Announcements

All Kickstarter Backers: Please go to your Kickstarter account and update your emails.
We're trying to give you as much time as possible for the staged rollout of pre-Alpha.
Make sure you can log in, and make sure your email address is up to date.
Please make sure *@missingworldsmedia.com is set to Allowed or Not Junk in your email settings.

Discuss: The 14th Annual Titan City Superpowered Snowball Fight (and why it never happened)

28 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shadow Elusive
Shadow Elusive's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 7 sec ago
Developerkickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 01/10/2013 - 09:38
Discuss: The 14th Annual Titan City Superpowered Snowball Fight (and why it never happened)

A light bit of fun with a lore hint or two. What's your favorite funny line from it? While many strong contenders exist, the scientists win my vote.

“It's going well!” Said one of the other scientists, “Although we haven't quite gotten to the 83000-chimneys-per-second threshold we would need in order to guarantee proper saturation of presents over whichever hemisphere is experiencing night.”

Update link: http://cityoftitans.com/forum/14th-annual-titan-city-superpowered-snowball-fight-and-why-it-never-happened

--------------------------

Interior Map Lead and UI Designer
Fireheart
Fireheart's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 46 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/05/2013 - 13:45
Yay! Snowcones! Make mine a

Yay! Snowcones! Make mine a Lime and Cherry.

Be Well!
Fireheart

Stee1Reaper23
Stee1Reaper23's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 12/07/2014 - 15:10
Another lore update...

Another lore update...

Pengy
Pengy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 months ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 11/09/2013 - 10:40
Inertial navigation system

Inertial navigation system about 3 sizes too small.

Foradain
Foradain's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 26 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/25/2013 - 21:06
I liked

I liked:

Quote:

“We have confirmed naughtiness,” said Particle.

It was as if Piffany had visited PS 238...

Foradain, Mage of Phoenix Rising.
Foradain's Character Conclave
Avatar courtesy of Satellite Nine.
If you can't see an image I've posted, please let me know!

Shadow Elusive
Shadow Elusive's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 7 sec ago
Developerkickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 01/10/2013 - 09:38
Foradain wrote:
Foradain wrote:

I liked:
Quote:
“We have confirmed naughtiness,” said Particle.

It was as if Piffany had visited PS 238...

That's my second best :D

--------------------------

Interior Map Lead and UI Designer
Zerohour
Zerohour's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 5 days ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/10/2013 - 12:28
Stee1Reaper23 wrote:
Stee1Reaper23 wrote:

Another lore update...

Merry Christmas?

As a side note, my Captcha question was super easy! 1 + 2 = ?

Currently trapped inside the Speed Force...

Shadow Elusive
Shadow Elusive's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 7 sec ago
Developerkickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 01/10/2013 - 09:38
Zerohour wrote:
Zerohour wrote:

Stee1Reaper23 wrote:
Another lore update...

Merry Christmas?
As a side note, my Captcha question was super easy! 1 + 2 = ?

Thanks Zero. And we will have something juicier next week. We thought, for Christmas eve itself, something simple, light, and in the spirit of the holidays, instead of a distraction from them.

--------------------------

Interior Map Lead and UI Designer
Foradain
Foradain's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 26 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/25/2013 - 21:06
Shadow Elusive wrote:
Shadow Elusive wrote:

Zerohour wrote:
Stee1Reaper23 wrote:
Another lore update...

Merry Christmas?
As a side note, my Captcha question was super easy! 1 + 2 = ?

Thanks Zero. And we will have something juicier next week. We thought, for Christmas eve itself, something simple, light, and in the spirit of the holidays, instead of a distraction from them.

I wasn't expecting any update this week, and I was hoping that this one being here didn't mean I shouldn't expect one next week. ^_^

My two favorite words in this response from Shadow Elusive: "juicier" and "will". *keeps manipulatory digits arranged in the shape of the Greek letter chi*

Foradain, Mage of Phoenix Rising.
Foradain's Character Conclave
Avatar courtesy of Satellite Nine.
If you can't see an image I've posted, please let me know!

Darth Fez
Darth Fez's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 09/20/2013 - 07:53
Y'all are wrong. The best

Y'all are wrong. The best line is clearly:

Quote:

“This is stupid,” said Anthem. “This is incredibly brilliant thinking applied to stupid.”

