Announcements

Join the ongoing conversation on Discord: https://discord.gg/w6Tpkp2

Please read the current update for instructions on downloading the latest update. Players with Mac versions of the game will not be affected, but you will have a slightly longer wait for your version of the new maps. Please make a copy of your character folder before running the new update, just to make sure you don't lose any of your custom work.

It looks like we can give everyone a list of minimum specs for running City of Titans. Please keep in mind that this is 'for now' until we are able to add more graphics and other system refinements. Currently you will need :
Windows 10 or later required; no Intel integrated graphics like UHD, must have AMD or NVIDIA card or discrete chipset with 4Gb or more of VRAM
At least 16GB of main DRAM.
These stats may change as we continue to test.

To purchase your copy of the City of Titans Launcher, visit our store at https://store.missingworldsmedia.com/ A purchase of $50 or more will give you a link to download the Launcher for Windows or Mac based machines.

Discuss: Happy 4th Of July, 2018

219 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cyclops
Cyclops's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
Terwyn wrote:
Terwyn wrote:

*Smiles knowingly, says nothing*

Still at least one Easter Egg that hasn't been noticed.

Arrrrrrgggggg!!!!!! Now I have to watch it again! OK, so is the prison confirmed then? Now I want to see a meta prison guard. And how much are they paid?

Cyclops
Cyclops's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
1) grass and flowers blowing

1) grass and flowers blowing in the wind. love it.
2) The warning sign for the prison (?)
3) the cop car with the TCPD on it. See something? Say something.
4) the car is facing a dome-like structure. but it is out of focus
5) the Helmet of Cumulus Rex,,,its a bit rusty
6) the monument to American Star, showing his long long lifespan. There appears to be armor on his arm similar to what Anthem wears: The armor that extended his life, now passed on to Anthem.
7) Hero with shield. Not an NPC, created with the Chargen. (nice costume BTW)
8) The Phoenix statue. There is a glass structure on top so visitors can presumably ride an elevator to the top. The structure is on a platform supported by gargoyles. a giant flag sits on top.
9) MWM has mastered fireworks so we know what to expect every July. and the prisoners on one side of the facility get to see it as well.

so what did I miss?

Atama
Atama's picture
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Was that statue the original

Never mind.

Tannim222
Tannim222's picture
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Cyclops wrote:
Cyclops wrote:

6) the monument to American Star, showing his long long lifespan. There appears to be armor on his arm similar to what Anthem wears: The armor that extended his life, now passed on to Anthem.
8) The Phoenix statue. There is a glass structure on top so visitors can presumably ride an elevator to the top. The structure is on a platform supported by gargoyles. a giant flag sits on top.
9) MWM has mastered fireworks so we know what to expect every July. and the prisoners on one side of the facility get to see it as well.

so what did I miss?

You missed the thing that you didn’t notice yet. It is an easter egg.

I don't use a nerf bat, I have a magic crowbar!
- Combat Mechanic -
Tech Team.
Catherine America
Catherine America's picture
Respect

Respect

(Currently developing the Sapphire 7 Initiative)

Foradain
Foradain's picture
Very odd; I can hear the

Very odd; I can hear the music better on my Fire than on my PC. Is that new Hellwreckage music?

Foradain, Mage of Phoenix Rising.
Foradain's Character Conclave
Avatar courtesy of Satellite9 Irezoomie

Cobalt Azurean
Cobalt Azurean's picture
Foradain wrote:
Foradain wrote:

Very odd; I can hear the music better on my Fire than on my PC. Is that new Hellwreckage music?

Is that the same Hellwreckage music we were supposed to have like a year ago?

Doctor Tyche
Doctor Tyche's picture
StellarAgent wrote:
StellarAgent wrote:

No, no, no. Through a mix up with one Dev mis-remembering anothers work, Hardlock got changed to Lockehard. There is a prison on that island a-la Ziggurat

It will be a comedy of errors for a while until all is sorted and fixed.

No, Hardlock is a nickname for a prison. Lockehard is an island.

And I can say with certainty that there is no prison on the island.

