Announcements

Join the ongoing conversation on Discord: https://discord.gg/w6Tpkp2

Please read the current update for instructions on downloading the latest update. Players with Mac versions of the game will not be affected, but you will have a slightly longer wait for your version of the new maps. Please make a copy of your character folder before running the new update, just to make sure you don't lose any of your custom work.

It looks like we can give everyone a list of minimum specs for running City of Titans. Please keep in mind that this is 'for now' until we are able to add more graphics and other system refinements. Currently you will need :
Windows 10 or later required; no Intel integrated graphics like UHD, must have AMD or NVIDIA card or discrete chipset with 4Gb or more of VRAM
At least 16GB of main DRAM.
These stats may change as we continue to test.

To purchase your copy of the City of Titans Launcher, visit our store at https://store.missingworldsmedia.com/ A purchase of $50 or more will give you a link to download the Launcher for Windows or Mac based machines.

Discuss: Happy Holidays 2019

55 posts / 0 new
Last post
JWBullfrog
JWBullfrog's picture
Developerkickstarter
Discuss: Happy Holidays 2019

All Purpose Frog

Wait until you see the... nope, that would ruin the surprise.

Foradain
Foradain's picture
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Hurray!

Hurray!

Will the patch include the Dynamic Duo code generation?

Foradain, Mage of Phoenix Rising.
Foradain's Character Conclave
Avatar courtesy of Satellite9 Irezoomie

warcabbit
warcabbit's picture
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Dynamic Duo is not yet ready

Dynamic Duo is not yet ready - our webdev is working on two other projects right now, the codegen is slated for when those complete.
We've got a trademark review going on and that's been requiring a lot of tiny website updates, and I believe we've said we're working on add-ons so we can deliver on some of our other promises.
After that.
That being said, Dynamic Duo doesn't need a game update to function, it's a website thing.

Project Lead

Anjay
Anjay's picture
kickstarter
Sweet! Very looking forward

Sweet! Very looking forward to it

Cooltastic
Cooltastic's picture
Can't wait to fiddle around

Can't wait to fiddle around with the new stuff! Thanks for giving me something to do on the few days off I'll actually get. ;P

Grimfox
Grimfox's picture
Whoo!

Whoo!

Hatut Zeraze
Hatut Zeraze's picture
Oh man! I haven't checked in

Oh man! I haven't checked in for a while. This is exciting news. I didn't know we were this close to running missions, even if it is a simple holiday puzzle, or whatever it is. I will absolutely be participating in this.

Cinnder
Cinnder's picture
Gunterkickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Interesting!

Interesting!

If we're going to continue to have stuff to do in the mini-zone over the course of development, can we please get a key config interface sooner rather than later so we aren't stuck with the default movement keys please?

Spurn all ye kindle.

DesViper
DesViper's picture
Also, as a precaution, we

Also, as a precaution, we recommend backing up your characters in "[folder]\City of Titans\PlayerCharacters\Toons" before patching tomorrow!

PR, Forum Moderator
My Non-Canon Backstories
Grimfox
Grimfox's picture
Will it be sufficient to copy

Will it be sufficient to create a copy of that folder and rename it in the /playercharacter directory, or should it be removed from the games directory entirely?

edit: clarity/engrish

DesViper
DesViper's picture
I'd err on the side of

I'd err on the side of backing it up to My Documents or something, but I asked tech team for a response.

PR, Forum Moderator
My Non-Canon Backstories
TitansCity
TitansCity's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
Hatut Zeraze wrote:
Hatut Zeraze wrote:

Oh man! I haven't checked in for a while. This is exciting news. I didn't know we were this close to running missions, even if it is a simple holiday puzzle, or whatever it is. I will absolutely be participating in this.

