[Seeing all the other posts, I felt I had to do Jessica's! A rebooted version of my CoH main, who's taking a bit of everything from her original CoH beginning to her end of CoH last retcon. :)]
"I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend. You could cut ties with all the lies, that you've been living in. And if you do not want to see me again, I would understand. I would understand."
"The angry boy, a bit too insane. Icing over a secret pain. You know you don't belong. You're the first to fight. You're way too loud. You're the flash of light on a burial shroud."
"J.J. totally not the right song before doing this."
Long black hair flew in the wind. Bright green eyes shined from beneath an ornate black domino mask as she watched from the flashing red and blue lights swimming in the darkness from the ledge, as those around them scramble to make sense of what's happening.
"And if you do not want to see me again..." the figure sung out as she jumped from the ledge, her black hair changing to golden blonde like a tidal wave of color had washed over it, her bright green eyes going completely white, "...I will understand!" she finished as two long ears materialized from her now golden mane as she grabbed ahold of the edge of a window sill five floors below her, swinging herself through a broken window.
"I'm in Bobby. See her on the cameras?"
"I can't see anything. I'm not in."
"How are you not in? You're the best..."
Before she could finish the sentence, the voice over the comm interrupted her, "So are they! One of the most secure federal buildings in the world and all."
"How secure can it be? I'm in."
"Says the super spy, assassin, soldier with kung fu grip."
"Soldier is the Army. I was Navy."
"But you were S.E.A.L. trained."
"Seal works too, still Navy."
"What do you see?"
"Lots of bodies littering the floor."
"What?! I thought you said she wouldn't kill anyone!"
"They're just unconscience. Good for me. They would've just slowed me down."
"You have an extra set of huge ears and you hear nothing?"
"I know. This place is sound proofed like nothing else."
Two loud shots, as if on cue, rang out as she spoke, her ears twitched toward the sound, obviously coming from a nearby hall, "Heard a shot, going towards it."
"The fact that you can't track them by smell."
"Oh my gawd. Like now?"
"Foxes have been known to smell things under three feet of snow."
"And walk on all fours, which I'm totally not doing." she turned the corner to see a hallway filled with what can only be described as hired henchman, "Yup. She's going to make sure I stay busy."
Noticing the new arrival, shots raced towards her as others charged her.
A beautiful figure stood in front of the leotard clad, masked, currently blonde vigilante, "Impressive Jessica. Wait. Instinct? Black Fox? Nightshade? Spoilsport? Shadow Fox? Have you even decided on a name?"
"Sister seems good right now."
The girl in front of her sighed, "You're not going to stop me. I'm going to find him and I'm going to kill him."
"Let it go Jaime. He's not worth it."
"Wrong! He ruined our lives! He ruined mine!"
"Go home. Your parents, they want you home." Jessica pleaded.
"No! They wanted their son back! Not...not..." she looked over her hands as she stammered, "...not some daughter."
"They don't care Jaime."
"They do! I saw it in their eyes!"
"It was just shock! Come on! You know better. Remember your training. Please. Don't make me hurt you. I don't want to hurt you."
She rolled her eyes, "Please Jessica. You couldn't even take out all my men."
"Look around you Jaime, of cour..." all four ears started to twitch before she spun around and fell to the floor with two holes through her chest befor she slipped into unconscienceness.
Jaime shook her head, "This is why I'm glad it was you, sister." reaching down to feel the metal arm underneath the sleeve, "You're a cape I knew could survive this." She spun around to leave, "And I don't want to kill anyone anymore. Except for him."
Jessica started to stir.
"Raven's Nest, pack up and get out before she's awake. Everyone else on comm who isn't knocked out, get to the extraction point, we're outta here."
Real Name: Jessica Ji-eun Lacroix
Alias: Brand X
Alignment: Neutral Good
*Retired - Chief Petty Officer Nathan Lacroix (father)
*Ji-yeon Lacroix (mother - deceased)
*Chief Petty Officer Lynn Lacroix (step-mother)
*Harley Lacroix (step-sister)
*Jaime "Coven" Priest (Project: Archfiend v2.0 "sister" - Linked to Lilith)
*Brittany "Arcana" Rosetti (Project: Archfiend v2.0 "sister" - Linked to Dracula)
*Chloe "Calico" Taylor (Project: Archfiend v2.0 "sister" - Linked to Ceridwen)
*Mary "Witchcraft" (Project: Archfiend v2.0 "sister" - Linked to Hecate)
*Helen "Halo" Gunthrie (Project: Archfiend v2.0 "sister" deceased - Linked to Azrael)
*Jacob "Sea Wolf" St. Ashlar (Project: Archfiend v2.0 "brother" deceased - Linked to Lycaon)
*Project: Archfiend v2.0 (1 of 7 subjects) - Shut Down
*United States Navy (through Project: Archfiend v2.0) - Not so Secret - Retired
*Titan City High School - Senior
Base of Operations: Titan City with a secret hide out located under a pay to park structure building.
