Announcements

Read our most recent update here: New Year's Message from Dr. Tyche!

Get the latest Patch now! The MacOS Client Launcher is Now available in the store! If you've already donated $50 or more, you'll find the Mac Launcher on your rewards page. https://store.missingworldsmedia.com/

Join the conversation on Discord: https://discord.gg/w6Tpkp2

Super Adventure Game (4 spots open!)

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dudesoft
Dudesoft's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 9 months ago
Joined: 09/20/2013 - 07:37
Super Adventure Game (4 spots open!)


This is the Super Adventure Game!
This is a forum game that is partially a role-play, but moreso a choose-your-own adventure game. Set in the mythical Apollo City, on the coast of whatever world this is, ordinary people have been finding themselves with extraordinary abilities. With it, came a sudden rise in crime. The city is under siege, and it's more than the police can handle!

How to Play
-You will be presented with a situation.
-You must then decide what you do next. It must be in the realm of probability, and you cannot tell me what happens.
-You are presented with a situation that is a result of what you did.
-Each action's success is decided by a 6-sided die.
1=Failure and Personal injury
2=Failure
3=Minor success, not what you intended
4=Success, exactly as you attempted, no better or worse
5=Great Success, you succeed and something great happens!
6=Epic Success, you succeed, something great happens, but something bad also happens.

Sign Up
To start fill this in:
1. Name (you start as a regular joe!)
2. Sex
3. Day Job.
4. You do not start with super powers or anything. Inventory is $5, street clothes, and bus pass.

Each player will have individual adventures, and may end up crossing pathes with other characters.
still 4 player slots potentially open!

Kovacs
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 1 week ago
kickstarter
Joined: 09/08/2013 - 17:50
Im down

Im down

1. Lester
2. Male
3. School Janitor

_______________________________________
Kovacs - Leader of "The Titan Legacy" SuperGroup
The First SuperGroup In City of Titans History - Come Be A Part Of It!!!
http://cityoftitans.com/forum/building-first-super-powered-family

Kaxiya
Kaxiya's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 3 weeks ago
Developerkickstarter
Joined: 08/24/2013 - 21:44
I don't typically story tell,

I don't typically story tell, but I will give it a go.

Name: Dex Tellir
Sex: Male
Day Job: Panhandler

A new beginning, forged from hope never ending!!

Beacon of Blazing Faith--The Titan Legacy

Dudesoft
Dudesoft's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 9 months ago
Joined: 09/20/2013 - 07:37
Good start. Just two more and

Good start. Just two more and I'll send you dudes out to save or destroy this fair city.

Ktzza
Ktzza's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 2 months ago
kickstarter
Joined: 09/17/2013 - 19:14
-Sarah -female -phlebotomist

-Sarah
-female
-phlebotomist

Firefly of Phoenix Rising

NightLight
NightLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 3 weeks ago
kickstarter
Joined: 08/30/2013 - 16:25
1: Michael Botts

1: Michael Botts
2: Male
3: Unemployed Law Major (Lawyer to be)

I will guide you in the night.

Dudesoft
Dudesoft's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 9 months ago
Joined: 09/20/2013 - 07:37
(roll4)Luscious

(roll4)Luscious
You stir from your sweeping duty in the cafeteria of Titan Central High School. The chore's lullaby had snapped in half. An explosive tremor sent shocks through the ground underfoot. Such a shockwave, the garbage bins turn over across the cafeteria.
What do you do? Continue sweeping? Clean up the new mess? Look outside to see what up? Or something else? It's up to you to decide.

(roll2) Kaxiya
You are busted. The police have you against their car, ready to take you in for illegal sales of illegal goods in a back alley, not two blocks from the City Central Courthouse. You have your hands cuffed behind your back, and are about to be moved to the read seat when an explosive shockwave knocks you and the police over. The source of the explosion is hard to say. It was such a shock that you are lightly stunned. Both the cops are as the same, and quickly regaining consciousness. You have a -1 to actions this turn due to dizziness.
What do you do? Do you admit yourself to arrest? Do you get up and run? Do you try and steal the cuff keys from the officers? Or do you do something entirely else?

4.
You sit back and examine the vial of blood you drew, and smile candidly at the patient. "That wasn't so bad, now was it?"
Just then, as the patient sighs with relief, a violent shockwave shatters through the hospital, where patients and doctos alike are knocked over. Medical instruments fall everywhere, but you somehow manage to keep hold of the blood sample. You are light headed at first but it passes quickly. The Westside General Hospital must have been too far from whatever it was to be really affected. The patient next to you seems to has fainted. What do you do? Do you see if the patient you were handling is okay? Do you get the blood sample to the lab? Do you try to see if other patients need help? Or something else? It's up to you!

(roll6) NightLight
You find yourself sipping a latte in Cashcoffee. You are in the most comfortable chair because you had waited all morning for it. Three lattes later and a few newspaper, and the old familiar leather was yours. Sure you haven't been employed since university let out for the summer, but you deserve this.
As you unfold a book by some fellow named Plato, the windows of the coffee shop burst in. Shards of glass slice everywhere. As it happens, to your luck, the comfy chair is positioned in a nook and you are unharmed. Too bad you can't say the same about the other twenty corpses around you. The air is suddenly full of a hazy green mist, which somehow is not choking you. What do you do? Do you cover your mouth? Finish your latte? Check if anyone survived the blast? See what happened outside? Or something else? It's up to you! You decide!

NightLight
NightLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 3 weeks ago
kickstarter
Joined: 08/30/2013 - 16:25
Michael Botts is absolutely

Michael Botts is absolutely stunned at what had just happened around him. The University never prepared him for this! Hesitating out of shock and fear, it took Michael a few moments before it came to his mind that he should check for anyone alive. Michael would run around the shop to find any survivors.

If he were to find someone left alive, he would do his best to get them out of the shop, through the back (or opposite of the blast's source).

If no one was left, his curiosity would compel him to look out of the store towards the blast. If he could not see anything of interest, he would then try to go the opposite way, hoping to get out alive himself.

I will guide you in the night.

Kaxiya
Kaxiya's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 3 weeks ago
Developerkickstarter
Joined: 08/24/2013 - 21:44
Dex, not knowing what is

Dex, not knowing what is happening and seeing the police down and dazed, crouches down to take cover while looking about the area to determine whats going on.

(depending on his innocence of the crime or not, the following actions will be attempted)

Guilty(no threat)-If there is no obvious reason for the explosive shockwave and it appears relatively safe, Dex will attempt knock out the police using the open car door or perhaps a knee. If successful he would then rummage for the cuff key and attempt his escape away from the shockwave

Innocent(no threat)-If no threat appears, Dex will just seek cover until the police regain consciousness. He would then try to show his innocence by surrendering to the authorities

Guilty(threat) --if a threat does appear he would attempt to make his escape as unnoticed as possible ignoring the cops and their plight

Innocent(threat) --If a threat is evident, Dex will attempt to assist in getting the injured police under cover until they are able to protect themselves. He would then surrender to the authorities after it was safe.

A new beginning, forged from hope never ending!!

Beacon of Blazing Faith--The Titan Legacy

Dudesoft
Dudesoft's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 9 months ago
Joined: 09/20/2013 - 07:37
I like the way you are

I like the way you are posting. It's inventive and fun! Doesn't leave me with a boatload of choices to make.
On other news, I won't be sending reminders for each 'event' post by me; as I'll aim to keep it regular. If I can't because of life, I'll say so here, and pm you all after!

Anyone else who wants to join, I can take on maybe 3-4 more before I tap out.
8 is definitely my max player pool.