I think we'll have this old mission :) So, don't expect to much things since it's probably mostly to help "feedbacking" the mission mecanics. The UI, i think, is not finalize yet. (but it would be a neat surprise to see the finalized UI ^^)

Suivez l'avancement du jeu City of Titans en Français sur https://titanscity.com
http://forum.titanscity.com | www.facebook.com/titanscity | http://twitter.com/TitansCity
PR - Europe
warcabbit
warcabbit's picture
It's a descendant of that

It's a descendant of that mission
Okay, it looks like we're not going to make the monday deadline.
I could put a version up that forced you all to download the whole game again, but I've spent the entire weekend trying to get the patching tool to spit out the differential patches for the game so you don't have to. It's working but very slow.

Project Lead

TitansCity
TitansCity's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
I think everyone will be

I think everyone will be grateful to not have to downlod the entire game and engine again ^^ personally i don't mind waiting 1 week more :)

Suivez l'avancement du jeu City of Titans en Français sur https://titanscity.com
http://forum.titanscity.com | www.facebook.com/titanscity | http://twitter.com/TitansCity
PR - Europe
Kazander
Kazander's picture
I agree, I can wait for

I agree, I can wait for testing the incremental patching rather than do the whole thing again.

ElegantHope
ElegantHope's picture
Personally, I wouldn't mind

Personally, I wouldn't mind re-downloading the game again too much if it meant I'd get to enjoy the patch early/on the currently announced ETA. I've been looking forward to getting all of those extra female options.

Grimfox
Grimfox's picture
Problem is bandwidth. Smaller

Problem is bandwidth. Smaller patches allow everyone to get the patch faster. There will be fewer overlapping individuals if each person only needs to download 1G vs the number overlapping if there is 16G to down load. Overall speeds will be faster. Still it wouldn't be a bad idea if we collectively agree to volunteer to not download immediately.

jsd3ct
jsd3ct's picture
kickstarter
i don't mind re-downloading

i don't mind re-downloading it.

Redlynne
Redlynne's picture
Grimfox wrote:
Grimfox wrote:

Still it wouldn't be a bad idea if we collectively agree to volunteer to not download immediately.

Never Play On Patch Day.

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.
Fireheart
Fireheart's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
Never Try to play on Patch

Never Try to play on Patch Day. Patch Day is for going outside to look at the sky. Patch Day is the day I catch up on reading.

Be Well!
Fireheart

warcabbit
warcabbit's picture
Update, if you haven't heard:

Update, if you haven't heard: The 'full redownload' version would work for clean installs, but break everyone who already had downloaded. I've been working on the situation since Friday - it's taking a long time because, honestly, every time I pull the trigger it takes eight to ten hours. Got four computers trying to pull this off. It's coming.
The reason it's taking so long is because we've tested the differential patch making tool - it works - but we keep running out of RAM at various stages for different reasons. It's not about how much you have, it's about how much contiguous space you have.

Hoping for an answer for you guys really soon.

Project Lead

Basillica
warcabbit wrote:
warcabbit wrote:

Update, if you haven't heard: The 'full redownload' version would work for clean installs, but break everyone who already had downloaded. I've been working on the situation since Friday - it's taking a long time because, honestly, every time I pull the trigger it takes eight to ten hours. Got four computers trying to pull this off. It's coming.
The reason it's taking so long is because we've tested the differential patch making tool - it works - but we keep running out of RAM at various stages for different reasons. It's not about how much you have, it's about how much contiguous space you have.

Get it right the first time. This post though, should also go up on your social media platforms as well......easier to see the updates there rather than digging in the forums.

"It's a common conceit in games: play, die, reload, and ride the karmic wheel of kick-ass, until you get it right"

Dark Cleric
Dark Cleric's picture
Basillica wrote:
Basillica wrote:

Get it right the first time. This post though, should also go up on your social media platforms as well......easier to see the updates there rather than digging in the forums.

Ok calm down. It's better to run into this kind of thing now than at Issue #1. They've never done this. The more issues they run into now is that many fewer later when it really matters.

Compulsively clicking the refresh button until the next update.

Cinnder
Cinnder's picture
warcabbit wrote:
warcabbit wrote:

Oh man, I can imagine what it must be like. Having to wait that long to find out if the last fix you tried actually worked. Ugh.

