I have an idea for a new character. I'm calling him 'Orion'. I finally saw the Wonder Woman movie and it inspired me to imagine a 'flying brick' who fought with a Lasso. Initially, I thought the character would produce all of their effects through telekinesis. However, the more I thought about it, I realized I was making a variant of Tony Stark, an eccentric businessman who crafted a series of personal enhancements to become a superhero. Only, his 'technology' was Magic - he was an Artificer, rather than an engineer.
Outline and Elements
• Athletic Businessman.
• Greek extraction.
• Astronomy and mythology are hobbies.
• Rock climbing is a passion.
• Falls through a ‘crack’ in the world.
• Lands in extra-dimensional land.
• Meets ‘mystical’ people.
• Learns ‘magical’ crafting abilities.
• Takes ‘Orion’ as a model.
• Decides not to make the same mistakes.
• Aspires to hunt/defeat the ‘monsters’ that threaten the People. Like a Hero.
• Somewhere in there, he is taken to ‘Olympos’ to meet individuals resembling the ancient Greek gods. Hermes, Gaia, Athena, Artemis, Hephaestus.
• They teach him slightly more sophisticated methods for his magical crafting.
• Finally, he climbs/falls back into contemporary ‘reality’ and resumes his life.
• On the superheroic scene, a new figure appears. An armored warrior, fighting with a silvery rope. He appears super-strong, fast, athletic, and able to deflect projectiles. He can fly and stick to walls, so he doesn’t Fall again. He has superb sensory acuity and is able to heal damage easily.
• He is called ‘Orion’ and bases many of his ‘powers’ on Greek mythology.
• He, himself, does not have 'superpowers' but has crafted a number of artifacts that give him those abilities.
• He particularly hunts those that mundane Law has trouble affecting. Also, he seems to be an ‘eco-warrior’, defending Nature and confronting those that damage nature. He investigates and exposes criminal activities, so that Justice may be done by normal civilian processes.
• In CoT terms, he’s probably a ‘Centurion’. Protection/Control. WtC would probably designate him a ‘Merlin’, acting as a ‘Dragon’, emulating an ‘Atlas’.
** I would like to solicit the input of YOU all, to help me tell this tale.