ClickyCape bug?

41 posts / 0 new
Last post
Foradain
Foradain's picture
Offline
Last seen: 33 min 8 sec ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/25/2013 - 21:06
ClickyCape bug?

Apparently the parts from the Buick didn't work. Might I suggest a Gremlin instead?

Foradain, Mage of Phoenix Rising.
Foradain's Character Conclave
Avatar courtesy of Satellite Nine.
If you can't see an image I've posted, please let me know!

Doctor Tyche
Doctor Tyche's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 23 hours ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 11:29
What is the error? Which

What is the error? Which browser?

Technical Director

Read enough Facebook and you have to make Sanity Checks. I guess FB is the Great Old One of the interent these days... - Beamrider

Foradain
Foradain's picture
Offline
Last seen: 33 min 8 sec ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/25/2013 - 21:06
The framed area of your 4-1

The framed area of your 4-1-2017 post is blank -- and of course, once I report it, it works perfectly*. %(&^^ intermittent gripes.

And then it doesn't, and then it does....

*And by "perfectly", I mean just like the one from 2014, Update #75. ^_^

And it seems to work and then not work on both Edge and IE11. Sometimes it shows "Script Error".

Foradain, Mage of Phoenix Rising.
Foradain's Character Conclave
Avatar courtesy of Satellite Nine.
If you can't see an image I've posted, please let me know!

Doctor Tyche
Doctor Tyche's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 23 hours ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 11:29
In other words, like a '74

In other words, like a '74 Buick. *rimshot*

Technical Director

Read enough Facebook and you have to make Sanity Checks. I guess FB is the Great Old One of the interent these days... - Beamrider

Foradain
Foradain's picture
Offline
Last seen: 33 min 8 sec ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/25/2013 - 21:06
Your '74 Buick has script

Your '74 Buick has script errors? ^_^

Foradain, Mage of Phoenix Rising.
Foradain's Character Conclave
Avatar courtesy of Satellite Nine.
If you can't see an image I've posted, please let me know!

Doctor Tyche
Doctor Tyche's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 23 hours ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 11:29
It had a lot of errors

It had a lot of errors

Technical Director

Read enough Facebook and you have to make Sanity Checks. I guess FB is the Great Old One of the interent these days... - Beamrider

Doctor Tyche
Doctor Tyche's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 23 hours ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 11:29
Should be working now, let me

Should be working now, let me know if you have any more issues.

Technical Director

Read enough Facebook and you have to make Sanity Checks. I guess FB is the Great Old One of the interent these days... - Beamrider

Foradain
Foradain's picture
Offline
Last seen: 33 min 8 sec ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/25/2013 - 21:06
If it's supposed to be just a

If it's supposed to be just a blank rectangle, then it is working in Edge. In IE (which I only use when Edge fails me, which is far to often) I see a "Script Error" message. And in Firefox, I get a message "Blob is not a constructor".

Foradain, Mage of Phoenix Rising.
Foradain's Character Conclave
Avatar courtesy of Satellite Nine.
If you can't see an image I've posted, please let me know!

Dark Ether
Dark Ether's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 39 min ago
kickstarter
Joined: 10/03/2013 - 16:26
I get the black box/abyssal

I get the black box/abyssal view as well. I went back and checked last year and could see it fine. Assuming it's the same sort of thing, this time not so much. Using Pale Moon, which was started as an open source browser akin to Firefox, but without all the extra baggage.

Of course, I still can't see any of the videos linked via the youtube bb-code either, so it may be related.

(insert pithy comment here)

avelworldcreator
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 29 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 12:19
Dark Ether wrote:
Dark Ether wrote:

I get the black box/abyssal view as well. I went back and checked last year and could see it fine. Assuming it's the same sort of thing, this time not so much. Using Pale Moon, which was started as an open source browser akin to Firefox, but without all the extra baggage.
Of course, I still can't see any of the videos linked via the youtube bb-code either, so it may be related.

This was written for common browsers. If you can't do webGL, for example, this isn't going to work for you. I'm still fixing a lot of issues and reworking code. See if you have the same issue with Firefox (ideally 64 bit). This is a technology that Unreal is using for producing HTML5 based games. Still has it's kinks.

-----------

Senior Developer/Project Manager/Co-Founder,,, and then some.

avelworldcreator
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 29 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 12:19
Foradain wrote:
Foradain wrote:

If it's supposed to be just a blank rectangle, then it is working in Edge. In IE (which I only use when Edge fails me, which is far to often) I see a "Script Error" message. And in Firefox, I get a message "Blob is not a constructor".