I'm thinking at some point you should be willing to suspend your efforts and enjoy your holidays. The world won't end if we have to wait till Jan for this.

Spurn all ye kindle.

warcabbit
warcabbit's picture
We're close. We solved the

We're close. We solved the memory issues, and am now resolving a bignum issue - looks like 32 bit stuff in the code rather than 64. Thank goodness for open source - we're in communication with the original coder and have found bugs in _their_ code.
And we don't stop till the job's done.

Project Lead

Redlynne
Redlynne's picture
warcabbit wrote:
warcabbit wrote:

now resolving a bignum issue - looks like 32 bit stuff in the code rather than 64. Thank goodness for open source - we're in communication with the original coder and have found bugs in _their_ code.

Joyful joyful we abhor thee ...

Basillica
Dark Cleric wrote:
Dark Cleric wrote:
Basillica wrote:

Ok calm down. It's better to run into this kind of thing now than at Issue #1. They've never done this. The more issues they run into now is that many fewer later when it really matters.

Calm down?.....saying take your time and get it right the first time?

"It's a common conceit in games: play, die, reload, and ride the karmic wheel of kick-ass, until you get it right"

Grimfox
Grimfox's picture
Basilica please don't

Basilica please don't escalate. It's clear he misread the tone of your post. He read the sentence line as a directive. Which is not how you meant it.

I think they should put some "Alpha" branding on the patcher. So, it's clear to everyone that we're deep in the making sausage side of development. No where near the "try this pizza and let us know how it tastes," beta side. Also dropping in "alpha" near the version number in the CC wouldn't be a bad idea either.

kalshaneo
as dramatic as it may sound,

as dramatic as it may sound, i am getting to the point that i will ask for a refund if the discord stuff is not posted here. i complained over there that it sucks that i have to go there to see what is happening. there have been several posts about this there and this has not been updates for flippin days. i do not have an account there. i do not want an account there. because i do not have them white listed (and never will) i have to go through step after flippin step since their scripts load one at a flippin time. i am not doing it again.

warlocc
warlocc's picture
Developerkickstarter
kalshaneo wrote:
kalshaneo wrote:

as dramatic as it may sound, i am getting to the point that i will ask for a refund if the discord stuff is not posted here. i complained over there that it sucks that i have to go there to see what is happening. there have been several posts about this there and this has not been updates for flippin days. i do not have an account there. i do not want an account there. because i do not have them white listed (and never will) i have to go through step after flippin step since their scripts load one at a flippin time. i am not doing it again.

Regarding Discord, all you're missing out on is casual conversation between players and a select number of devs. Official announcements still get posted everywhere that we can. Warcabbit saying "I'm still having trouble" isn't worth updating our website.

It does provide an excellent avenue for real time troubleshooting, but we still reply to email support requests as well. If you're having an issue, you can use our contact form or email

and we will reply.

PR Team, Forum Moderator, Live Response Team

ragingbull
kickstarter
happy hols to all!, so i see

happy hols to all!, so i see there is not yet an update because of problems?or maybe i misunderstand?

looking forward to it when i can get.also when can stomp bad guys..

Basillica
ragingbull wrote:
ragingbull wrote:

happy hols to all!, so i see there is not yet an update because of problems?or maybe i misunderstand?

looking forward to it when i can get.also when can stomp bad guys..

The quick and easy. They cant update because its sending the whole game instead of just the "update" part.
Then it devolved into whether or not im a jerk.... (personally Im Team Jerk)

Then it devolved into where to get information updates easiest......

Then you said

ragingbull wrote:

happy hols to all!

and reset us all to a much nicer place........ well done sir/ma'am

Cinnder
Cinnder's picture
warlocc wrote:
warlocc wrote:

If you're having an issue, you can use our contact form or email

and we will reply.

Wait, I thought we were supposed to hold off till we get a notice here on the website that the problems are fixed.