I presume the villain's identity was kept secret for his own protection. He did sorta ruin Christmas, after all.

I'm also rather ashamed that I never made the connection to the "holiday spirits" pun.

- - - - -
Hail Beard!

Support trap clowns for CoT!

Greyhawk
Greyhawk's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 01/03/2015 - 19:17
I don't know about anyone

I don't know about anyone else, but I enjoyed this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My author page at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B000APIPZC?ref_=pe_584750_33951330

Nos482
Nos482's picture
Offline
Last seen: 37 min 45 sec ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 08/25/2013 - 14:50
I, for one, like Particle and

I, for one, like Particle and his mates so far... brilliant, yet slightly unhinged.
Can't wait to actually pummel them into submission.
What? I am a villain after all.

When people ask me about my religion, I tell 'em I'd worship Cthulhu.

How bad could I possibly be? Let's see...

DeathSheepFromHell
DeathSheepFromHell's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 4 weeks ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/16/2013 - 15:08
[blockquote]“Isn't mixing
Quote:

“Isn't mixing brilliant and stupid volatile?” wondered Codebreaker[...]

Speaking as a villain: never get in the way of heroes who are prone to causing more chaos and destruction than you are. Instead, set things up so that them winning produces an even better (if less obvious) win for you.

For example, if the anti-Xmas satellite had been made of frangible materials, hitting it with coal at that velocity would have meant that they generated a spreading cloud of shrapnel which would eventually cause far more problems than a few days of an annoying heat wave in one city. As to "why not blow it up yourself", well, this way you don't have to pay the fuel cost of lifting the additional explosives into orbit.

But really, that's peanuts compared to the win of getting the heroes to do the work for you.


Developer Emeritus
and multipurpose sheep

Izzy
Izzy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 11:09
Happy Holidays.

Happy Holidays.

Looking back to the CoH/V Winter Event:

Enjoy.

Lin Chiao Feng
Lin Chiao Feng's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 10 min ago
Developerkickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 11/02/2013 - 09:27
DeathSheepFromHell wrote:
DeathSheepFromHell wrote:

Quote:
“Isn't mixing brilliant and stupid volatile?” wondered Codebreaker[...]
Speaking as a villain: never get in the way of heroes who are prone to causing more chaos and destruction than you are. Instead, set things up so that them winning produces an even better (if less obvious) win for you.
For example, if the anti-Xmas satellite had been made of frangible materials, hitting it with coal at that velocity would have meant that they generated a spreading cloud of shrapnel which would eventually cause far more problems than a few days of an annoying heat wave in one city. As to "why not blow it up yourself", well, this way you don't have to pay the fuel cost of lifting the additional explosives into orbit.
But really, that's peanuts compared to the win of getting the heroes to do the work for you.

Sometimes Kessler Syndrome is the best diabolical friend you never knew you had.

Has anyone seen my mind? It was right here...

Airhead
Airhead's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 13 hours ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/03/2013 - 23:38
I guess I'll get myself into

I guess I'll get myself into trouble, again, but after the comment about the scientist asking Anthem out on a date I was inclined to find the subsequent line funny:

"from the way Codebreaker was staring at her right now it was pretty clear that she expected Anthem to get something off her chest."

"The illusion which exalts us is dearer to us than ten thousand truths." - Pushkin
"One piece of flair is all I need." - Sister Silicon

Shadow Elusive
Shadow Elusive's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 7 sec ago
Developerkickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 01/10/2013 - 09:38
Airhead wrote:
Airhead wrote:

I guess I'll get myself into trouble, again, but after the comment about the scientist asking Anthem out on a date I was inclined to find the subsequent line funny:
"from the way Codebreaker was staring at her right now it was pretty clear that she expected Anthem to get something off her chest."

You're a little confused. Codebreaker is the one the scientist was nerving up about, not Anthem. Plus, the 'ask her out' was more a humorous extra possibility to the far more likely reason that he wanted her to stop fiddling with the radar.

--------------------------

Interior Map Lead and UI Designer
Izzy
Izzy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 11:09
AirHead,

AirHead,

if you're like me, and get dizzy just from looking at walls of text, just Copy and Paste to a Text to Speech reader like the one here:
http://drivetts.ehubsoft.net/

No worries of getting lightheaded now.
;)

Izzy
Izzy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 11:09
Ahhh, just listened to it

Ahhh, just listened to it with the TTS..