Technical Director

Read enough Facebook and you have to make Sanity Checks. I guess FB is the Great Old One of the interent these days... - Beamrider

Project_Hero
Project_Hero's picture
Doctor Tyche wrote:
Doctor Tyche wrote:
StellarAgent wrote:

No, no, no. Through a mix up with one Dev mis-remembering anothers work, Hardlock got changed to Lockehard. There is a prison on that island a-la Ziggurat

Maybe it's under the island.

... Or over it. Some form of sky prison.

"Let the past die. Kill it if you have to."

Cyclops
Cyclops's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
Doctor Tyche wrote:
Doctor Tyche wrote:
StellarAgent wrote:

The torment! Back to Lore! What would need a meta human guard force outside of PIT or a prison?!!!!

Atama
Atama's picture
When camera is zooming into

When the camera is zooming past the car, I see some kind of mountain/hill, then to the right a weird shape. It could be a tree, but it could be another statue (it’s almost dino-shaped).

Cyclops
Cyclops's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
https://www.kickstarter.com

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/missingworldsmedia/the-phoenix-project-city-of-titans/posts/648915
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Most of you will remember the hurricane that devastated Titan City in 1998. The hurricane was originally a natural occurrence, but the villain Cumulus Rex exacerbated the problem. He meant to hold the city for ransom, using machinery to turn the ordinary hurricane into a supremely destructive storm from which he grew stronger. The city’s heroes rose to the occasion, protecting lives and property across Titan City. Meanwhile, a force of heroes, some who until that moment had been villains, challenged Cumulus Rex in his lair. We know them today as the “Atlas 33”; those who held the line the longest against the murderous Rex. That battle resulted in the death of Titan City’s favorite son, American Star, after more than a century of crimefighting.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK. Could the security and meta-human guard be surrounding the Lair of Cumulus Rex, and the machinery within...still being studied by the govt?
AND is the entrance to that lair the out of focus dome the police car is facing?

Doctor Tyche
Doctor Tyche's picture
Project_Hero wrote:
Project_Hero wrote:
Doctor Tyche wrote:
StellarAgent wrote:

And now you're thinking like a superjail

Technical Director

Read enough Facebook and you have to make Sanity Checks. I guess FB is the Great Old One of the interent these days... - Beamrider

Cyclops
Cyclops's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
Doctor Tyche wrote:
Doctor Tyche wrote:

AH HA! Its a sky prison! (and here I thought I was all jiggy with it!)

Cobalt Azurean
Cobalt Azurean's picture
Project_Hero wrote:
Project_Hero wrote:
Doctor Tyche wrote:
StellarAgent wrote:

I think I read about something like that in the Battle Chasers comic, which I always thought was a clever idea. I'm glad to see it here!

Foradain
Foradain's picture
Atama wrote:
Atama wrote:

When the camera is zooming past the car, I see some kind of mountain/hill, then to the right a weird shape. It could be a tree, but it could be another statue (it’s almost dino-shaped).

It might possibly be the same statue, with American Star's left arm pointing off the viewer's right, with the mountain/hill/dome/entrance to Cumulus Rex's Lair being off screen to the viewer's left in the close up. Possibly the wings of the Phoenix Lighthouse are behind it, or maybe that's something else.

Foradain
Foradain's picture
Let's divide this video into

Let's divide this video into scenes:
Opening Title
Scene One: Close up of Grass and Daisies.
Scene Two: The No Trespassing Sign. What is that behind it, out of focus? How long will it be before someone vandalizes the sign, writing "Please Don't Eat the Daisies"?
Scene Three: The Police Car, parked in the grass, but with a clear area in front of it. At one point you can see that the far side of this area is not a straight line, as if the statue is in its own area of greenery or perhaps a peninsula of greenery projecting towards the viewer. Perhaps we're not seeing the cleared area for the grass that's not growing on it?
Scene Four: The Helmet of Cumulus Rex in the grass and daisies, with a clear area beyond it. Behind that clear area, is what may be a pedestal. In that clear area, to the viewer's right, are a pair of humanoid legs. The guy with the shield?
Scene Five: The Plaque on the pedestal of The Statue of American Star, with tall grass in front of it.
Scene Six: Cut to a slightly longer shot of The Statue, with two flags on either side, pulling back to reveal the whole statue as the Shield-Bearer comes into view at the right.
Scene Seven: Cut to a view up past the Shield-Bearer to the top of the Phoenix Lighthouse, with the fireworks behind it.
End Title

I'm thinking we might know what Terwyn's Last Easter Egg is if we knew what that was behind the PDETD sign. Or why the Car is parked in the grass and not on the cleared space.