Not working in Edge? I just tested that a few hours ago! Let me try again.

-----------

Senior Developer/Project Manager/Co-Founder,,, and then some.

avelworldcreator
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 29 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 12:19
Just tried Edge again. There

Just tried Edge again. There IS a momentary black screen I saw but it didn't persist. I did notice Edge is sensitive to connections speeds with this.

-----------

Senior Developer/Project Manager/Co-Founder,,, and then some.

Dark Ether
Dark Ether's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 39 min ago
kickstarter
Joined: 10/03/2013 - 16:26
avelworldcreator wrote:
avelworldcreator wrote:

Dark Ether wrote:
I get the black box/abyssal view as well. I went back and checked last year and could see it fine. Assuming it's the same sort of thing, this time not so much. Using Pale Moon, which was started as an open source browser akin to Firefox, but without all the extra baggage.
Of course, I still can't see any of the videos linked via the youtube bb-code either, so it may be related.
This was written for common browsers. If you can't do webGL, for example, this isn't going to work for you. I'm still fixing a lot of issues and reworking code. See if you have the same issue with Firefox (ideally 64 bit). This is a technology that Unreal is using for producing HTML5 based games. Still has it's kinks.

Just fyi, Pale Moon handles HTML5 just fine on various other sites I visit, and is a 64-bit browser as well. I have no problem seeing YT videos using the Share-Embed-More preview, which I believe in said would be working in a soon-ish (tm) site update.

As I mentioned, I saw the video from the previous April 1 just fine. I can try another browser, but there's no need if it's the same video (it seems like the same audio from what I remember).

(insert pithy comment here)

Doctor Tyche
Doctor Tyche's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 23 hours ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 11:29
Dark Ether wrote:
Dark Ether wrote:

avelworldcreator wrote:
Dark Ether wrote:
I get the black box/abyssal view as well. I went back and checked last year and could see it fine. Assuming it's the same sort of thing, this time not so much. Using Pale Moon, which was started as an open source browser akin to Firefox, but without all the extra baggage.
Of course, I still can't see any of the videos linked via the youtube bb-code either, so it may be related.
This was written for common browsers. If you can't do webGL, for example, this isn't going to work for you. I'm still fixing a lot of issues and reworking code. See if you have the same issue with Firefox (ideally 64 bit). This is a technology that Unreal is using for producing HTML5 based games. Still has it's kinks.
Just fyi, Pale Moon handles HTML5 just fine on various other sites I visit, and is a 64-bit browser as well. I have no problem seeing YT videos using the Share-Embed-More preview, which I believe in said would be working in a soon-ish (tm) site update.
As I mentioned, I saw the video from the previous April 1 just fine. I can try another browser, but there's no need if it's the same video (it seems like the same audio from what I remember).

It's not a video this time, it's the actual game from the previous April 1.

Try this page, and see if you can run this: https://www.unrealengine.com/html5/

Technical Director

Read enough Facebook and you have to make Sanity Checks. I guess FB is the Great Old One of the interent these days... - Beamrider

avelworldcreator
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 29 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 12:19
Dark Ether wrote:
Dark Ether wrote:

avelworldcreator wrote:
Dark Ether wrote:
I get the black box/abyssal view as well. I went back and checked last year and could see it fine. Assuming it's the same sort of thing, this time not so much. Using Pale Moon, which was started as an open source browser akin to Firefox, but without all the extra baggage.
Of course, I still can't see any of the videos linked via the youtube bb-code either, so it may be related.
This was written for common browsers. If you can't do webGL, for example, this isn't going to work for you. I'm still fixing a lot of issues and reworking code. See if you have the same issue with Firefox (ideally 64 bit). This is a technology that Unreal is using for producing HTML5 based games. Still has it's kinks.
Just fyi, Pale Moon handles HTML5 just fine on various other sites I visit, and is a 64-bit browser as well. I have no problem seeing YT videos using the Share-Embed-More preview, which I believe in said would be working in a soon-ish (tm) site update.
As I mentioned, I saw the video from the previous April 1 just fine. I can try another browser, but there's no need if it's the same video (it seems like the same audio from what I remember).

It's not a video. It's a very complex bit of JavaScript that was produced by a special compiler that converts C++ code. Your browser apparently lacks a feature that allows it to work. Here is the first connected search hit I've found:
https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?t=13663

Further searching on the site indicates Pale Moon is still lacking WebGL support. The community is asking for someone to work on a patch but until then your browser simply can't run this game.

