Announcements

Join the ongoing conversation on Discord: https://discord.gg/w6Tpkp2

Please read the current update for instructions on downloading the latest update. Players with Mac versions of the game will not be affected, but you will have a slightly longer wait for your version of the new maps. Please make a copy of your character folder before running the new update, just to make sure you don't lose any of your custom work.

It looks like we can give everyone a list of minimum specs for running City of Titans. Please keep in mind that this is 'for now' until we are able to add more graphics and other system refinements. Currently you will need :
Windows 10 or later required; no Intel integrated graphics like UHD, must have AMD or NVIDIA card or discrete chipset with 4Gb or more of VRAM
At least 16GB of main DRAM.
These stats may change as we continue to test.

To purchase your copy of the City of Titans Launcher, visit our store at https://store.missingworldsmedia.com/ A purchase of $50 or more will give you a link to download the Launcher for Windows or Mac based machines.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/03/city-of-heroes-license-could-be-resurrected

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
hottheadliberty
hottheadliberty's picture
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/03/city-of-heroes-license-could-be-resurrected

Opinions on this news?

what impact will this have on the current plans for CoT?

whats the soonest we can expect to finally return "Home"?

doctor tyche
doctor tyche's picture
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Speaking as MWM's President:

Does not change a thing for CoT. Missing Worlds Media wishes the group luck, and if they are successful we will be discussing any licensing options at that point.

Speaking as myself:
TFHM is still a long way from having this wrapped up. But, when things move, expect them to move fast, either positively, or not.

Technical Director

Read enough Facebook and you have to make Sanity Checks. I guess FB is the Great Old One of the interent these days... - Beamrider

AmbiDreamer
Developerkickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Doctor Tyche wrote:
Doctor Tyche wrote:

Does not change a thing for CoT. Missing Worlds Media wishes the group luck, and if they are successful we will be discussing any licensing options at that point.

I do see a couple things you can take away from this in terms of MWM. Another bit of competition, as mentioned elsewhere, can bring out the best in the spiritual successors. It also can't hurt that when City of Heroes gets press coverage, your involvement pretty much ensures that City of Titans is going to be mentioned in some fashion.

Unless I am mistaken on one or both of those points. Which is possible.

Longtime City of Heroes player, longtime writer. :) Working in Nebraska.
COT: Mission tips writer, studying Cinema 4D animation program

Capt Odee
Capt Odee's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
Doctor Tyche wrote:
Doctor Tyche wrote:

Speaking as myself:
TFHM is still a long way from having this wrapped up. But, when things move, expect them to move fast, either positively, or not.

Thanks for the insight, and efforts in keeping the flavor of CoH alive!

IGN News: "Nate Downes, president of Missing Worlds Media, revealed that he is deep into discussions with NCSoft about the possibility of reviving the game's intellectual property (IP) which would enable the final version of the game before it was shutdown to be resurrected, albeit without saved character data.

While far from a done deal, if this comes off it could speed up the creation of replacement MMOs for City of Heroes, along with opening the possibility for characters to one day be revived via transition servers. Ultimately, it'd mean rather than being "spiritual successors", any follow-up would be a true "successor" in every sense of the word."

Here's hoping for a fruitful deal, with prosperous years ahead for MWM.

Capt Odee, saving the city one click at a time.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Solari
Solari's picture
Sorry to necro this, but I

Sorry to necro this, but I was wondering whether negotiations are still ongoing? I understand that details would probably not be forthcoming but a simple "yes" or "no, it's dead in the water" would satisfy my curiosity. :)

Human Flea / Union / Sci SR/Claws Scrapper
H3-AL / Union / Sci Emp/Psi Defender

Potato-Girl
Potato-Girl's picture
kickstarter
Without the saved played

Without the saved played character data, I would have much less interest in playing the game. I'd rather start over from scratch in a new world, preferably one that corrected some of the COH game flaws.

doctor tyche
doctor tyche's picture
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Solari wrote:
Solari wrote:

Sorry to necro this, but I was wondering whether negotiations are still ongoing? I understand that details would probably not be forthcoming but a simple "yes" or "no, it's dead in the water" would satisfy my curiosity. :)

I would like to know too. Remember, I only served to provide introductions.

Technical Director

Read enough Facebook and you have to make Sanity Checks. I guess FB is the Great Old One of the interent these days... - Beamrider

Grimfox
Grimfox's picture
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
My feeling is this is dead.

My feeling is this is dead. There have been no developments in over two years. I don't feel that NCsoft is the type of company to let go of IP even if they could sell it or license it for recurring income. Part of their reason for killing it in the first place was that it was not making enough money for them. I don't see them licensing the IP where they would make even less money if a live game wasn't making enough. They might not do it on the simple grounds that it isn't within their business model. They run games (games that must be wildly successful overseas and mildly successful at home) they don't manage IP or licensing. I'd love to have COH or COH2 but so long as NCsoft holds the IP I don't see that happening. My understanding is there is a little corporate embarrassment related to the shutdown and talks as well. Something akin to having a disgraced son. Koreans don't care to bring up those sorts of things again. So until the rights expire, if they ever do, I think that is the end of COH.

Second Chance: https://store.missingworldsmedia.com/CityOfTitans/SecondChance/
Dev Tracker: http://cityoftitans.com/forum/fixing-dev-digest
Dev Comments: https://cityoftitans.com/forum/dev-comments

Safehouse
Safehouse's picture
kickstarter
Grimfox wrote:
Grimfox wrote:

My feeling is this is dead. There have been no developments in over two years. I don't feel that NCsoft is the type of company to let go of IP even if they could sell it or license it for recurring income. Part of their reason for killing it in the first place was that it was not making enough money for them. I don't see them licensing the IP where they would make even less money if a live game wasn't making enough. They might not do it on the simple grounds that it isn't within their business model. They run games (games that must be wildly successful overseas and mildly successful at home) they don't manage IP or licensing. I'd love to have COH or COH2 but so long as NCsoft holds the IP I don't see that happening. My understanding is there is a little corporate embarrassment related to the shutdown and talks as well. Something akin to having a disgraced son. Koreans don't care to bring up those sorts of things again. So until the rights expire, if they ever do, I think that is the end of COH.

As much as I would love to disagree with you, it pains me to admit that I'm of the same mind. The lack of information has told me that this is more likely than not to be defunct at this point. That's not me whining about the lack of info or trying to demand more; it's simply the deduction I've drawn from the current status (or lack thereof) of things.

At this point I've accepted this, and am trying my best to move on. We always knew it was a long shot.

Now, if we find out that it did keep up, and our beloved game is coming back, I will be in there on day one! I am desperate to play.

But until something like that happens, I'm content to be in Paragon Chat with the wonderful community there, and obsessively track status on City of Titans and offer support and help where I can here.

Name: Safehouse
Ranger: Gunner
Primary: Force Blast
Secondary: Atrophic Aura
Tertiary: Kinetic Melee
Travel Power: Parkour
Status: Traveling. Following rumors of a huge city in Massachusetts that is teeming with supers.