Announcements

Join the ongoing conversation on Discord: https://discord.gg/w6Tpkp2

Please read the current update for instructions on downloading the latest update. Players with Mac versions of the game will not be affected, but you will have a slightly longer wait for your version of the new maps. Please make a copy of your character folder before running the new update, just to make sure you don't lose any of your custom work.

It looks like we can give everyone a list of minimum specs for running City of Titans. Please keep in mind that this is 'for now' until we are able to add more graphics and other system refinements. Currently you will need :
Windows 10 or later required; no Intel integrated graphics like UHD, must have AMD or NVIDIA card or discrete chipset with 4Gb or more of VRAM
At least 16GB of main DRAM.
These stats may change as we continue to test.

To purchase your copy of the City of Titans Launcher, visit our store at https://store.missingworldsmedia.com/ A purchase of $50 or more will give you a link to download the Launcher for Windows or Mac based machines.

Discuss: July 2020 patch Update

29 posts / 0 new
Last post
JWBullfrog
JWBullfrog's picture
Developerkickstarter
Discuss: July 2020 patch Update

read the original post here: https://cityoftitans.com/content/july-2020-patch-and-game-function-update

As always, comments are welcome below.

All Purpose Frog

Wait until you see the... nope, that would ruin the surprise.

Cobalt Azurean
Cobalt Azurean's picture
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Good stuff, keep it coming.

Good stuff, keep it coming.

Fallout1
Fallout1's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
Looks great. The bringing

Looks great. The bringing back of City of Heroes has made me more patient but can't wait to see this game.

angelo.pampalone
angelo.pampalone's picture
Way to go! Can't wait for the

Way to go! Can't wait for the game's patch!

CoH Union Server
Main: Grattolomeo (in pic), Hekathonkire

Cooltastic
Cooltastic's picture
Fantastic update guys! The

Fantastic update guys! The tech stuff all sounds great, but just wanted to point out just how good that city looks! Great work on the map so far. I loved Steel Canyon in CoH and Downtown in CO because of all the tall buildings. Flying around skyscrapers is the best. Can't wait.

Foradain
Foradain's picture
So, where are these areas

So, where are these areas that we're looking at? Downtown seems fairly obvious, even without the sign saying "Downtown", but the others?

The costume images look good too. I noticed a few items that are listed as (male) or (female). I hope that making the complementary (female) and (male) items will be a priority after launch (if not before).

Foradain, Mage of Phoenix Rising.
Foradain's Character Conclave
Avatar courtesy of Satellite9 Irezoomie

Red Warlock
Red Warlock's picture
Developerkickstarter
Along with Downtown these

Along with Downtown these pictures show the Old Bradford Neighborhood. Old Bradford is made up of several smaller neighborhoods, including Scholarton, New Bradford, Firetown, Byrne Park and the Theater District.

The picture of Downtown is taken right behind the Hanging Gardens in Alexandria on the road heading into Downtown.

The first picture that shows the broadest expanse of neighborhoods is taken from the corner of New Bradford and shows many of the quirky modern buildings and sky bridges in New Bradford.

Scholarton and Byrne Park are shown in the last picture with Black Star Tower and the Hippocrene Towers at the front of the picture (with the park and a bunch of Victorian looking buildings around it, and you can also see Madame Meagar's Macabre Museum mogul in that pic).

We will be doing an update soon that gets close ups and details on the work happening in Old Bradford and Downtown.

Environmental Artist, PR Editor

warcabbit
warcabbit's picture
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Largely, Foradain, yes. Most

Largely, Foradain, yes. Most of the spandexes are there to fill holes - there's already a male version of them. Tongue Lasher is a named NPC - there is no male version of her.
The armors just don't have the male version done yet.

Project Lead

Foradain
Foradain's picture
warcabbit wrote:
warcabbit wrote:

Largely, Foradain, yes. Most of the spandexes are there to fill holes - there's already a male version of them. Tongue Lasher is a named NPC - there is no male version of her.
The armors just don't have the male version done yet.

Hooray! Although if Magical Executive Transvestite Féerique likes the way Tongue Lasher looks, he'll want to make a costume that is as close as possible, to wear while thwarting her if on no other occasion. And he will look fabulous!