-----------

Senior Developer/Project Manager/Co-Founder,,, and then some.

Foradain
Foradain's picture
Offline
Last seen: 33 min 8 sec ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/25/2013 - 21:06
The next question is, will

The next question is, will there (can there?) be a workaround for those whose browsers won't support the code?

Foradain, Mage of Phoenix Rising.
Foradain's Character Conclave
Avatar courtesy of Satellite Nine.
If you can't see an image I've posted, please let me know!

Doctor Tyche
Doctor Tyche's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 23 hours ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 11:29
Unfortunately, that is out of

Unfortunately, that is out of our hands. However, we are looking into alternative delivery options.

Technical Director

Read enough Facebook and you have to make Sanity Checks. I guess FB is the Great Old One of the interent these days... - Beamrider

avelworldcreator
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 29 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 12:19
Foradain wrote:
Foradain wrote:

The next question is, will there (can there?) be a workaround for those whose browsers won't support the code?

Ask the producers of the browser to add the missing support features? The only other workaround is the one I pointed out above - use a different browser or locate a extension to your existing browser that adds the feature. We have tested this on Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. We know these should work after hours of debugging and testing this week. Since Chrome, Chromium, and Safari use the same engine they should also work. Doctor Tyche linked a web site above that provides a direct test of your browser. If you can't launch that web-based game then you can't launch ours either.

-----------

Senior Developer/Project Manager/Co-Founder,,, and then some.

Dark Ether
Dark Ether's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 39 min ago
kickstarter
Joined: 10/03/2013 - 16:26
Doctor Tyche wrote:
Doctor Tyche wrote:

It's not a video this time, it's the actual game from the previous April 1.
Try this page, and see if you can run this: https://www.unrealengine.com/html5/

Yep, I can run that just fine there.

(insert pithy comment here)

avelworldcreator
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 29 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 12:19
Dark Ether wrote:
Dark Ether wrote:

Doctor Tyche wrote:
It's not a video this time, it's the actual game from the previous April 1.
Try this page, and see if you can run this: https://www.unrealengine.com/html5/
Yep, I can run that just fine there.

Then I need your error messages. Can you get them?

-----------

Senior Developer/Project Manager/Co-Founder,,, and then some.

Dark Ether
Dark Ether's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 39 min ago
kickstarter
Joined: 10/03/2013 - 16:26
Just a blank screen. I get

Just a blank screen. I get the compiling message, then II get the game sounds with a black screen. The game is running because I can randomly click around and stuff is apparently happening because I get other game sounds when I do so.

The only reason to spend any time at all on this is if you intend to link such things in the future, because I really don't intend to fly my chicken around, so to speak.

(insert pithy comment here)

Fireheart
Fireheart's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 24 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/05/2013 - 13:45
I run Firefox, but I also run

I run Firefox, but I also run NoScript, which blocked it, until I allowed the game code to run.

Be Well!
Fireheart

Foradain
Foradain's picture
Offline
Last seen: 33 min 8 sec ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/25/2013 - 21:06
avelworldcreator]Dark Ether
avelworldcreator wrote:
Dark Ether wrote:
Doctor Tyche wrote:

It's not a video this time, it's the actual game from the previous April 1.
Try this page, and see if you can run this: https://www.unrealengine.com/html5/

Yep, I can run that just fine there.

Then I need your error messages. Can you get them?

How do you go about getting error messages from Edge?

Foradain, Mage of Phoenix Rising.
Foradain's Character Conclave
Avatar courtesy of Satellite Nine.
If you can't see an image I've posted, please let me know!

Doctor Tyche
Doctor Tyche's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 23 hours ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 11:29
Dark Ether wrote:
Dark Ether wrote:

Just a blank screen. I get the compiling message, then II get the game sounds with a black screen. The game is running because I can randomly click around and stuff is apparently happening because I get other game sounds when I do so.
The only reason to spend any time at all on this is if you intend to link such things in the future, because I really don't intend to fly my chicken around, so to speak.

There are a few purposes for this, including testing the server for load handling, if enough of you can run this for us to build other pieces to output to HTML, etc.

Technical Director

Read enough Facebook and you have to make Sanity Checks. I guess FB is the Great Old One of the interent these days... - Beamrider

Dark Ether
Dark Ether's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 39 min ago
kickstarter
Joined: 10/03/2013 - 16:26
Foradain - are you getting

Foradain - are you getting the black screen, but still hearing the game playing? If so, can you click around in the dark and actually interact with the game, as I was able to do?

