both CO and STO probably at least in part because they were never as fun as CoH was. And this is coming from a die-hard Trek fan that really, really, I mean really wanted to love that particular game.

I played CO and STO maybe six months each - by contrast (as my signature line says) I was there during CoH Headstart and 8.5 years later I watched the servers go offline on the Last Day.

I gave both CO and STO a try and neither could really hold my interest. CO was never as fun or interesting for me as CoH was and STO just never fully captured "Star Trek" for me. Combat was lacking and the story was never something I cared about in comparison to some of the CoH content which says a lot as I am a life long Trek fan.

A friend got me started on CoH back in High School and I played right up until the servers shut down. I have yet to find an MMO that entertains me the way CoH did, everything else is too grindy, pay to win or a combination.

I'm attempting to temper my expectations but I really do hope CoT is able to capture the spirit of CoH.

SavageFist
SavageFist's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 20 hours ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 08/21/2013 - 22:04
Atama wrote:
Atama wrote:

I played CoH when it was live but I don’t think I gave it much of a chance. It just didn’t grab me. I later played DCUO and CO.

I play TSW (it’s now SWL) and love it but though you’re playing a character with abilities in the modern world, it’s not a superhero game. It’s not really part of this genre. It’s kind of in a genre of its own.

Playing CoX now, I wish I’d given it more of a chance back in the day. It has a kind of spirit that other MMOs lack. The stories in it are done well and make you feel really heroic (or villainous). There is so much more variety in character design (powers, origins, etc.) than other superhero games. I see now why it had such an impact. I’m glad I have a chance to experience it and it makes me that more excited for CoT.

One reason why I’m eager for CoT now is that as much freedom as I have in CoX, it’s still not as open as CoT is slated to be. For example, I tried to make the character in CoH that I want as my main in CoT but I can’t. I want to fire concussive missiles at people from a power suit, but the closest I could get is Energy Blast. But it’s not the same seeing energy beams shooting at enemies. It’s fun but limitations like that help illustrate how much innovation the developers of CoT have. They’re not remaking CoX, they’re evolving from it. And as great as CoX was, I can’t wait to see how much better CoT can be.

It won't scratch the itch completely but you can at least pick up LRM Missile from Munitions Mastery when choosing your Epic power pool(if you are playing a Blaster). Pretty cool animation imo.

I love reading the experience from anyone new to the game. A few I've encountered in-game, also heard about it but never played and are having a blast. I'm ok with the graphics and as far I'm concerned, no other game has matched the particle effects of the powersets. No rose-tinted glasses for me and the game is just as fun where I can't wait to try a new powerset combo, start getting purple recipes and get into Incarnate content more this time around. Sooo much to do and accomplish. ESO got dropped like a lead balloon.

Reward tactics as well as damage dealing.

TheInternetJanitor
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 05/11/2018 - 06:00
I also suspected I had CoH

I also suspected I had CoH nostalgia glasses. After trying it out again, especially the stuff added later that I never played when the game was live, I am in love all over again. Could it be better if made from the ground up learning from the first game? Absolutely. That is why we're all here after all!

Grayfigure
Grayfigure's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 08/26/2013 - 13:56
Yup, been testing out the

Yup, been testing out the Nostalgia Glasses idea, and am glad to say that that doesn't seem to be the case for me. I'd just gotten back into Final Fantasy 14 for the second time, and was really getting into it....Then the Ghost of CoH Rezzed..........Ive logged into FF14 twice since then! Every......Day....that I can....has been in CoH. Im having to pace myself because its just that addicting and fun again. Even more so, because now I can forgive the (very few) downsides I had to it, because Ive learned to live without it for so long.

But anyway! Im spread across 4 out of 5 servers, so Excelsior is a fine choice for me (Rest Well, Stan...you Deserve it :) ). Look for 0DIN50N whenever you see him hollar out in /Help!

On the edge of your Perceptions......
Turn away and feel his hand upon your shoulder.....
Look for him and he shall not exist.....
in the middle of the crowd....lost in the faces....
Stands a Figure....of Gray......

Safehouse
Safehouse's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 days ago
kickstarter
Joined: 10/15/2013 - 12:03
Grayfigure wrote:
Grayfigure wrote:

Yup, been testing out the Nostalgia Glasses idea, and am glad to say that that doesn't seem to be the case for me. I'd just gotten back into Final Fantasy 14 for the second time, and was really getting into it....Then the Ghost of CoH Rezzed..........Ive logged into FF14 twice since then! Every......Day....that I can....has been in CoH. Im having to pace myself because its just that addicting and fun again. Even more so, because now I can forgive the (very few) downsides I had to it, because Ive learned to live without it for so long.