Sounds like Anthem saw Avengers: Age of Ultron... and was a little worried about the RoboSanta. ;D

Edit:
“Isn't mixing brilliant and stupid volatile?” wondered Codebreaker out loud from across the room, where she was toying with a device prominently labeled 'Santa Radar'.

I like this format, since I'm a Visual guy... so its easier to image it as a Comic Book Panel on a page, if it was made as a Comic book. ;)
Hmm.. i wonder if a Storyboard was used before writing this up?!? :o

2nd Edit:
Yep. Its not about Anthem and her band stopping/defeating every villain, on each encounter, its more about them being There to balance the Scales, at least in the citizens minds... or else why stay in that city? :P

3rd Edit:
Dang it. I was hoping the Ice Cream vendor, i'll pretend s/he's selling Napleton ices ;), was definitely in on it. >:{
Trying to make a Buck! All about the Benjamins! ;D

Having Cold Powered heroes surprisingly WIN All Expense paid trips out of town, well the most threatening ones at least. ;)
Whats the point if the villain just Breaks Even. :/
Ohh, the Fun it might entail? Ehhh, maybe there are one or two villains like that. ;)

And the Vendor ONLY had Purple left (other flavorings had issues at the handful of factories that imported to the City) as the Neapolitan Ice flavoring, since PURPLE was this Villains Signature, which Codebreaker caught on to. >:D

Izzy
Izzy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 11:09
Shadow Elusive wrote:
Shadow Elusive wrote:

Airhead wrote:
I guess I'll get myself into trouble, again, but after the comment about the scientist asking Anthem out on a date I was inclined to find the subsequent line funny:
"from the way Codebreaker was staring at her right now it was pretty clear that she expected Anthem to get something off her chest."

You're a little confused. Codebreaker is the one the scientist was nerving up about, not Anthem. Plus, the 'ask her out' was more a humorous extra possibility to the far more likely reason that he wanted her to stop fiddling with the radar.

Umm, I dont know how i feel about a Semi inebriated guy, doing Sober'ish Sarcasm. Doesn't feel realistic. :/

DeathSheepFromHell
DeathSheepFromHell's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 4 weeks ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 03/16/2013 - 15:08
Shadow Elusive wrote:
Shadow Elusive wrote:

Airhead wrote:
I guess I'll get myself into trouble, again, but after the comment about the scientist asking Anthem out on a date I was inclined to find the subsequent line funny:
"from the way Codebreaker was staring at her right now it was pretty clear that she expected Anthem to get something off her chest."

You're a little confused. Codebreaker is the one the scientist was nerving up about, not Anthem. Plus, the 'ask her out' was more a humorous extra possibility to the far more likely reason that he wanted her to stop fiddling with the radar.

Sorry, but to anyone who has actually dealt with the socially awkward sort that is clearly in play here, the notion of nerving up to ask *either* of those things -- but not actually being able to figure out which one to ask, and being paralyzed by that -- is... well, it just *is*.


Developer Emeritus
and multipurpose sheep

Shadow Elusive
Shadow Elusive's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 7 sec ago
Developerkickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 01/10/2013 - 09:38
DeathSheepFromHell wrote:
DeathSheepFromHell wrote:

Shadow Elusive wrote:
Airhead wrote:
I guess I'll get myself into trouble, again, but after the comment about the scientist asking Anthem out on a date I was inclined to find the subsequent line funny:
"from the way Codebreaker was staring at her right now it was pretty clear that she expected Anthem to get something off her chest."

You're a little confused. Codebreaker is the one the scientist was nerving up about, not Anthem. Plus, the 'ask her out' was more a humorous extra possibility to the far more likely reason that he wanted her to stop fiddling with the radar.

Sorry, but to anyone who has actually dealt with the socially awkward sort that is clearly in play here, the notion of nerving up to ask *either* of those things -- but not actually being able to figure out which one to ask, and being paralyzed by that -- is... well, it just *is*.

I'm not saying that needing to nerve up to both isn't realistic, I'm saying Anthem had no particular reason to think the scientist had a thing for Codebreaker, but it was very very likely he'd prefer her to stop playing with his invention.

