Announcements

Join the ongoing conversation on Discord: https://discord.gg/w6Tpkp2

Please read the current update for instructions on downloading the latest update. Players with Mac versions of the game will not be affected, but you will have a slightly longer wait for your version of the new maps. Please make a copy of your character folder before running the new update, just to make sure you don't lose any of your custom work.

It looks like we can give everyone a list of minimum specs for running City of Titans. Please keep in mind that this is 'for now' until we are able to add more graphics and other system refinements. Currently you will need :
Windows 10 or later required; no Intel integrated graphics like UHD, must have AMD or NVIDIA card or discrete chipset with 4Gb or more of VRAM
At least 16GB of main DRAM.
These stats may change as we continue to test.

To purchase your copy of the City of Titans Launcher, visit our store at https://store.missingworldsmedia.com/ A purchase of $50 or more will give you a link to download the Launcher for Windows or Mac based machines.

My Hope for Pax West 2018 (HOPE ONLY!)

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
Grayfigure
Grayfigure's picture
My Hope for Pax West 2018 (HOPE ONLY!)

Without placing any pressure on the team, or expecting/demanding/praying/dreading/needing any information on the positive or the negative side of my next statement..........

Who else is hoping for another Presentation at Pax West this year?

(Understanding that these guys are in the steamrolling stage and may not have time for it this year - Completely understandable if so!)

On the edge of your Perceptions......
Turn away and feel his hand upon your shoulder.....
Look for him and he shall not exist.....
in the middle of the crowd....lost in the faces....
Stands a Figure....of Gray......

Steamtank
Steamtank's picture
kickstarter
Wouldn't hurt to have

Wouldn't hurt to have something to show so it wasn't in a talk of Vaporware.

Supporting how I can, Starting up a DA group for art, stories, and concepts to be collected
http://city-of-titans.deviantart.com/
Please join up if you plan to make or collect CoT related art.

doctor tyche
doctor tyche's picture
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
We already were turned down

We already were turned down for a PAX panel this year.

Technical Director

Read enough Facebook and you have to make Sanity Checks. I guess FB is the Great Old One of the interent these days... - Beamrider

Safehouse
Safehouse's picture
kickstarter
Doctor Tyche wrote:
Doctor Tyche wrote:

We already were turned down for a PAX panel this year.

Aww that’s a bummer to hear. I would have loved to have seen the MWM team at PAX. Hopefully future years they won’t turn you down. Was it because of the technical difficulties from last year?

Name: Safehouse
Ranger: Gunner
Primary: Force Blast
Secondary: Atrophic Aura
Tertiary: Kinetic Melee
Travel Power: Parkour
Status: Traveling. Following rumors of a huge city in Massachusetts that is teeming with supers.

Cinnder
Cinnder's picture
Gunterkickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Yeah, I'm curious what sort

Yeah, I'm curious what sort of reasons such an event might give for turning down a game developer.

Spurn all ye kindle.

Darth Fez
Darth Fez's picture
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
My guess is the usual

My guess is the usual suspects: space and marketing. They probably wanted to give the space to someone who they anticipate will have a larger draw.

- - - - -
[font=Pristina][size=18][b]Hail Beard![/b][/size][/font]

Support [url=http://cityoftitans.com/comment/52149#comment-52149]trap clowns[/url] for CoT!

Steamtank
Steamtank's picture
kickstarter
go viral... set up OUTSIDE

go viral... set up OUTSIDE pax...... like before the main entrance on public space >_>

go all tana con, but without the major dumpster fire or trying to ruin PAX. just be there, with stuff playing on a few monitors on a table and if you have a character creator alpha program that going on a computer.

Supporting how I can, Starting up a DA group for art, stories, and concepts to be collected
http://city-of-titans.deviantart.com/
Please join up if you plan to make or collect CoT related art.

Grayfigure
Grayfigure's picture
ah damn. Im sorry to hear

ah damn. Im sorry to hear that. While I'd like to know why they turned you guys down too, I don't wanna dredge up any bad feelings. Feel free to disregard this post, everyone!

