While driving home from work tonight, I got to thinking about the information we're already seeing about signature heroes. Specifically, there's already a musically-named Signature (Anthem) -- and by extension, how there are a number of song titles that could very easily double as a hero or villain name. I'm wondering if there'd be any interest in making both a villain and hero group using songs as a 'template' for your character.
Here are some examples from tonight's playlist:
VILLAIN GROUP: Muscle & Hate (by Nitzer Ebb)
- Blood Red Sandman (by Lordi): Probably blades ("they call me leather apron" - a reference to a butcher's apron) but the chorus also refers to elemental powers ("Once again there is pain, I bring flames, I bring cold")
- Superbeast (by Rob Zombie): claws? Super strength? All I know is it's dangerous ("the Ragged they come and the Ragged they kill")
- Incredible Machine (by Sugarland): I picture this as a steampunk battlebot (..."made of blood and lust and hope and steam").
- P***y Control (by Prince): Probably never get by the terms of service, but could be either confuse/dominate control powers, or beast mastery specializing in cats...
HERO GROUP: Brave (by Sara Bareilles)
- Strange Fire (by Indigo Girls): uhhh.. fire powers, obviously... likely with a recolor. ("I come to you with my offering, I bring you Strange Fire")
- Runaway Train (by Kasey Chambers): I'm thinking this name sounds like a speedster/tank.. but there's room for elemental powers as well ("..You make the thunder, I'll make the rain")
- Winterborn (by the Cruxshadows): Every time I hear this song, I imagine something like Warhammer 40k Space Marines, with huge bulky armor and Zero-Kelvin grenades. ("We few shall carry hope within our bloody hands")000
- Major Tom (covered by Shiny Toy Guns): Spaceman! With LASERS!
Whaddya think? If you were making a song-title-themed hero/villain, what would you come up with?
I am the Godzilla of love. Where I have passed, nothing remains but smoldering rubble and traumatized Japanese people.