Announcements

Join the ongoing conversation on Discord: https://discord.gg/w6Tpkp2

Please read the current update for instructions on downloading the latest update. Players with Mac versions of the game will not be affected, but you will have a slightly longer wait for your version of the new maps. Please make a copy of your character folder before running the new update, just to make sure you don't lose any of your custom work.

It looks like we can give everyone a list of minimum specs for running City of Titans. Please keep in mind that this is 'for now' until we are able to add more graphics and other system refinements. Currently you will need :
Windows 10 or later required; no Intel integrated graphics like UHD, must have AMD or NVIDIA card or discrete chipset with 4Gb or more of VRAM
At least 16GB of main DRAM.
These stats may change as we continue to test.

To purchase your copy of the City of Titans Launcher, visit our store at https://store.missingworldsmedia.com/ A purchase of $50 or more will give you a link to download the Launcher for Windows or Mac based machines.

950k Tier question. (Tails)

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ezuka
Ezuka's picture
950k Tier question. (Tails)

Is anyone aware if that tier means that if we want tails at launch, we must reach it, or does it mean that there will be additional tails on top of the ones planned originally? I was under the impression that we were going to be able to recreate our old characters, and a tail is incredibly important for my two main characters; heck, for me, the character body is all that important. My characters never really had a set costume; I was/am changing what they wear all the time!

I fully expect anything missing to be added eventually, but knowing whether or not I'll be able to resume my lives as my two characters immediately would be good!

Zombie Man
Zombie Man's picture
kickstarter
Whether there will be tails

Whether there will be tails at launch is unknown. The stretch goal was to help make sure that we could have them at launch. Each stretch goal allows for another license or two for the software for 3D artist to work with, or, to purchase pre-made models, or at least farm out the task as a contract. Working with volunteers, there's only so much that can be done at once. If the 3D artists we have now are spending months making and animating tails, then they can't be making auras, or capes, or power GFX at the same time.

That said, perhaps static tails can come out first and maybe at launch, and then later animated tails, like with CoH.

As far as recreating old characters... it is unlikely that the tons of options that were available in CoH will *all* be ready at launch (or their equivalents... we will *not* be copying their protected Intellectual Property work). However, as a newer engine, CoT will have costume options which CoHers only dreamed about....

Former Online Community Manager & Forum Moderator

[img]http://missingworldsmedia.com/images/favicon.ico[/img]

Lothic
Lothic's picture
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Yeah it's hard to say, two

Yeah it's hard to say, two years from launch, exactly what's going to be in the game at launch or not. I wouldn't assume that what's listed in the Stretch Goals is 100% fixed in stone yet. Priorities will change and we're going to have to be willing to adapt to that.

For what it's worth I understand the point about wanting tails for your characters at launch. When I created my original Main for CoH I envisioned her as having animated wings and tail. Of course when CoH launched we had no wings and only static, non-moving tails. It took literally years of waiting before I finally got the wings and tail I originally wanted.

Hopefully if we do end up having to wait for parts we got used to in CoH that it won't take nearly as long for them as it did the first time around.

CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012
[IMG=400x225]https://i.imgur.com/NHUthWM.jpeg[/IMG]

Wyvern
Well, if you absolutely must

Well, if you absolutely must have a tail, you could always back the kickstarter at "Registered Lethal Weapon" or higher... They've said that props can be animated, too, though I suspect they meant simple stuff like spinning gears, rather than the context-dependent animation a tail would require.

Still, I'd expect that - especially if you decided to make that prop unlock for everyone instead of keeping it exclusive - that such a tail would get animations whenever they're able to get to animating tails.

As I count it, we've got either 75 or 99* custom props from the current backers; it's probably safe to assume that at least one of those is going to be a tail. Of course, it might not be [i]your[/i] tail...

*(75 is if we assume that fashionista+ levels get only two props; the text really reads like they get three - one as described under fashionista, +2 for including double trouble, but I think I remember someone commenting that that wasn't actually intended?)

Phoenix Rising Token Minidragon

Comicsluvr
Comicsluvr's picture
Zombie Man wrote:
Zombie Man wrote:

However, as a newer engine, CoT will have costume options which CoHers only dreamed about....

Don't TEASE like that man...seriously! LOL!

I remember when Star Wars was cool...a long, long time ago...

Ezuka
Ezuka's picture
I'd be perfectly happy with

I'd be perfectly happy with static tails at launch. Heck, even just a canine/feline tail rather than specific types would curb my desire for tails in the beginning. I definitely don't expect every item in CoH to have a CoT equivalent. I'm sure that'd take ages. From my experience with 3DS Max, animating and modeling objects that don't look like crap takes quite along time. Thanks so much for responding! It's good to hear that you guys are actively trying to appease the masses!

Ezuka
Ezuka's picture
I wish I could afford the $1

I wish I could afford the $1,000, but alas, I'm a college student. :(

Lothic
Lothic's picture
Ezuka wrote:
Ezuka wrote:

I'd be perfectly happy with static tails at launch. Heck, even just a canine/feline tail rather than specific types would curb my desire for tails in the beginning. I definitely don't expect every item in CoH to have a CoT equivalent. I'm sure that'd take ages. From my experience with 3DS Max, animating and modeling objects that don't look like crap takes quite along time. Thanks so much for responding! It's good to hear that you guys are actively trying to appease the masses!

If memory serves CoH started with around 4 or 5 static tails. I think they were along the lines of "dog", "cat", "rat", "devil" and "reptile". Not trying to hold CoT to that list - just pointing it out for historical reference. ;)

CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012
[IMG=400x225]https://i.imgur.com/NHUthWM.jpeg[/IMG]

Petalstorm
Petalstorm's picture
Developerkickstarter
Yeah it would be hard to meet

Yeah it would be hard to meet the amount of costume pieces and options coh had at the end because that is several years worth of work and adding to the costume creator. Static tails are not a problem and we will have them for those who want them. Problem is we want to give y'all something much more exciting and better then static tails that is why the stretch goal. It is going to take some dedicated animator time to focus just on the animated tails.

[color=#ff0000]Art Director[/color]

[img]http://missingworldsmedia.com/images/favicon.ico[/img]