Tannim222
Tannim222's picture
This is fun.

This is fun.

- Combat Mechanic -
Tech Team.
Tannim222
Tannim222's picture
This is fun.

This is fun.

- Combat Mechanic -
Tech Team.
erishk
erishk's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
pleaseeeeee, take my money, i

pleaseeeeee, take my money, i need play this game!!!!!! :p

Atama
Atama's picture
Foradain wrote:
Foradain wrote:

Let's divide this video into scenes:
Opening Title
Scene One: Close up of Grass and Daisies.
Scene Two: The No Trespassing Sign. What is that behind it, out of focus? How long will it be before someone vandalizes the sign, writing "Please Don't Eat the Daisies"?

Doctor Tyche seemed to coyly confirm that the out-of-focus thing is the sky prison. That sign is warning about the prison being a high-security area.

Quote:

Scene Three: The Police Car, parked in the grass, but with a clear area in front of it. At one point you can see that the far side of this area is not a straight line, as if the statue is in its own area of greenery or perhaps a peninsula of greenery projecting towards the viewer. Perhaps we're not seeing the cleared area for the grass that's not growing on it?
Scene Four: The Helmet of Cumulus Rex in the grass and daisies, with a clear area beyond it. Behind that clear area, is what may be a pedestal. In that clear area, to the viewer's right, are a pair of humanoid legs. The guy with the shield?

That has to the the guy with the shield (who is tentatively named “The American”. The red and blue colors match the rest of the costume.

Quote:

Scene Five: The Plaque on the pedestal of The Statue of American Star, with tall grass in front of it.
Scene Six: Cut to a slightly longer shot of The Statue, with two flags on either side, pulling back to reveal the whole statue as the Shield-Bearer comes into view at the right.
Scene Seven: Cut to a view up past the Shield-Bearer to the top of the Phoenix Lighthouse, with the fireworks behind it.
End Title

I'm thinking we might know what Terwyn's Last Easter Egg is if we knew what that was behind the PDETD sign. Or why the Car is parked in the grass and not on the cleared space.

Again, the prison floating above the island was confirmed as that Easter Egg apparently.

I love the idea of a sky prison by the way.

Cyclops
Cyclops's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
the scene with the American

the scene with the American Star statue. just beyond the hill, flanked by some trees is a faint structure. Is that the kick starter wall?

Atama
Atama's picture
Cyclops wrote:
Cyclops wrote:

the scene with the American Star statue. just beyond the hill, flanked by some trees is a faint structure. Is that the kick starter wall?

I thought that was the water in the distance, since this is an island. It’s a faded blue and white line stretching across the horizon. Maybe it’s a wall but it looked like water to me.

Cyclops
Cyclops's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
Take another look...

Take another look...

Atama
Atama's picture
Yeah, that’s pretty even so

Yeah, that’s pretty even so it might not be the whitecaps or reflection I assumed at first.

alltrueist
alltrueist's picture
I've looked at the James

I've looked at the James Duncan statue picture 50 times and I still can't figure out what's coming out of his chest :/

Meanwhile, you guys are Zapruder'ing blurry islands in the distance

The Altruist, Invulnerability/Super Strength Stalwart.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry's picture
Here's an interesting bit

Here's an interesting bit from a Kickstarter update on July 4th 2 years ago:

Quote:

Meet Lockharde Island. It’s going to show up a few more times before it’s done, but I like to think this is a credible first start. There’s not much to it on the surface, but rumor says you should beware the Evil That Lies Within. Of course, that’s just rumors. It’s a pleasant place, like Liberty Island in New York City, that holds the city’s trademark Phoenix Lighthouse. (as seen on our logo) (We’re currently trying to decide the precise location for the Lighthouse - it may wind up in Alexandria, Liberty Harbor, or Lockharde. For this video, we’re trying it out here to see how it looks.