Atama
Atama's picture
I have to say, not to look

I have to say, not to look like a suck-up, but that's one of the best cities I've ever seen in a video game. Every game I have ever played, online or otherwise, recycles building appearances too much. They always look generic. This looks like every building was built with care, as if each building served a purposes and wasn't just built as "building goes here". But that's not how buildings are built in real life; you don't build something without having a reason for it. They aren't all built at the same time, by the same crew, the same way, out of the same materials, for the same purpose. This feels more "real". And it's so inviting... Those buildings just "stretch" into the skyline in a way that I can't properly articulate.

Out of everything I've seen in updates, I haven't seen anything that looks as good as this. Not to say everything else is awful; the powers, the costumes, those things look really good and I'm excited for them. But not in the way that I look forward to the city itself. It makes me wish I had enough cash in the beginning to go Mogul. Oh well... :)

I think it's very appropriate that for a game like City of Titans, that the most important character of all, the city itself, shines more than everything else. Well done people.

Dark Cleric
Dark Cleric's picture
I agree to an extent...the

I agree to an extent...the banner picture of the update is so pixelated it looks like a city built in Minecraft. I'm not making fun of the picture, it's in low res and they probably haven't applied all the surface material stuff, shaders,etc etc etc. But it really does give a phenomenal peak into what the world looks like at last. I can definitely see this looking 10x better than CoH and I really do love the layout they have. The city looks big enough to actually feel like a city when you are running/flying/jumping through it. That's an update I look forward to. And I agree as well on the point of the buildings all being unique and not being a bunch of the same building copy/pasted/rotated/inverted/etc... the variation is stellar.

Compulsively clicking the refresh button until the next update.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry's picture
I have to also agree with

I have to also agree with Atama on how interesting the downtown section is. That futuristic section looks more like an amusement park than a city or even an industrial park, though. Then I realized that there are no ground details there or anywhere else; and those would make all the difference. By ground details, I'm talking about security fences, parking spaces, dumpsters, public art and all the other little details that turn a collection of buildings into a living city.

I like to take your ideas and supersize them. This isn't criticism, it is flattery. I come with nothing but good will and a spirit of team-building. If you take what I write any other way, that is probably just because I wasn't very clear.
Red Warlock
Red Warlock's picture
Developerkickstarter
Huckleberry wrote:
Huckleberry wrote:

I have to also agree with Atama on how interesting the downtown section is. That futuristic section looks more like an amusement park than a city or even an industrial park, though. Then I realized that there are no ground details there or anywhere else; and those would make all the difference. By ground details, I'm talking about security fences, parking spaces, dumpsters, public art and all the other little details that turn a collection of buildings into a living city.

Atama and Cleric, I am so glad you are seeing what we are trying to accomplish. Each building is being designed with care and intention and the breadth of the City is going to be spectacular. We are trying to make Titan City into a space where every corner means something and isn't just repurposed material. And Huckleberry, you are correct. Part of the reason that we are sharing just big overview shots right now is because I haven't even put street lights, bus stops, differentiated ground materials, statues, pocket parks, and other things that will give it much more realism. Trust me, they are coming. And because we have already done many of those features in Alexandria, bus stops, street lights, and other standardized features will be implemented quickly, and I can focus on building specialized things like unique pocket parks and statues. I just haven't gotten to them yet...

Very happy you all are enjoying the look of the city so far - we think this is just the beginning of many great things to come.

warcabbit
warcabbit's picture
We have a bus, by the way. It

We have a bus, by the way. It doesn't roll yet, but it _does_ exist.

Project Lead

Huckleberry
Huckleberry's picture
warcabbit wrote:
warcabbit wrote:

Not sure if this is the best or even appropriate thing to be happy about...

but knowing you, there's another layer to what you just said. So I think it would not be too much of a leap to think that you are alluding to a means of fast travel to get characters from one section of the city to another. Am I correct? Is this an unofficial official sneak reveal?

I like to take your ideas and supersize them. This isn't criticism, it is flattery. I come with nothing but good will and a spirit of team-building. If you take what I write any other way, that is probably just because I wasn't very clear.
Red Warlock
Red Warlock's picture
Developerkickstarter
By the way, about that

By the way, about that 'amusement park' feeling of New Bradford, that part of the city is on the edge of an abandoned amusement park we will be building called Victory Beach. The style is partly impacted by being close to an amusement park and beach boardwalk, but also because it has some of the newer architecture in town and it's trying to compete in its own way with Downtown. It can't compete with the scale or elegant stature of Downtown, so it has a lot of very futuristic architecture to compete in its own way.

