Ok, not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I do have a few problems with the current forums
1) The lack of user definable pages for threads/topics
Yes, I know that once a thread hits 91 posts, it will then do a new page, but that is an *exceedingly* large number of posts to read. Most (if not all) other forums give the option for the user to choose how many posts per page (for example, 10/20/30/40/50 posts per page). Here, I don't have that option.
The option for "number of topics per page" is less of a problem, and I feel that the 25 topics per page is about right (although, I feel that some people might want to be able to tweak that setting, if it was possible)
2) The lack of "red name" identification
This is a problem, because the only identification that there is on the forums for the developers is the signature block. Anyone can make themselves look like a developer. I have brought this up previously.
3) This is probably a layout oversight / personal preference, but I find it offputting have the *username* of a post on the left of the page, and then their avatar on the *right* of the page. This is a break from the norm for 99% of all forum software that I am aware of, and for me at least, offputting.
Those are the problems that I have so far with the forum software that is currently being used. There are other board software choices out there (free as well), that dont have this problem (SMF forums for example, have pretty much *all* of the above fixed, or included as *standard*)
((And if you want to do "closed beta boards" like City of Heroes did, I know that SMF forums have the option to assign people to groups, and so as a result, can make certain sections of the forums viewable/invisible according to the user group you are in... just using that as an example)).
4) There are too many sections already up for the forum, and I am sure that right now, these forums are going to hit problems when it goes live. I believe that Drupal forums do *not* easily allow integration with a "payment paid" to restrict users into users posting rights (ie assign them to certain groups according to "payment paid" status). I know that other forums can allow this more easily though.
5) Lack of a "read all" option on the forums.
6) Icons not rendering properly for "Quote"/"Reply"/"Delete": It seems hit and miss if the icon will appear. Sometimes they are there, othertimes they arent, and the text replacement gets partially mixed up with the other words/partially obscured by the icons that DO appear. Not sure what is happening with the rendering here.
1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.