I like to take your ideas and supersize them. This isn't criticism, it is flattery. I come with nothing but good will and a spirit of team-building. If you take what I write any other way, that is probably just because I wasn't very clear.
Kiyori Anoyui
Kiyori Anoyui's picture
alltrueist wrote:
alltrueist wrote:

I've looked at the James Duncan statue picture 50 times and I still can't figure out what's coming out of his chest :/

Right?!? I seriously wouldn't even be able to guess what that is lol

Cyclops wrote:

Yea, so my question now is will there be fireworks going off in the city, and will there be a party/festival in game on the 4th of July?

The Carnival of Light in the Phoenix Rising
"We never lose our demons, we only learn to live above them." - The Ancient One

cloganart
cloganart's picture
Developer
This thread is gold.

This thread is gold.

Charles Logan
www.cloganart.com

Foradain
Foradain's picture
alltrueist wrote:
alltrueist wrote:

Take a look at this image from an update a couple weeks after the July Fourth Update that Huckleberry mentioned:

I'm pretty sure that's the same magic arm, passed from mentor to successor. With less detail on the statue.

Brand X
Brand X's picture
Isn't that a symbiote? For

Isn't that a symbiote? For Anthem it also becomes an arm, as she lost one?

I don't recall exactly, though. :p

Kiyori Anoyui
Kiyori Anoyui's picture
Foradain wrote:
Foradain wrote:
alltrueist wrote:

Take a look at this image from an update a couple weeks after the July Fourth Update that Huckleberry mentioned:

I'm pretty sure that's the same magic arm, passed from mentor to successor. With less detail on the statue.

You're probably right, but that emblem on the statue looks more like an end of a scarf flapping in the wind

Dztblk
Dztblk's picture
LOL. Right!?

LOL. Right!?

Dztblk
Dztblk's picture
Very nice! Keep'em coming!

Very nice! Keep'em coming!

Catherine America
In the grass, below CRex's

In the grass, below CRex's helmet, is something there? It looks kind of golden...polished...shiny.

SHINY!!!!

Doctor Tyche
Doctor Tyche's picture
Cyclops wrote:
Cyclops wrote:
Doctor Tyche wrote:

... wrong way.

Technical Director

Grimfox
Grimfox's picture
What's behind the no

What's behind the no trespassing sign? Kinda looks like the Iron Giants face.

Why does American star look like a potato? There are fine details there like the details on the jacket, but the rest of him looks like he's made out of Playdoh. His face is missing and the eagle on his chest looks like someone attempted to make an eagle pancake and that was their first attempt.

I think the blue line Cyclops is referencing is actually the oceanic horizon. The white/gray box that he emphasized, I think is a taller building or roof on a lower part of the island.

That's all I have for now.

Cyclops
Cyclops's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
Doctor Tyche wrote:
Doctor Tyche wrote:
Cyclops wrote:
Doctor Tyche wrote:

... wrong way.

OK, its an underground prison then.

cloganart
cloganart's picture
Developer
Grimfox wrote:
Grimfox wrote:

What's behind the no trespassing sign? Kinda looks like the Iron Giants face.

Why does American star look like a potato? There are fine details there like the details on the jacket, but the rest of him looks like he's made out of Playdoh. His face is missing and the eagle on his chest looks like someone attempted to make an eagle pancake and that was their first attempt.

I think the blue line Cyclops is referencing is actually the oceanic horizon. The white/gray box that he emphasized, I think is a taller building or roof on a lower part of the island.

That's all I have for now.

In my headcanon, the sculptor is sent to the prison for this atrocity of a statue.

But gamewise, you will very likely see a re-done version by release. (And this one will probably be in the depths of the ocean..)

Charles Logan
www.cloganart.com

Mask-of-Many
Mask-of-Many's picture
I'm still annoyed by the

I'm still annoyed by the misspelling of "trespassing" on the sign. The city needs to fire its sign-maker.