Spurn all ye kindle.

warcabbit
warcabbit's picture
If you're curious, the

If you're curious, the current status is 'I have found the exact problem that stops the patcher from working when we send the whole package, and I think it's the same problem when we send the partial package, I'm testing that now.'
We have not yet found the _cause_ of the problem, but we've found the result. For some reason it's not replacing the pak files but rather duplicating them, resulting in 20 gigs of additional space usage.
Trying to narrow down why it's doing that.

Note: This is like the fifth or tenth 'THE problem' we've found, but it looks very much like it might be the last of them, we just have to find a way to kill it.

Project Lead

Foradain
Foradain's picture
warcabbit wrote:
warcabbit wrote:

Note: This is like the fifth or tenth 'THE problem' we've found, but it looks very much like it might be the last of them, we just have to find a way to kill it.

Then, having brought the croquet mallet of Urd down on the bug, you'll test again to find out if that was THE bug, or just the latest one identified... ^_^

Keep up the good work, and please remember to have Happy Holidays!

Foradain, Mage of Phoenix Rising.
Foradain's Character Conclave
Avatar courtesy of Satellite9 Irezoomie

Cinnder
Cinnder's picture
OK, I now want to see a

OK, I now want to see a mission that tells us we have to defeat a boss called The Problem, but after he's down there are several more. Maybe a random number of them.

Spurn all ye kindle.

Redlynne
Redlynne's picture
warcabbit wrote:
warcabbit wrote:

If you're curious, the current status is 'I have found the exact problem that stops the patcher from working when we send the whole package, and I think it's the same problem when we send the partial package, I'm testing that now.'
We have not yet found the _cause_ of the problem, but we've found the result. For some reason it's not replacing the pak files but rather duplicating them, resulting in 20 gigs of additional space usage.

Debugging code ... whether it's your code or somebody else's ... is neither fun nor a "sexy" job to do ... but someone needs to go down into the dank and dark with a flashlight (that might or might not work when you need it to) and SEARCH for what's actually going wrong.

Good luck Cabbit.

ivanhedgehog
kickstarter
warcabbit wrote:
warcabbit wrote:

have you made a model update system with 500k files instead of 10 gig? just curious

warcabbit
warcabbit's picture
Yes, that worked fine. The

Yes, that worked fine. The problem seems to exist in files over 1 gig in size (possibly over 3 gigs), with a _preexisting file present_ which is why I think some of the issue is a 32 vs 64 bit library.

Trying to solve this without forcing everyone to download a new launcher.

Basically everything on Discord has been me linking strange covers of boss battle music when I think I've found a new issue and fixed it, and then floppotron music when I'm running the patcher test again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P_BvrtuxAI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATFaTEYolYU

After that it started to get weird.

Project Lead

Cobalt Azurean
Cobalt Azurean's picture
warcabbit wrote:
warcabbit wrote:

we just have to find a way to kill it.

With fire, of course.

warcabbit
warcabbit's picture
So, this is what happens when

So, this is what happens when you feed Christmas Carols to a neural net. Specifically GPT-2.
https://aiweirdness.com/post/189845472982/the-ais-carol

Project Lead

kalmarkus
warcabbit wrote:
warcabbit wrote:

Yes, that worked fine. The problem seems to exist in files over 1 gig in size (possibly over 3 gigs), with a _preexisting file present_ which is why I think some of the issue is a 32 vs 64 bit library.

Trying to solve this without forcing everyone to download a new launcher.