--------------------------

Interior Map Lead and UI Designer
Fireheart
Fireheart's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 46 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/05/2013 - 13:45
Shadow Elusive wrote:
Shadow Elusive wrote:

I'm not saying that needing to nerve up to both isn't realistic, I'm saying Anthem had no particular reason to think the scientist had a thing for Codebreaker, but it was very very likely he'd prefer her to stop playing with his invention.

Or maybe he's the sort that would like her to play with his invention More? That might make him nervous, too.

Be Well!
Fireheart

Darth Fez
Darth Fez's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 09/20/2013 - 07:53
Shadow Elusive wrote:
Shadow Elusive wrote:

DeathSheepFromHell wrote:
Shadow Elusive wrote:
Airhead wrote:
I guess I'll get myself into trouble, again, but after the comment about the scientist asking Anthem out on a date I was inclined to find the subsequent line funny:
"from the way Codebreaker was staring at her right now it was pretty clear that she expected Anthem to get something off her chest."

You're a little confused. Codebreaker is the one the scientist was nerving up about, not Anthem. Plus, the 'ask her out' was more a humorous extra possibility to the far more likely reason that he wanted her to stop fiddling with the radar.

Sorry, but to anyone who has actually dealt with the socially awkward sort that is clearly in play here, the notion of nerving up to ask *either* of those things -- but not actually being able to figure out which one to ask, and being paralyzed by that -- is... well, it just *is*.

I'm not saying that needing to nerve up to both isn't realistic, I'm saying Anthem had no particular reason to think the scientist had a thing for Codebreaker, but it was very very likely he'd prefer her to stop playing with his invention.

The scientist might have heard things from Particle. Especially if they regularly work together when the latter is inebriated.

- - - - -
Hail Beard!

Support trap clowns for CoT!

Lin Chiao Feng
Lin Chiao Feng's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 10 min ago
Developerkickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 11/02/2013 - 09:27
Shadow Elusive wrote:
Shadow Elusive wrote:

I'm not saying that needing to nerve up to both isn't realistic, I'm saying Anthem had no particular reason to think the scientist had a thing for Codebreaker, but it was very very likely he'd prefer her to stop playing with his invention.

Yup. Plain old garden-variety sarcasm.

"They don't let us out much."
— Dr. Okun, Independence Day

Has anyone seen my mind? It was right here...

Godling
Godling's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 4 days ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 11/02/2013 - 13:28
[Shadow Exclusive wrote:

[Shadow Exclusive wrote:
“It's going well!” Said one of the other scientists, “Although we haven't quite gotten to the 83000-chimneys-per-second threshold we would need in order to guarantee proper saturation of presents over whichever hemisphere is experiencing night.”/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaOHaBaKq-8&t=57m20s

Nos482
Nos482's picture
Offline
Last seen: 37 min 45 sec ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 08/25/2013 - 14:50
Great movie... even better

Great movie... even better book.

But personally I prefer Skull's theory. You guys remember PvP, right?
http://pvponline.com/comic/2015/12/07/christmas-special-2015-part-3
and part 4.

When people ask me about my religion, I tell 'em I'd worship Cthulhu.

How bad could I possibly be? Let's see...

Airhead
Airhead's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 13 hours ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/03/2013 - 23:38
Shadow Elusive wrote:
Shadow Elusive wrote:

DeathSheepFromHell wrote: Shadow Elusive wrote:
Airhead wrote:
I guess I'll get myself into trouble, again, but after the comment about the scientist asking Anthem out on a date I was inclined to find the subsequent line funny:
"from the way Codebreaker was staring at her right now it was pretty clear that she expected Anthem to get something off her chest."You're a little confused. Codebreaker is the one the scientist was nerving up about, not Anthem. Plus, the 'ask her out' was more a humorous extra possibility to the far more likely reason that he wanted her to stop fiddling with the radar.Sorry, but to anyone who has actually dealt with the socially awkward sort that is clearly in play here, the notion of nerving up to ask *either* of those things -- but not actually being able to figure out which one to ask, and being paralyzed by that -- is... well, it just *is*.I'm not saying that needing to nerve up to both isn't realistic, I'm saying Anthem had no particular reason to think the scientist had a thing for Codebreaker, but it was very very likely he'd prefer her to stop playing with his invention.

Ahah. I was reading the story as being from Anthem's POV. My mind still had "her" as being Anthem.

"The illusion which exalts us is dearer to us than ten thousand truths." - Pushkin
"One piece of flair is all I need." - Sister Silicon