But anyway! Im spread across 4 out of 5 servers, so Excelsior is a fine choice for me (Rest Well, Stan...you Deserve it :) ). Look for 0DIN50N whenever you see him hollar out in /Help!

I keep saying every night “I should log into FFXIV and check in on my free company.”

Every night I find myself playing CoH instead.

I did warn them this was likely to happen.

Name: Safehouse
Ranger: Gunner
Primary: Force Blast
Secondary: Super Agility
Tertiary: Kinetic Melee
Travel Power: Parkour
Status: Traveling. Following rumors of a huge city in Massachusetts that is teeming with supers.

TheInternetJanitor
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 05/11/2018 - 06:00
The more I fool around the

The more I fool around the more I realize how much CoX still outshines a lot of current generation stuff.

Not in every way, of course, but it was way ahead of the time.

alewolf
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 5 days ago
Joined: 08/21/2014 - 07:09
I have played every game

I have played every game mentioned here and more. COX is special, the game is fun and although I stepped away from it for the last few years, I always told people it had the greatest group dynamics of any game. All classes are viable in groups, most classes can solo passably well and there was a good amount of content. I remember beta and release, so going back to the new COX has been interesting for me. I did not like the original crafting system, but they seem to have fixed it. They went back and put in new missions that actually fill in not only game play but lore. Most of the choices made by the COX team seemed to have been really good ones. I grinded out my first 50 in 15 or 20 hours of solid game play. Started on the 11th of May, slowed down a bit but have a 50 working on incarnate (first time for me) Two 30s and a few teens. Forgot how addicting it was.

Cobalt Azurean
Cobalt Azurean's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 15 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/03/2013 - 16:39
Grayfigure wrote:
Grayfigure wrote:

But anyway! Im spread across 4 out of 5 servers, so Excelsior is a fine choice for me (Rest Well, Stan...you Deserve it :) ). Look for 0DIN50N whenever you see him hollar out in /Help!

<--- Sun Wukong, and I've seen you in Help.

Cyclops
Cyclops's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 20 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 04/10/2015 - 17:24
OK I'm on. I remade Black

OK I'm on. I remade Black Falcon, and I did the Hellion grind to level 4. Just a question, though. I don't remember how to free the camera to make a screen shot.

Cyclops
Cyclops's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 20 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 04/10/2015 - 17:24
Never mind, I got it!

Never mind, I got it!
Black Falcon is BACK!

The joy of flight!

DesViper
DesViper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 17 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/10/2014 - 00:55
Definitely needs more........

Definitely needs more......... :p


Moderator
My Non-Canon Toons
Avatar by MikeNovember
Cinnder
Cinnder's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 21 min ago
Gunterkickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 08/26/2013 - 16:24
TheInternetJanitor wrote:
TheInternetJanitor wrote:

The more I fool around the more I realize how much CoX still outshines a lot of current generation stuff.

Not in every way, of course, but it was way ahead of the time.

Aside from graphics, which aren't the most important thing for me, I can't come up with anything that the old game doesn't do better than any current MMO out there.

Spurn all ye kindle.

Atama
Atama's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 22 hours ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 22:32
Cinnder wrote:
Cinnder wrote:
TheInternetJanitor wrote:

The more I fool around the more I realize how much CoX still outshines a lot of current generation stuff.

Not in every way, of course, but it was way ahead of the time.

Aside from graphics, which aren't the most important thing for me, I can't come up with anything that the old game doesn't do better than any current MMO out there.

Depending on taste, some other things lacking...

* No group finder/queue for TF. (Some argue that it forces you to be more social though.)

* Few build modification options, just a handful of sliders.

* Very little face customization, you have to pick from a list rather than make your own. (It’s still better than CO though which just lets you change proportions for very ugly, unrealistic faces you’ll want to cover up anyway.)

* Limited color pallet and number of colors per piece.

I’m sure there are tons of things missing you’ll find in newer MMOs. But honestly nothing missing really bothers me.

dvirbl
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 19 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 05/03/2014 - 22:49
just to be precise there is a

just to be precise there is a group finder/queue in the game, i myself used it for the summer blockbuster event.
it's just that there is a lot of recruiting on the channels themselves :)

Atama
Atama's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 22 hours ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 22:32
dvirbl wrote:
dvirbl wrote:

just to be precise there is a group finder/queue in the game, i myself used it for the summer blockbuster event.
it's just that there is a lot of recruiting on the channels themselves :)

Huh, really, I remember people in-game staying otherwise. I took their word for it because I never checked.

dvirbl
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 19 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 05/03/2014 - 22:49
well it was added late in the

well it was added late in the game, so maybe not everyone is aware of it.
if you click on the lfg tab you will see it.

Pages