On the edge of your Perceptions......
Turn away and feel his hand upon your shoulder.....
Look for him and he shall not exist.....
in the middle of the crowd....lost in the faces....
Stands a Figure....of Gray......

Terwyn
Terwyn's picture
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Since we were turned down, we

Since we were turned down, we've decided to take the opportunity to spend a year preparing one for 2019.

It is only when we stand up, with all our failings and sufferings, and try to support others rather than withdraw into ourselves, that we can fully live the life of community.

[color=#ff0000]Business Director[/color]

Cinnder
Cinnder's picture
Gunterkickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Sounds like an excellent plan

Sounds like an excellent plan.

Spurn all ye kindle.

Javacado
Javacado's picture
Guess we could take this as

Guess we could take this as some sort of 'loose' confirmation that something in regards to CoT -should- be ready by the time of next year's PAX West?

"If I am to die in battle, Remember me for who I was and not what I've become..."

Darth Fez
Darth Fez's picture
The beta is still scheduled

The beta is still scheduled for this fall. There's a lot to be said for going to conventions when the game is live.

- - - - -
[font=Pristina][size=18][b]Hail Beard![/b][/size][/font]

Support [url=http://cityoftitans.com/comment/52149#comment-52149]trap clowns[/url] for CoT!

MeSoSollyWan
MeSoSollyWan's picture
kickstarter
Darth Fez wrote:
Darth Fez wrote:

The beta is still scheduled for this fall. There's a lot to be said for going to conventions when the game is live.

True, but that's a big presumption with such little info given. Unfortunately.

Javacado
Javacado's picture
Not only that, but the beta

Not only that, but the beta for this fall is still a rough estimate. Plus with Ship of Heroes aiming to get a beta release for their own game out in the public's hands by December, it would feel like there's some slight competition. At most I still say expect the character creator and maybe some sort of details on the Second Chance.

"If I am to die in battle, Remember me for who I was and not what I've become..."

McGarnackle
Darth Fez wrote:
Darth Fez wrote:

My understanding for the "Beta" this fall is for a beta version of the chargen. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Lothic
Lothic's picture
McGarnackle wrote:
McGarnackle wrote:
Darth Fez wrote:

My understanding for the "Beta" this fall is for a beta version of the chargen. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Some months ago there was another thread where someone suggested that we get some kind of "test room" for costumes so that we could test out various costume changes before we committed to them. At that point I mentioned that back when CoH was still around I used to do a lot of my costume designing on the Test Server so that I could try out costume changes without spending real money/tokens on them.

The reason I mention all this is that eventually Doctor Tyche joined in on that conservation and suggested that even when the CharGen is released it's going to be pretty easy to "test" costumes the way that was being talked about. When we collectively asked how that was going to work the discussion started to focus on [url=https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Paragon_Chat]Paragon Chat[/url].

In case you don't know what Paragon Chat is I'll provide a super-quick summary here: Basically imagine being able to log into CoH with a character but only be able to move around the maps and chat with other "players" in that world. You can design costumes for your character but there's no combat, no missions, no raids, just travel powers. That's basically what Paragon Chat is as it exists today.

So you may ask how does that relate to CoT at all? Well I'll tell you...

Basically I proceeded to ask Doctor Tyche directly, "So when you release the CharGen what you're really going to be giving us is the full game -without- things like combat, missions, raids enabled?" and he effectively replied, "Bingo!" to that. ;)

So in effect, if Doctor Tyche is to be believed, we're going to start off with what amounts to a CoT version of Paragon Chat. We'll be able to create a character and (hopefully) be able to explore the ACTUAL game world with travel powers. We almost certainly won't be able to enter combat or level up characters at first but those elements would presumably be "added" to the initial client release once they are ready.