I think of it like the place where a lot of super groups will want to have their home bases and have odd, heroic or villain architecture that would be fitting for many of the odd characters that people want to create. Not every part of town will look like other cities you would find in the US today. Some places like Downtown might remind people of New York. But some places may look a little more like futuristic comic book versions of a city, because characters with super powers would be building bases and architecture like that somewhere in the city...

warcabbit
warcabbit's picture
Huckleberry wrote:
Huckleberry wrote:
warcabbit wrote:

but knowing you, there's another layer to what you just said. So I think it would not be too much of a leap to think that you are alluding to a means of fast travel to get characters from one section of the city to another. Am I correct? Is this an unofficial official sneak reveal?

No, though that _is_ a future plan for people who don't want to have superpowers. There's also a plan so you can just sit on top of the bus and ride around the city and watch things.

The reference was more 'City of Heroes had a lot of bus stops... and zero busses.' It was an old joke, like the Big Red Ball.

Project Lead

Huckleberry
Huckleberry's picture
warcabbit wrote:
warcabbit wrote:

The reference was more 'City of Heroes had a lot of bus stops... and zero busses.' It was an old joke, like the Big Red Ball.

Doh! of course. I had completely forgotten about that. I knew you had an angle!

warcabbit
warcabbit's picture
(and he doesn't wonder why I

(and he doesn't wonder why I mentioned the Big Red Ball.)

Project Lead

avelworldcreator
avelworldcreator's picture
Yeah, I noticed the

Yeah, I noticed the pixelation myself. I only just looked at the update for the first time since it was posted and I was compelled to scratch my head of that. But given how harsh a critic you've been your compliments are very welcome and a good sign how we've been progressing. Thanks muchly for that this.

Stay safe,
Richard.

-----------

Senior Developer/Project Manager/Co-Founder... and then some.

avelworldcreator
avelworldcreator's picture
warcabbit wrote:
warcabbit wrote:

(and he doesn't wonder why I mentioned the Big Red Ball.)

Heck! You got me wondering about the Big Red Ball!

-----------

Senior Developer/Project Manager/Co-Founder... and then some.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry's picture
Cybin Monde wrote:

Fireheart
Fireheart's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
There was a whole thread

There was a whole thread about it, somewhere around here.

Be Well!
Fireheart

Hope
It does look pretty indeed. I

It does look pretty indeed. I finally was able to afford Second Chance which makes me happy.

I'm only sorry I couldn't donate at Kickstart and get my own building. Oh well...perhaps one day. 😉

Hi. I'm Hope.

TitansCity
TitansCity's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
warcabbit wrote:
warcabbit wrote:
Huckleberry wrote:
warcabbit wrote:

No, though that _is_ a future plan for people who don't want to have superpowers. There's also a plan so you can just sit on top of the bus and ride around the city and watch things.

Sh.t ! I hoped it woud have been used for a gravity power set :s

Suivez l'avancement du jeu City of Titans en Français sur https://titanscity.com
http://forum.titanscity.com | www.facebook.com/titanscity | http://twitter.com/TitansCity
PR - Europe
Foradain
Foradain's picture
For those who have heard it

For those who have heard it might be a good idea to make a backup of their costume files before patching, I find mine at C:\Games\Missing Worlds Media\City Of Titans\PlayerCharacters

Not that I've seen anything on the Discord that might make me think patching is in order. ;)

JWBullfrog
JWBullfrog's picture
Developerkickstarter
And, to be official. The new

And, to be official. The new patch is live. If you already have the loader, just click 'patch' and it will do the rest. Character files seem to be transferring just fine so my advice about saving old files doesn't seem to be needed but, hey, a little cautionh never hurt. One final note, if the download stalls, click 'cancel' to close and restart. It will pick up where it left off and should finish with no more trouble.

All Purpose Frog

Wait until you see the... nope, that would ruin the surprise.

Lothic
Lothic's picture
Figures MWM managed to

Figures MWM managed to release a new patch while I'm overseas again and can't play with it yet. We just pulled into port today (after about a month at sea) and we'll probably only have decent commercial Internet access for a few hours at this point. At least it'll be another thing I get to look forward to when I get home.

Always good to see progress being made on the game regardless. Keep up the good work and have fun with it you lucky bastards. ;)

CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

Tranquil Flower
Great to see the new update

Great to see the new update (well, several new updates for me, I haven't been around since December) and that progress has been possible despite all the difficulties of lockdown.

Keep up the good work!