I feel like this universe has so much potential for stories to be told in it. Whether set in the present or the past, from all possible angles, the groundwork is there for interesting stories to be told for years to come. I think Tales of the TCPD/Underworld and Hijinx prove this, plus I remember talk of an Anthem miniseries. I know they said their main goal is getting the game out first, but there's plans for an expanded universe outside the game itself.
So what stories would you like in it?
Some ideas (titles for convenience):
- The Scoop -- Focused on an everyman reporter trying to get the hottest details in the cape community, even if it means getting too close to danger such as being there in a dangerous hero fight, sneaking into a villain compound, or just getting himself into trouble. As with TCPD/Underworld, it would be a great way to show life in Titan City from a more "mundane" perspective.
- The Golden Age -- Set in the '40s, post-WWII, where superheroes were beginning to emerge and populate Titan City. Has a retro feel to it, with the golden age aesthetics combined with a modern perspective.
- Super/Human -- Set in the '60s/'70s, focusing on the rights issues where beings that weren't baseline humans were forced to sign for a draft by the government, and the fight to get the laws struck down.
- Art of Deduction -- Focused on the titular superpowered private detective team. I imagine this having a real X-Factor Investigations feel to it.
- Throwaways -- Not every villain gets to be a Serqet or a Doctor Tyche. This focuses on a group of D-list villains trying, and failing, to make in it the villain world with heavy comedy. Inspiration is Superior Foes of Spider-Man.
- Untitled story -- Another new up-and-coming hero in Titan City, but with a different perspective, powers and personality than Hijinx.
Those are just some of my ideas. What about you guys?