Suggestions and small bug report regarding the new release of the launcher
- Belt size slider
- Glow effect for eyes not working in character customization
- Layering systems for more customization option (top, bottom layer)
- Shoulders + cape texture is mixing, same with hood + cape and neck + cape
- Boots are not mirrored with glow effect
- Feat don’t have a robot option
- Different head types with sliders (Lizard, werewolf, Yeti, etc)
- Auras flicker into the screen when moving around killing immersion and are frustrating
- Glow effect in video setting since some glow effect are to strong
- Glow effect and different detail on chest logos/emblems/symbols (Iron-man style)
- Missing eye glow effect and different eye selection, not only sliders
- No emblem on capes or other detail effects
- Will you have linear level up story line with cut-scene and a vote option for the team to skip it (Missing Tera immersion)
- World bosses +20 heroes to kill with an achievement on kill
- Will auras be available straight away or unlock-able through the game achievements?
- Utility powers, will you have a main for early level and able to have a second one later?
- Space & water levels, fighting underwater or on a space station, will the hero be able to swim and fight underwater?
- Will there only be one skill tab, or will you have a variety of many skills forcing you to use alt+ and ctrl+ keys resulting in more available builds? (using at least 30 skills while fighting)
- Will you have at least the same of customization options as City of heroes had in the beginning of launch?
- Will villain option be a choice from the beginning, or do you take a decision later in the game?
- Will you have special cosmetics and skill effects unlock-able by achievements that can higher your status in game?
- Will you have customization weapon look on your characters and minions? For example, if you have a pick a spear melee class, will you be able to customize his weapon?
- Will you have the hero builder itself as a free stand-alone version for anybody to create their hero and try it out on the Island after launch (Good to attract new customers and people could have fun with community content out of it)
- Will you have the sidekick program like city of heroes had? will it be the same or different?
- Will you have experience debt (Really liked that😊)?
- Will you have unlock-able titles above your head? “Hero name” The mysterious etc.
- Will you be able to higher the mission’s at least 4 levels above like in CoH?
- Will you have channels/layering in zones (one of the beauty of CoH was how many heroes were in one city flying around, but understand the frame-rate issue)
- How many heroes can join a mission? (6-8)
- Will a mission change by heightening the level of the mission and squad size reveling different and unseen enemies with a larger map size?
Loyalty programs and gifted days of your own playtime.
As a long time gamer from 3 years old, 12 years of experience from the service industry and as a educated student from both hospitality management & BA in innovation and entrepreneurship I would love to implement hospitality into games and was thinking of these suggestions for your game.
What if you could gift max 3 days of your own game once to e-mails.
You buy a game-time of 60 days and gift to friends.
3 days to
to First friend
3 days to
to second friend
3 days to
to third friend
Leaving you with 51 days of your game time and your friends get a full access to the game for three days and then can upgrade when they are about to expire.
You can gift the same e-mail again after 3 months, if you want to try to lure them in and show them what has changed.
In game you could earn the achievement title “Advertiser” for large amount of days you give out, giving you a 10% discount on monthly subscription.
- Experience from launch day a team experience with your friends
- Players are advertising for you and selling your game verbally to their friends
- Hospitality aspect of giving away days for “Guild” members in time of need
- Different approach which is not seen in other mmo’s
- It is known research that loyal customers are the highest income for a company, this could create more
- Good push to try the game before spending money on it in good company
- No need of free weekends advertisement
- Responsibility of the player how he uses his days
- Players can give days out when going on a holiday where they can’t play. Giving a gift to other players
- Less money spent on advertising
- Less short-term income
- Less impact of conversion advertisement
- (add cons if I can’t see it)
From own experience as a player that is wanting a one game to play only and constantly being disappointed by games coming out, I have made the discovery about games that still sit at heart. The best experience was/is when you go into something with your friends. City of heroes, Tera, counterstrike & warcraft III frozen throne (custom maps & DOTA) are there. Starting the game with my friends all at the same time, leveling up together, working as a team, using tactics, speaking the same language, talking to each other about life and day, getting emotional, therefore making memories.
Typical cycle of game that I liked and then quit was like this:
Started the game alone, leveling up and discovering new things, teaming up with someone I didn’t know. Couldn’t share it with him or the person didn’t care since that is often how mmorpg games work today, no commitment.
Asking a friend to join and the responses would be as followed:
- To expensive (Why invest in something you don’t know?)
- You are to far ahead of me (No desire to play alone nor compete)
- Just another game, why not stick to what works for me
City of heroes was a game that you actually felt like yes, a hero and being unique was the best part of it. You could play that alone somehow since of the story lines and puns, it was like being a in a comic, loved also the comics that came out, you could read it online and then go into the world and play it and take part of it. But I know it would have been even better to have more friends in it and that is what I am hoping to see with City of Titans. Something new and exciting that I can drag my friend into 😊!
Recommendation for receiving more funding from the community.
Create your own hero and 3D print it by you guys 😊!
This was done for WoW, I create a Ogre in my school from WoW.
I would love to have my character printed out at one point and pay for good details.
Some reference material where I innovate my thoughts from:
1. http://www.academia.edu/download/35132402/FINAL_HBR_Understanding_Customer_Experience.pdf (Understanding customer experience)
2. http://royalloyalty.co.za/Case_Study.pdf - (Do Customer Loyalty Programs Really Work?)
3. http://dl4a.org/uploads/pdf/CRM.pdf - (Customer relationship management)