(insert pithy comment here)

Lin Chiao Feng
Lin Chiao Feng's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Developerkickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 11/02/2013 - 09:27
Foradain wrote:
Foradain wrote:

avelworldcreator wrote:
Dark Ether wrote:
Doctor Tyche wrote:
It's not a video this time, it's the actual game from the previous April 1.
Try this page, and see if you can run this: https://www.unrealengine.com/html5/
Yep, I can run that just fine there.
Then I need your error messages. Can you get them?
How do you go about getting error messages from Edge?

Hit F12 for the console.

Has anyone seen my mind? It was right here...

Lin Chiao Feng
Lin Chiao Feng's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Developerkickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 11/02/2013 - 09:27
Dark Ether wrote:
Dark Ether wrote:

Just fyi, Pale Moon handles HTML5 just fine on various other sites I visit, and is a 64-bit browser as well. I have no problem seeing YT videos using the Share-Embed-More preview, which I believe in said would be working in a soon-ish (tm) site update.
As I mentioned, I saw the video from the previous April 1 just fine. I can try another browser, but there's no need if it's the same video (it seems like the same audio from what I remember).

The YouTube thing should work (it works for me on Firefox and Safari), the code is checked in, and it's ready to go... soon as I can get some arms twisted to push it live. There are some database upgrades that need to happen to fix other bugs, and that means we'll have to take the site down for hours, which of course nobody really wants to do because we like seeing your happy posts here.

Though I am quite tempted to pick some time of the week (Patch Tuesday?) to just bring the site down for routine maintenance. Even if it doesn't need it. Just to get everyone in a habit. This would at least make these things predictable for the content folks. And also so you won't have to wait three bleeding weeks to get YouTube embeds to work.

Foradain wrote:

The next question is, will there (can there?) be a workaround for those whose browsers won't support the code?

That's like asking for a workaround to let you play No Man's Sky on a computer with Matrox graphics. No dice, man.

That said, I might be able to work something up, but it'll need at least a drafting table, some pennies, a color printer, a tabletop fan, the scrolling mechanism gutted from a player piano, some Jelly Bellies or small colorful pebbles, and an 8-track player (though I can only test this on a badly abused Teddy Ruxpin).

Has anyone seen my mind? It was right here...

Dark Ether
Dark Ether's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 39 min ago
kickstarter
Joined: 10/03/2013 - 16:26
This may be the one:

This may be the one:

Timestamp: 4/1/2017 7:31:09 PM
Warning: Error: WebGL: Drawing to a destination rect smaller than the viewport rect. (This warning will only be given once)
Source File: blob:https://applications.thebasketcasesoftware.com/77658a92-d68a-49a2-a0d4-4...
Line: 1

(insert pithy comment here)

avelworldcreator
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 29 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 12:19
I found a possible issue with

I found a possible issue with the page javascript. It's hard because Epic when providing this production feature left out a LOT of documentation.

-----------

Senior Developer/Project Manager/Co-Founder,,, and then some.

Dark Ether
Dark Ether's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 39 min ago
kickstarter
Joined: 10/03/2013 - 16:26
FYI, here are the ones which

FYI, here are the ones which that site gives for me:

Timestamp: 4/1/2017 7:30:53 PM
Warning: Error in parsing value for 'display'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: https://applications.thebasketcasesoftware.com/ClickyCape/
Line: 77, Column: 10
Source Code:
display: -webkit-box;

Timestamp: 4/1/2017 7:30:53 PM
Warning: Error in parsing value for 'display'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: https://applications.thebasketcasesoftware.com/ClickyCape/
Line: 79, Column: 10
Source Code:
display: box;

Timestamp: 4/1/2017 7:30:53 PM
Warning: Unknown property 'box-align'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: https://applications.thebasketcasesoftware.com/ClickyCape/
Line: 83, Column: 10
Source Code:
box-align: center;

Timestamp: 4/1/2017 7:30:53 PM
Warning: Unknown property 'box-pack'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: https://applications.thebasketcasesoftware.com/ClickyCape/
Line: 87, Column: 9
Source Code:
box-pack: center;

Timestamp: 4/1/2017 7:31:04 PM
Warning: Successfully compiled asm.js code (loaded from cache in 364ms)
Source File: blob:https://applications.thebasketcasesoftware.com/77658a92-d68a-49a2-a0d4-4...
Line: 0

Timestamp: 4/1/2017 7:31:09 PM
Warning: Error: WebGL: Drawing to a destination rect smaller than the viewport rect. (This warning will only be given once)
Source File: blob:https://applications.thebasketcasesoftware.com/77658a92-d68a-49a2-a0d4-4...
Line: 1

And the errors:

Timestamp: 4/1/2017 7:35:07 PM
Error: TypeError: $.browser is undefined
Source File: https://cityoftitans.com/sites/all/themes/adaptivetheme/at_core/scripts/menu-toggle.js?ona58a
Line: 5

(insert pithy comment here)

avelworldcreator
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 29 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 12:19
Thanks. That's what I was

Thanks. That's what I was needing.

