Announcements

A new Update and an Avatar Builder patch are both LIVE! Check it out here: https://cityoftitans.com/content/october-2020-avatar-builder-instant-preview

If you don't already have your own copy of the loader, Sign up for City of Titans and download the Character Creator at our store: https://store.missingworldsmedia.com/

Join the conversation on Discord: https://discord.gg/Z6D3ssP

Random power suggestions

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
shyguy92
shyguy92's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 12:29
Random power suggestions

Okay Please bring in Poison support power set for the dedicated support AT in game its a great Offensive power set debuffing enemies really well how ever it NEED a vomit blast power set to go with not much burst damage but like good debuffing per hit and low damage per hit maybe even some dot damage after words solid AoE and cone Vomit power abilities in the line up :D to match with the AoE and cone poison support power set . . . .and on the topic of foulness. . .hrmm maybe like a horrible troll melee set of like melee vomit that is and AoE up close in melee range with combatants that deals some damage and maybe a little Dot damage after wards but debuffs defense and resistance a little or much, mixed in with regular melee attacks like jab from Super Strength as a starter power pick just slightly re skinned and a AoE projectile vomit in the melee power mix like that of hurl in SS and stone melee where it deals some damage but main thing is debuffing for the vomits in the melee power version of it, and a armor set some how to match though Regen is great. . I mean u have a literal nasty troll build with regen armor for tankers and brutes , or maybe not just Regen in the armor power sets to pick from but like a Regen and debuffing armors hybrids like an armor power in the line up called "musk" where it is just a resistance/regen/debuff themed armor , that is weak to fire damage, where its something absolutely awful and rank smells, and sweats or so that cases more glancing blows or so and emits smells that make people and such cringe around throwing their focus off making them miss attacks more often when in melee an such . . .hrmm. . .Also and silly hats be a thing in CC like the moron helicopter propeller on the colored hat and also able to look like Pepo. . .or you know Pepe the frog because yesssss! :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZr0OZdt7pA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=accF0gAmdeg&t=3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RG9guE0EFs Silly hat on the son doge, would upload a pic but IDK if can copy past pictures in this.

warlocc
warlocc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 39 min ago
Developerkickstarter
Joined: 09/20/2013 - 16:38
Have you read how things work

Have you read how things work? Almost any power set can be "poison".

Edit: I've been informed those two sentences came across harsh, which isn't what I was going for. I was talking about our aesthetic decoupling system- anything can look like poison, and we have a number of ranged and debuff abilities available.

PR Team, Forum Moderator, Live Response Team

Huckleberry
Huckleberry's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 01/03/2016 - 08:39
Shyguy, I'm going to parse

Shyguy, I'm going to parse your post down into bite sized chunks, so let me know if I got them all to your satisfaction:

shyguy92 wrote:

Okay Please bring in Poison support power set for the dedicated support AT in game its a great Offensive power set debuffing enemies really well how ever it NEED a vomit blast power set to go with not much burst damage but like good debuffing per hit and low damage per hit maybe even some dot damage after words solid AoE and cone Vomit power abilities in the line up :D to match with the AoE and cone poison support power set . . . .

Because of aesthetic decoupling, there won't be a "poison" support powerset per se. Rather, you will pick a power set with the functionality you want and then you can make it look like anything you want it to. According to what we've been told so far, the closest powerset we have to a buffing and debuffing powerset like the poison you describe is going to be either the Strategy or the Vampiric Emanation powerset from the Support Archetype.

Then, when you get into the aesthetics of your abilities, you can choose to make a cone attack from your mouth and color it Bile Green or something like it. This would be good for the "Demoralize" ability from the Strategy power set, for example.

Quote:

a horrible troll melee set of like melee vomit that is and AoE up close in melee range with combatants that deals some damage and maybe a little Dot damage after wards but debuffs defense and resistance a little or much, mixed in with regular melee attacks like jab from Super Strength as a starter power pick just slightly re skinned and a AoE projectile vomit in the melee power mix like that of hurl in SS and stone melee where it deals some damage but main thing is debuffing for the vomits in the melee power version of it, and a armor set some how to match

And let's not forget that you will not only get to pick your primary archetype, but also get a secondary specialization. In this case it looks like you want a melee with support features. Unfortunately, CoT does not look to have any plans for combination of Melee and Support Archetypes at release, so you might not get what you want until some time later. So let's look at what will be available at release. From your description, you want this character to be melee first, with AoE short range debuffs. A melee set you might want to consider is Tactical Combat from the Melee Archetype. It includes abilities that buff you and debuff your opponents.
Then you mention regeneration next:

Quote:

a literal nasty troll build with regen armor for tankers and brutes , or maybe not just Regen in the armor power sets to pick from but like a Regen and debuffing armors hybrids like an armor power in the line up called "musk" where it is just a resistance/regen/debuff themed armor , that is weak to fire damage, where its something absolutely awful and rank smells, and sweats or so that cases more glancing blows or so and emits smells that make people and such cringe around throwing their focus off making them miss attacks more often when in melee an such

...and it sounds like you want a combination of Melee and Protection. The Atrophic Aura power set from the Protection Archetype might be just what you're looking for.

Quote:

and silly hats be a thing in CC like the moron helicopter propeller on the colored hat

If no one else picks up on this here, I recommend you go to the costume suggestion page and make this suggestion there? (if no one has already suggested it)

[edited to correct spelling mistakes]


I like to take your ideas and supersize them. This isn't criticism, it is flattery. I come with nothing but good will and a spirit of team-building. If you take what I write any other way, that is probably just because I wasn't very clear.
shyguy92
shyguy92's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 12:29
These replies don't sound bad

These replies don't sound bad and were fast too, but yeah picked up playing City of heroes again and touched poison power set for defender AT and was amazed of how under rated it is, and The Melee and armor part i meant for something like a tanker role for them to be selected fore, I was in a hurry to get my ideas out there and shot gunned it out in one messy paragraph blast, and had to throw in Pepe in the character creator at end and the silly hat for added effect of how ridiculous and silly the powers would/could be.

Hrmm and writing ideas down for pet summons if there is a Master Mind like AT in CoT, MMs have alot of potential but were just left there along time, like what if not only necromancy only allowed you to summon zombies, but what if it gave you the option of summoning Ghosts or skeletons instead of just zombies as your first summon with different abilities and stats changing the game play drastically, or say Mercenaries summon, you get to change out their gear and equipment or choose their gear and equipment once like when you unlock one new pet in the summon, you literally make one of you're guys a medic, the other a machine gunner, another a racketeer with a rocket launcher or a flame thrower guy ect i'm still flushing out the idea in my head . but yeah that could add a lot to a Master mind AT play style to how they want to play through to max level or support teams with them and such.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 01/03/2016 - 08:39
Shyguy, there is a discussion

Shyguy, there is a discussion thread called Primary Power Sets for Commander Class that gets into an in-depth discussion about how Commander (née Mastermind) pets will work. I think it is worth a read, especially the parts written by Tannim222. Another reference would be this: https://cityoftitans.com/comment/132358#comment-132358

I don't think Commander class will work like Mastermind did, then add on augments, refinements and masteries and the chances that you'll have pets with customizable abilities and characteristics is pretty good.

[edited to add second ref]


I like to take your ideas and supersize them. This isn't criticism, it is flattery. I come with nothing but good will and a spirit of team-building. If you take what I write any other way, that is probably just because I wasn't very clear.