Master of the forbidden art of thread necromancy!

Characters:
* Kestrel
* Zero Break
* All-Star

Lothic
Lothic's picture
Mask-of-Many wrote:
Mask-of-Many wrote:

I'm still annoyed by the misspelling of "trespassing" on the sign. The city needs to fire its sign-maker.

Good catch... it's on the vid for so little time I didn't notice it.

I actually spent a couple of minutes looking to see if it's one of those weird English words that might have had an obscure archaic spelling that would have made "Tresspassing" vaguely acceptable but I couldn't.

In the scheme of things I certainly wouldn't worry about fixing this one standalone vid but if it turns out that those types of warnings signs are sprinkled all over the actual live game then yeah it would be good to see that kind of thing fixed eventually.

CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

Project_Hero
Project_Hero's picture
Maybe that sign is misspelled

Maybe that sign is misspelled on purpose. It could be some form of shapeshifting creature that doesn't spell well.

Or it could just be an honest mistake. Just being kinda silly.

Catherine America
cloganart wrote:
cloganart wrote:

In my headcanon, the sculptor is sent to the prison for this atrocity of a statue.

But gamewise, you will very likely see a re-done version by release. (And this one will probably be in the depths of the ocean..)

I love all that you guys accomplish, but I'm relieved by your critique : )

Lothic
Lothic's picture
Project_Hero wrote:
Project_Hero wrote:

Maybe that sign is misspelled on purpose. It could be some form of shapeshifting creature that doesn't spell well.

Or it could just be an honest mistake. Just being kinda silly.

Eh, in certain contexts I tend to gloss over spelling mistakes. For instance I usually don't think twice about it if I see something misspelled like that in a forum like this.

But when it comes to text printed in a MMO environment (on a "official government sign" no less) then yeah I sort of lean towards the "they ought to fix it" camp, especially now when the game is still far from actually going live. In an age where "automatic spell checking" has been a thing for decades there's really no reasonable excuse anymore.

Dark Ether
Dark Ether's picture
kickstarter
cloganart wrote:
cloganart wrote:

I'm always in favor of some nice fish habitat and interesting dive sites.

(insert pithy comment here)

Atama
Atama's picture
Tresspassing has to do with

Tresspassing has to do with shedding hair. You’re “passing” your “tresses” on to others. That behavior is prohibited in that area because it’s gross.

Lord Nightmare
Lord Nightmare's picture
Perhaps Titan City has become

Perhaps Titan City has become overrun with the Snakes.

No Tresssssspasssing.

Revenge is motivation enough. At least it's honest...

Roleplayer; Esteemed Villain

Mask-of-Many
Mask-of-Many's picture
Lord Nightmare wrote:
Lord Nightmare wrote:

No Tresssssspasssing.

NAGA CONFIRMED

Master of the forbidden art of thread necromancy!

Characters:
* Kestrel
* Zero Break
* All-Star

Kiyori Anoyui
Kiyori Anoyui's picture
Project_Hero wrote:
Project_Hero wrote:

Maybe that sign is misspelled on purpose. It could be some form of shapeshifting creature that doesn't spell well

This reminds me of the Ditto that just couldn't get the eyes right :p

Project_Hero
Project_Hero's picture
Lord Nightmare wrote:
Lord Nightmare wrote:

No Tresssssspasssing.

Oh no! Sneeple!

Dark Cleric
Dark Cleric's picture
Hmm, was this the 2-week

Hmm, was this the 2-week minor update? Or was this a bonus? I'm really hoping just a bonus and we'll still get something this week...?

Loved the video, 100%, I just hope that a few seconds of video of grass, a car, a statue, a sign, an unmoving PC, and some fireworks isn't the actual 2-week update =D

Compulsively clicking the refresh button until the next update.

Mind-Freeze
Mind-Freeze's picture
I keep looking at the phoenix

I keep looking at the phoenix tower thinking there might be something there but I do see myself hanging out there a lot.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry's picture
I wonder what the next Atlas

I wonder what the next Atlas Park will be. You know, that one place where everyone gathers naturally. I'm thinking that Phoenix Lighthouse could be it, because it's such an important landmark. You could just say, meet me by the Phoenix in 10 minutes. Or costume Contest by the Phoenix every Friday night. Or OMG! there's a huge monster raid by the Phoenix, come help!