Bottomline when the "beta of the CharGen" happens for CoT it's likely going to be more than -just- the CharGen. :)

CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012
[IMG=400x225]https://i.imgur.com/NHUthWM.jpeg[/IMG]

McGarnackle
Cool beans, thanks. Looking

Cool beans, thanks. Looking forward to the Chargen and the added bonus of getting to explore some of the city will be great. The PVE/PVP beta will be even better ;)

Lothic
Lothic's picture
McGarnackle wrote:
McGarnackle wrote:

Cool beans, thanks. Looking forward to the Chargen and the added bonus of getting to explore some of the city will be great. The PVE/PVP beta will be even better ;)

Well again I asked that question and Doctor Tyche responded with "Bingo" so [b]exactly[/b] what we're going to get is still not 100% certain and I'm sure is completely subject to change. For instance it's possible we'll only get to look around in one "starter zone" instead of the whole city. No telling what other limitations will still be in place (i.e. no chat) so don't take my absolute word on anything really. I'm just a messenger. ;)

Still it sounded fairly hopeful that we'd get something like a "limited Paragon Chat" with the CharGen so I guess we'll see what happens.

Dark Cleric
Dark Cleric's picture
I thought they were just

I thought they were just going to make an 'empty' Hardlocke island and, if we were going to get an open-world to run around in during just the chargen release, it would be there. As you said without the actual 'game', like enemies, combat, etc etc etc. Basically just run around and chat. I didn't think it would be the whole actual game world since they aren't even done making it yet.

Compulsively clicking the refresh button until the next update.

Atama
Atama's picture
Dark Cleric wrote:
Dark Cleric wrote:

I thought they were just going to make an 'empty' Hardlocke island and, if we were going to get an open-world to run around in during just the chargen release, it would be there. As you said without the actual 'game', like enemies, combat, etc etc etc. Basically just run around and chat. I didn't think it would be the whole actual game world since they aren't even done making it yet.

I got that impression also.

Planet10
Planet10's picture
Take it one step further.

If you are going to be able to customize the appearance, animation and emanation points you are going to have to be able to 'fire' those powers off to verify that it looks right. Plus you are going to have to be able to access all of the Primary powers, Specialization powers, Travel powers, Tertiary powers and Mastery.

You will also need target dummies (or the ability to fire powers off without an opponent) and friendlies to shield/heal/etc. You will need an area to run around, climb, fly, teleport, etc. Doctor Tyche has also mentioned previously that the CharGen will be a stripped down version of the game since there are restrictions on how the game gets released.

"Just, well, update your kickstarter email addresses, okay? Make sure they're current?" - warcabbit

Dark Cleric
Dark Cleric's picture
Planet10 wrote:
Planet10 wrote:

If you are going to be able to customize the appearance, animation and emanation points you are going to have to be able to 'fire' those powers off to verify that it looks right. Plus you are going to have to be able to access all of the Primary powers, Specialization powers, Travel powers, Tertiary powers and Mastery.

You will also need target dummies (or the ability to fire powers off without an opponent) and friendlies to shield/heal/etc. You will need an area to run around, climb, fly, teleport, etc. Doctor Tyche has also mentioned previously that the CharGen will be a stripped down version of the game since there are restrictions on how the game gets released.

From what I understand there wont be any powers associated with this first beta release of the chargen.

Compulsively clicking the refresh button until the next update.

Lothic
Lothic's picture
Dark Cleric wrote:
Dark Cleric wrote:

I was actually aware they are not done "making the world" yet and probably would not be done with that by they time they release anything. The presumption always was that by the time the CharGen was ready for release that "some percentage of the world" would be done and that we'd be able to run around in "some percentage" of it. Like I said when Doctor Tchye gave me his "Bingo" he overtly gave me no other specifics as far a which areas would be open or not.

Dark Cleric wrote:
Planet10 wrote:

From what I understand there wont be any powers associated with this first beta release of the chargen.

Clearly if "combat powers" in general are not going to be ready by the time the CharGen is first released then anything associated with them (like power color customization and/or power emanation customization) is not likely going to be fully ready either. That would not prevent us from being able to "beta test" the most basic functionalities like choosing costume items, adjusting body sliders and seeing how they look/work by being able to run around in a basic starter zone area. Remember we have to crawl before we can walk so to speak.