-----------

Senior Developer/Project Manager/Co-Founder,,, and then some.

avelworldcreator
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 29 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 12:19
Dark Ether wrote:
Dark Ether wrote:

FYI, here are the ones which that site gives for me:
Timestamp: 4/1/2017 7:30:53 PM
Warning: Error in parsing value for 'display'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: https://applications.thebasketcasesoftware.com/ClickyCape/
Line: 77, Column: 10
Source Code:
display: -webkit-box;
Timestamp: 4/1/2017 7:30:53 PM
Warning: Error in parsing value for 'display'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: https://applications.thebasketcasesoftware.com/ClickyCape/
Line: 79, Column: 10
Source Code:
display: box;
Timestamp: 4/1/2017 7:30:53 PM
Warning: Unknown property 'box-align'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: https://applications.thebasketcasesoftware.com/ClickyCape/
Line: 83, Column: 10
Source Code:
box-align: center;
Timestamp: 4/1/2017 7:30:53 PM
Warning: Unknown property 'box-pack'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: https://applications.thebasketcasesoftware.com/ClickyCape/
Line: 87, Column: 9
Source Code:
box-pack: center;
Timestamp: 4/1/2017 7:31:04 PM
Warning: Successfully compiled asm.js code (loaded from cache in 364ms)
Source File: blob:https://applications.thebasketcasesoftware.com/77658a92-d68a-49a2-a0d4-4...
Line: 0
Timestamp: 4/1/2017 7:31:09 PM
Warning: Error: WebGL: Drawing to a destination rect smaller than the viewport rect. (This warning will only be given once)
Source File: blob:https://applications.thebasketcasesoftware.com/77658a92-d68a-49a2-a0d4-4...
Line: 1
And the errors:
Timestamp: 4/1/2017 7:35:07 PM
Error: TypeError: $.browser is undefined
Source File: https://cityoftitans.com/sites/all/themes/adaptivetheme/at_core/scripts/menu-toggle.js?ona58a
Line: 5

Just for the record all but one of those warnings relate to the CSS file. The error relates to Drupal which this forum is based on. I have no idea if it has any relationship to the game. Most of the CSS errors relate to a new HTML5 feature "flexbox". It seems the generator might be using some old code there. Why there is flexbox stuff there at all is a surprise but I'll be getting rid of it this weekend if I can.

-----------

Senior Developer/Project Manager/Co-Founder,,, and then some.

Foradain
Foradain's picture
Offline
Last seen: 33 min 8 sec ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/25/2013 - 21:06
Dark Ether wrote:
Dark Ether wrote:

Foradain - are you getting the black screen, but still hearing the game playing? If so, can you click around in the dark and actually interact with the game, as I was able to do?

No, it's either a blank white rectangle (with or without a "script error" message); or the game plays for a while, crashing after a few collisions, and then restarting again while I'm trying to write down what I'm seeing. The white rectangle is much less common this evening.

Lin Chiao Feng wrote:
Foradain wrote:

How do you go about getting error messages from Edge?

Hit F12 for the console.

That brings up a panel at the bottom of the Edge window that looks identical to the panel that comes up when I right-click and select "view source". Which tab should I be looking at?

Foradain, Mage of Phoenix Rising.
Foradain's Character Conclave
Avatar courtesy of Satellite Nine.
If you can't see an image I've posted, please let me know!

Dark Ether
Dark Ether's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 39 min ago
kickstarter
Joined: 10/03/2013 - 16:26
If you have a Tools-Web

If you have a Tools-Web Developer (or some such) menu item, there may be an error console there. That's what my browser has.