I like to take your ideas and supersize them. This isn't criticism, it is flattery. I come with nothing but good will and a spirit of team-building. If you take what I write any other way, that is probably just because I wasn't very clear.
Project_Hero
Project_Hero's picture
Atlas Park was a great hang

Atlas Park was a great hang out spot because it was right there as soon as you made a character. You could make a character and within seconds find someone to RP with.

Grimfox
Grimfox's picture
Last I heard they weren't

Last I heard they weren't sure where the lighthouse would be. This video places it on Hardelock island. I would be that the primary hangout place will be the near the tutorial bank. Which will likely be near the pheonix square and the city hall. In most games the starting area's aren't necessarily the most common places to hang out. Usually they are the most functional. The place with the best proximity to a transit hub, crafting sites and Auction House.

Cyclops
Cyclops's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
Last I checked there was

Last I checked there was still one Easter egg undiscovered...

Fallout1
Fallout1's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
Doctor Tyche wrote:
Doctor Tyche wrote:
Cyclops wrote:
Doctor Tyche wrote:

... wrong way.

So does this mean that maybe the light house is the entrance to an underground super prison?

Mind-Freeze
Mind-Freeze's picture
That’s what I was thinking I

That’s what I was thinking I keep thinking there’s an Easter egg somewhere in the lighthouse

ElegantHope
ElegantHope's picture
Every year the game looks

Every year the game looks better and better!~ I love these videos. c:

Cyclops
Cyclops's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
Tannim222 wrote:
Tannim222 wrote:
Cyclops wrote:

so what did I miss?

You missed the thing that you didn’t notice yet. It is an easter egg.

Arrrrgggg!!!!
I just watched the video twice more. Titans, help me out here. what did I miss?
the fact that I am looking right at it and missing it torments me!

Atama
Atama's picture
The game logo is .05% shinier

The game logo is .05% shinier than before. Clearly that’s it.

Terwyn
Terwyn's picture
I know what it is, and it'll

I know what it is, and it'll be glaring obvious when someone finds it.

Just remember to wear SPF 2 million, or you might have a very bad day.

It is only when we stand up, with all our failings and sufferings, and try to support others rather than withdraw into ourselves, that we can fully live the life of community.

Business Director

Lord Nightmare
Lord Nightmare's picture
It's the smartphone code guys

It's the smartphone code guys.

The one on the sign.

Revenge is motivation enough. At least it's honest...

Roleplayer; Esteemed Villain

Dark Cleric
Dark Cleric's picture
Lord Nightmare wrote:
Lord Nightmare wrote:

It's the smartphone code guys.

The one on the sign.

That was already mentioned. And a dev already confirmed it takes you to the CoT website.

Dark Cleric
Dark Cleric's picture
Hmmm. Someone already said

Hmmm. Someone already said this but there looks to be either a tall, concrete like wall along the horizon or a plateau behind the statue.

Also, the frames with the statue, there are 2 vertical lines a few shades different color. Not sure what those are.

Interdictor
Interdictor's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
Terwyn wrote:
Terwyn wrote:

I know this is a T2 reference, hmmm...

Cobalt Azurean
Cobalt Azurean's picture
Interdictor wrote:
Interdictor wrote:
Terwyn wrote:

I know this is a T2 reference, hmmm...

Oh yeah, I remember that line. It had to do with nuclear explosions. Good catch.

Edit: Maybe those aren't fireworks but controlled explosions in the upper ionosphere. An energy-based superhero in the Ex-Heroes book series did a similar trick that sort of emulated the Northern Lights during a celebration for the remaining humanity at The Mount. His body was basically a mini-sun.

Cyclops
Cyclops's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
Dark Cleric wrote:
Dark Cleric wrote:

Hmmm. Someone already said this but there looks to be either a tall, concrete like wall along the horizon or a plateau behind the statue.