Basically everything on Discord has been me linking strange covers of boss battle music when I think I've found a new issue and fixed it, and then floppotron music when I'm running the patcher test again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P_BvrtuxAI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATFaTEYolYU

After that it started to get weird.

no it hasn't, and saying so is an attempt to redirect. not flippin fair

JWBullfrog12/12/2019
NEW UPDATE IS LIVE!
https://cityoftitans.com/content/stocking-stuffers-happy-holidays-2019
JWBullfrog12/16/2019
ANNOUNCEMENT: The programming we were experimenting with that should have let us send just the new parts of todays update, hasn't worked as quickly or correctly as we would have liked. We'll have to figure out why. But, in the meantime, we will be uploading the entire new update to the server later today. Unfortunately this means that you'll need to download it all again. PLEASE make sure you make a copy of any character save files you wish to keep BEFORE you download the new patch. We will announce when the patch is available for download. We are sorry for the delay, but lessons learned this time will make it all go smoother in the future.
DesViperLast Thursday at 9:53 AM
Patch Notes are live!: https://cityoftitans.com/forum/our-first-patch-notes

GenDaoLast Monday at 3:39 PM
Do you have to hit patch notes to get new update or do something else ?
WarloccLast Monday at 3:48 PM
The updater is broken currently. Warcabbit has been struggling with it for days.

all on discord. nothing here. since i do not use discord i had attempted to patch and them downloaded everything again. i did not know that it was having so much trouble. after that i decided to suck it up and look and there it is. i wll be asking for my refund. i hope you guys make it further but i will not support people that attempt to dismiss me

Wolfgang8565
Wolfgang8565's picture
Developer
Nothing was posted about the

Nothing was posted about the patch itself being live just the patch notes. The update about the notes was also posted on the forums. I'm not part of the team that decides the announcements but once the patch was live im pretty sure we'd post it here like we've been posting every important update.

-----------

Graphic Designer

Cinnder
Cinnder's picture
kalmarkus wrote:
kalmarkus wrote:

all on discord. nothing here.

I'm in agreement that this website/forum should be the official place for info on the game. But given that all the salient points copied from discord are here on the forum (most of them in this very thread), I don't see what the problem is in this case.

Spurn all ye kindle.

warcabbit
warcabbit's picture
Good news is that I might

Good news is that I might have a temporary solution for all this, but the only way to do it involves breaking the game for everyone _or_ getting someone to do a quick rewrite to the patcher to allow added URLs so I can test it locally.
I'm trying to get someone to do the quick rewrite to the patcher.
It's Christmas.
People are, quite wisely, taking time with their family.

Project Lead

Fireheart
Fireheart's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
Okay, Happy Merry, See you in

Okay, Happy Merry, See you in '20!

Cinnder
Cinnder's picture
warcabbit wrote:
warcabbit wrote:

People are, quite wisely, taking time with their family.

Understandably!

Happy Holidays, MWM and fans.

Spurn all ye kindle.

dvirbl
first let me say how much i

first let me say how much i appreciate all the work been done so far and the attempts to deal with the patch but i'm a bit confused.
now let me be clear that this is this is not a complaint or anything of the sort.
i just want to know was the patch released or is it still being worked on (and by patch i also mean the delivery mechanism)?
just looking for clarification on the status of this :)

warcabbit
warcabbit's picture
It's still being worked on.

It's still being worked on. We thought it was ready, but the delivery mechanism let us down.
The game update itself was ready on December 12th.

Project Lead

TitansCity
TitansCity's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
kalshaneo wrote:
kalshaneo wrote:

It's not an official waypoint but you can follow the news on https://titanscity.com if you want. I always put officials and as much as big news i can get on several media. it could help :)

PR - Europe
Basillica
Any updates on this issue?

Any updates on this issue?

Not going on Discord for anything......

DesViper
DesViper's picture
Tech team is still tinkering

Tech team is still tinkering away at the launcher. PM Warcabbit for a full-download version if you're antsy though :)

PR, Forum Moderator
My Non-Canon Backstories
warcabbit
warcabbit's picture
Patch is up!

Patch is up!

Project Lead

Ysangard
Ysangard's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
Merry Christmas LoL

Merry Christmas LoL

JWBullfrog
JWBullfrog's picture
Developerkickstarter
Yeahhhh. took a bit but it

Yeahhhh. took a bit but it turned out good in the end.

All Purpose Frog

Wait until you see the... nope, that would ruin the surprise.