(insert pithy comment here)

avelworldcreator
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 29 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 12:19
Foradain wrote:
Foradain wrote:

Dark Ether wrote:
Foradain - are you getting the black screen, but still hearing the game playing? If so, can you click around in the dark and actually interact with the game, as I was able to do?
No, it's either a blank white rectangle (with or without a "script error" message); or the game plays for a while, crashing after a few collisions, and then restarting again while I'm trying to write down what I'm seeing. The white rectangle is much less common this evening.
Lin Chiao Feng wrote:
Foradain wrote:
How do you go about getting error messages from Edge?
Hit F12 for the console.
That brings up a panel at the bottom of the Edge window that looks identical to the panel that comes up when I right-click and select "view source". Which tab should I be looking at?

F12 does pretty much the same thing as "View Source" I found this morning. Right-clicking doesn't always work for this so f12 is much more reliable. I did Edge on a older laptop at my other job this morning over a cut-rate Time Warner connect via WiFi. I had a peak upload speed of about .25Mbps. And, yes, that's how I finalized this project today. Not fun.

-----------

Senior Developer/Project Manager/Co-Founder,,, and then some.

Foradain
Foradain's picture
Offline
Last seen: 33 min 8 sec ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/25/2013 - 21:06
Ah, found the tab labeled

Ah, found the tab labeled "Console". But it didn't show anything different in the clicky-cruise page than this page except for the target, all through several attempts to load the page and running the game until it crashed.

Time for the next experiment.

And now the only error I can get is "Microsoft Edge not responding", followed by the page being closed and reopened with the console closed. If the page loads properly, then the game seems to run properly (if you're only supposed to get a certain number of tries before your turn is over, or you need to put in another quarter...)

Foradain, Mage of Phoenix Rising.
Foradain's Character Conclave
Avatar courtesy of Satellite Nine.
If you can't see an image I've posted, please let me know!

avelworldcreator
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 29 min ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 12:19
Foradain wrote:
Foradain wrote:

Ah, found the tab labeled "Console". But it didn't show anything different in the clicky-cruise page than this page except for the target, all through several attempts to load the page and running the game until it crashed.
Time for the next experiment.

The direct link to where the game is being hosted is here:
https://applications.thebasketcasesoftware.com/ClickyCape/
This is a temporary setup while I debug the project.

Launching from there directly might eliminate issues arising from the City of Titans site. I've been rewriting the web code and Javascript (except for the compiled stuff) entirely but I wasn't able to have this done in time for this scheduled release. We got stuck with the debug web page version of the product.

-----------

Senior Developer/Project Manager/Co-Founder,,, and then some.

Cinnder
Cinnder's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 34 min ago
Gunterkickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 08/26/2013 - 16:24
Doesn't work for me in IE11,

Doesn't work for me in IE11, but that's not surprising since the link to the UE page Doc provided displays an error saying you have to use Firefox, Safari, Chrome, or Opera.

Managed to get it working in Chrome, but I wish I hadn't. That has to be the most annoying game I've ever attempted. Every time I click to keep him in the air, he jumps up farther than the size of the gaps through which he's supposed to fly.

Spurn all ye kindle.

Lin Chiao Feng
Lin Chiao Feng's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Developerkickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 11/02/2013 - 09:27
Cinnder wrote:
Cinnder wrote:

Managed to get it working in Chrome, but I wish I hadn't. That has to be the most annoying game I've ever attempted. Every time I click to keep him in the air, he jumps up farther than the size of the gaps through which he's supposed to fly.

That's what working with Saul is like in a nutshell.

Has anyone seen my mind? It was right here...

Doctor Tyche
Doctor Tyche's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 23 hours ago
Developer11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 11:29
Cinnder wrote:
Cinnder wrote:

Doesn't work for me in IE11, but that's not surprising since the link to the UE page Doc provided displays an error saying you have to use Firefox, Safari, Chrome, or Opera.
Managed to get it working in Chrome, but I wish I hadn't. That has to be the most annoying game I've ever attempted. Every time I click to keep him in the air, he jumps up farther than the size of the gaps through which he's supposed to fly.

Well, it *is* an April Fools joke, so we can mark this down as "Working as Intended"

Technical Director

Read enough Facebook and you have to make Sanity Checks. I guess FB is the Great Old One of the interent these days... - Beamrider

Grimfox
Grimfox's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 14 hours ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 08/05/2014 - 10:17
I thought it was just me and

I thought it was just me and the clicky thing. I feel better now. Please tell saul, to work with Captain Orbit's robot on any future revisions.

(at)Roxanna - Little Sister - Plutonium Bloom - MilkShakes
Triumph
Guardian
Virtue

Dev Tracker: http://cityoftitans.com/forum/fixing-dev-digest
Dev Comments: https://cityoftitans.com/forum/dev-comments