Also, the frames with the statue, there are 2 vertical lines a few shades different color. Not sure what those are.

I mentioned the kickstarter wall, but the Devs didn't bite.

Cyclops
Cyclops's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
OK there is something white

OK there is something white under the Cumulus Rex Helmet. Its partly obscured by grass...bones?

Cyclops
Cyclops's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
I have to be missing it

I have to be missing it completely, the stars are holding to a specific constellation, but I can see nothing else. Maybe I'm studying to hard. watching to many times.

Mind-Freeze
Mind-Freeze's picture
I think I saw a rikti warship

I think I saw a rikti warship in the reflection on the lighthouse !!! Revenge of the Rikti !!!

Cyclops
Cyclops's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
Mind-Freeze wrote:
Mind-Freeze wrote:

I think I saw a rikti warship in the reflection on the lighthouse !!! Revenge of the Rikti !!!

I just went back and checked it out several times. I don't see anything. can you post a screenshot, please.

cloganart
cloganart's picture
Developer
This thread is fun.

This thread is fun.

Can’t wait to see what you guys can dig up in the game itself :)

Charles Logan
www.cloganart.com

Catherine America
Cyclops wrote:
Cyclops wrote:

OK there is something white under the Cumulus Rex Helmet. Its partly obscured by grass...bones?

Lol...sames. Looks golden/brass on my monitor though.

Mind-Freeze
Mind-Freeze's picture
I was joking about the rikti

I was joking about the rikti but hoping we get titans alien type invader :-)

Fallout1
Fallout1's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
One thing I noticed (and I

One thing I noticed (and I don't know if it means anything) is that if you look at the wings on the lighthouse, it looks like they can fold down. But what would be the significance of that?

Dark Cleric
Dark Cleric's picture
I didn't want to make a whole

I didn't want to make a whole new thread for this, but on social media CoT confirmed the next update is NOT today, but next Thursday. The July 4th post was technically a week 'early' for the minor update so it's a 3-week space this time. Also, I guess this means the updates are Thursday now. I always thought they were Wednesdays. Anyway, not sure if anyone else was hoping for something today, if so...sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

EDIT: Since the previous post was the Control Mechanics, I am ASSUMING that CoT considers this July 4th post a minor update and not a major update. So the update next week should be a 'major' one like the Control Mechanics update. That's my hope. It would suck if they considered this a major update as there was really no take away or relevant information.

Airhead
Airhead's picture
The helmet appears to

The helmet appears to continuously intensify its texture from its first to last frame. Server lag? The object just appeared? Or perhaps a gamer can tell me this is perfectly normal.

"The illusion which exalts us is dearer to us than ten thousand truths." - Pushkin
"One piece of flair is all I need." - Sister Silicon

MeSoSollyWan
MeSoSollyWan's picture
kickstarter
Dark Cleric wrote:
Dark Cleric wrote:

I didn't want to make a whole new thread for this, but on social media CoT confirmed the next update is NOT today, but next Thursday. The July 4th post was technically a week 'early' for the minor update so it's a 3-week space this time. Also, I guess this means the updates are Thursday now. I always thought they were Wednesdays. Anyway, not sure if anyone else was hoping for something today, if so...sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

EDIT: Since the previous post was the Control Mechanics, I am ASSUMING that CoT considers this July 4th post a minor update and not a major update. So the update next week should be a 'major' one like the Control Mechanics update. That's my hope. It would suck if they considered this a major update as there was really no take away or relevant information.

It's not uncommon for extra information like this to make it out onto their social media platforms, but this time I actually can not find what you're talking about.

Could you provide a link, or a screenshot? I usually, at bare minimum, take a screenshot with my phone so I can show word-for-word what a dev said about a thing.

Like this one from June 1st, regarding development in general:

This one from July 5th, regarding slots:

And this one from, July 9th, regarding the famous lighthouse we always see:

Dark Cleric
Dark Cleric's picture
(No subject)

Darth Fez
Darth Fez's picture
Ah, yes. This is the kind of

Ah, yes. This is the kind of thing that should make it onto their Twitter and Facebook accounts, and whatever else there may be. Thank you for sharing, Dark Cleric.