Identity: Secret (for now) for the most part
Marital Status: Single
Occupation: Former Covert Military (Lt Commander rank), Vigilante/Adventurer, Student
Age: Almost 18 (at the start of CoT)
Height: 5ft 3in (161cm)
Weight: 115lbs (52kg)
Eyes: Green (variable)
Hair: Black (variable)
Ethnicity: Half Korean (with supernatural descent), 1/8 Native American and the rest European (mostly French)
Origin: Supernatural/Science Hybrid Living Weapon of War
Place of Birth: Fort Worth, Texas
Kidnapped at the age of three to become a subject of Project: Archfiend v2.0. The second iteration of a failed and (almost) forgotten military project, started by an ambitious Admiral Kevin Graves and recently appointed head of Naval Intelligence and a young, brilliant, slightly insane Doctor James McClane.
The Admiral wanted his living weapons of war while the Doctor wanted his childhood dream of an anime harem lifestyle. They got it, including killing those who knew the true beginning of the project, with later personel believing the subjects to be creations from a tube from the start.
From an early age, Jessica and her fellow project members, began working wetwork missions, able to get in places other special forces couldn't.
One year before being freed of the project, Jessica's powers proved to much, and she was used as a test subject for the, Bio Robotic Advanced Neural Dampener Experiment (aka B.R.A.N.D.X.), an experimental power dampening device that was looking to be put into use in the controlled suppression of meta powers. It lacked the desired results due to Jessica's supernatural level of regenneration, causing Jessica's more weaponizing powers to be suppressed, and leaving her partially cybernetic.
The creator of B.R.A.N.D.X mysteriously died soon after, with all information on the dampners destroyed.
It would be a year later, as part of Doctor McClane's grand scheme, that the project would be discovered, the ending to his "harem anime" and beginning of his harems hero journies. Doctor McClane would be imprisoned before escaping with the help of Brittany. Admiral Graves committed suicide instead of facing a court-martial and prison time.
Jessica and her fellow remaining project subjects, would be returned home, to varying degrees of success. Jessica, on her part, while welcomed home, quickly ran away, setting up a new hero identity, before being talked into returning home by her former handler (surrogate father figure), and new head of Naval Intelligence, Admiral James Wolfe.
Powers & Abilities:
Fox Spirit Physiology
*Supernatural Physical Aspects, Regeneration, Heightened Hearing, Dark Vision, Minor Shapeshifting (able to change the color of her hair, eyes, hide her fox ears, the looks of her cybernetic arm)
*While introduced into Jessica's system, as an experimental power limiter, her regeneration abilities caused the limiter to go haywire, replacing her arm with morphable nanite cyber arm and slight durability increase.
*Due to the B.R.A.N.D.X. her Fox-Fire ability (Time Energy Manipulation) has become extremely limited, outside of a few palor tricks. She's yet to surpass the limiter system.
*Besides S.E.A.L. training, she's had continued martial arts, weapon and naval aviation training.
Naturally raven black hair with bright green eyes that Jessica changes to blonde hair and blue eyes (if not straight white eyes) in her hero persona with beautiful features and a body to kill for.
Secret. To a point. While few know her real history. She's already got one reporter who knows, but keeping it a secret and another who's already thought to track one armed females.
There's also a few fellow military types she's rescued (and a few enemy combatants that weren't killed) who have linked the hero she is now, to the special forces elite she was.
1) What emotion best describes your character? Drive
2) What emotion does your character evoke in others? Blissful trust
3) What does you character need most? She's still searching for it.
4) What is your character's goal in life? Seeking justice and having fun while doing it.
5) How does your character believe this goal can be accomplished? Fighting for it.
6) Where did your character come from? Project: Archfiend v2.0
7) When did your character grow up? Early on, being turned into a living weapon of war early in life. Though, as a teen returned home, it's come to be seen she still has some growing to go.
8) What values does your character hold? Family, Justice, her own belief system (influenced by her life in the Project).
9) How does your character dress? Has a love for collars and all sorts of boots over sneakers.
10) What are your character's means? Various.
11) What are you character's personal tastes? Fondness for pineapple, bacon, chicken salad and coffee. Hate for dogs (they just don't care for fox spirits), beer (her powerful regeneration ability gives her none of the fun and all the bitter taste), and breakfast burritos (tired of them from times deployed).
12) What are your character's opinions? General dislike for people in power who abuse their power or can't be trusted in power. Not a fan for lazy people expecting handouts.
13) What's your character's comfort zone? Loves city life and the ocean.
14) Who has had the biggest impact on your character's life? Admiral Wolf (was lower rank officer as she grew up) and Origin (Dr. James McClane, Head Doctor of Project Archfiend)
15) What are some of your character's unexpected quirks? Way to responsible for a teen. Tilts her head at people often. Beautiful dancer. Takes pride in her hand eye coordination. Fears being back with her family, for what it could mean for them and the dangers it can put them in and what she may or may not do for them. Also a general fear/hate on for dogs.
16) What kind of story does your character belong in? Street Level Superhero Vigilante/Part Time Merc Superhero for Admiral Wolf/Occaissional Super Powered Heavy.
17) What role does your character fill? Combat monkey thrill junky.
18) What should the other players know about your character? Serious but fun who's likely to butt heads with the types who are to nice just to save others feelings.
19) What is your playstyle? Just like the character to do cool awesome things. :p
20) How do you want your character to die? Die? This is Jessica! :p Seriously though, she's ageless with supernatural levels of regeneration, staying dead may not be in her vocabulary.