And since I'm here already, I'll say that the viewing distance shown in that video is spectacular.

- - - - -
Hail Beard!

Support trap clowns for CoT!

MeSoSollyWan
MeSoSollyWan's picture
kickstarter
Thanks, dude! I appreciate it

Thanks, dude! I appreciate it.

Very interesting. Excited for next week.

StellarAgent
At the 44 second mark (it is

At the 44 second mark (it is at it's closest approach) what is growing in the grass that can be seen just to the left of the shield?

A white clump of . . . . ?

At first glance it looks like mushrooms, but they are much to big for that.

StellarAgent
Cyclops wrote:
Cyclops wrote:

I have to be missing it completely, the stars are holding to a specific constellation, but I can see nothing else. Maybe I'm studying to hard. watching to many times.

Funny, that. It almost looks the Southern Cross Constellation. Can anyone from down south confirm?

Airhead
Airhead's picture
Fun idea, that they'd use

Fun idea, that they'd use stars not normally visible in the north. The lore behind an actual polar reversal, not just a reversal of the magnetic field, would be epic. The earth would likely end up spinning in the opposite direction with reference to the sun unless some cosmic being made the effort to stop the planet then start it again in the opposite direction. Reverse the angular momentum too slowly and we get some very long days and weird weather. Do it too quickly and everyone not tied down is flung bodily to the east. Any spin swap scenario probably gives rise to some rather disruptive mantle fluid effects that cancel out the circadian benefits of maintaining western sunsets.

Unfortunately that's not Crux.

"The illusion which exalts us is dearer to us than ten thousand truths." - Pushkin
"One piece of flair is all I need." - Sister Silicon

Lothic
Lothic's picture
Airhead wrote:
Airhead wrote:

Fun idea, that they'd use stars not normally visible in the north. The lore behind an actual polar reversal, not just a reversal of the magnetic field, would be epic. The earth would likely end up spinning in the opposite direction with reference to the sun unless some cosmic being made the effort to stop the planet then start it again in the opposite direction. Reverse the angular momentum too slowly and we get some very long days and weird weather. Do it too quickly and everyone not tied down is flung bodily to the east. Any spin swap scenario probably gives rise to some rather disruptive mantle fluid effects that cancel out the circadian benefits of maintaining western sunsets.

Unfortunately that's not Crux.

Assuming that some kind of divine/magical intervention was not involved in flipping the Earth around in a "pole reversal" the effects of such an event would be (as you imply) absolutely catastrophic even if it was done "gradually". Like you say even if it happened over the course of millennia (or even millions of years) you'd have enough environmental impacts to completely change entire ecosystems and climatic patterns. Entire continents would rise and/or fall due to the shifting ocean and tidal patterns and there would likely be the worst mass extinctions ever experienced on this planet. Basically the Earth would be radically altered in practically every way imaginable and the chances that the Boston area would exist in any form even remotely close to its current one would be effectively nil.

So unless MWM tying to do something super weird with all that I doubt we can really count on the stars in the game actually lining up with "real" constellations.

StellarAgent
Did some research this

Did some research this morning. Did you know we have a "Northern Cross"? Turns out that constellation could be Cygnus.

Some interesting information here: http://www.constellation-guide.com/constellation-list/cygnus-constellation/

Lothic
Lothic's picture
StellarAgent wrote:
StellarAgent wrote:

Did some research this morning. Did you know we have a "Northern Cross"? Turns out that constellation could be Cygnus.

Some interesting information here: http://www.constellation-guide.com/constellation-list/cygnus-constellation/

I'd figure anyone named StellarAgent would already know that. ;)

Grimfox
Grimfox's picture
Lothic wrote:
Lothic wrote:
StellarAgent wrote:

He's just not familiar with our constellations since the constellations in most systems are different.

Lothic
Lothic's picture
Grimfox wrote:
Grimfox wrote:
Lothic wrote:
StellarAgent wrote:

He's just not familiar with our constellations since the constellations in most systems are different.

And I was just making a joke based on his stelliferous-oriented name. ;)

Pages