Please make the undead look unique and frightening

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cyclops
Cyclops's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 38 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 04/10/2015 - 17:24
Please make the undead look unique and frightening


this is an interesting look, complete with a fire aura. I would say this one has the defensive powerset that is a damage shield...

all I am looking for is more than the handful of cookie cutter minions that COH offered

RottenLuck
RottenLuck's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 48 sec ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/05/2012 - 20:32
Bring that my main is an

Bring that my main is an Undead I do hope we get more options then slumbering rotten corpse.

A more mummified look is my personal wish.

--------------------------------------------------------
Personal rules of good roleplay
1.) Nothing goes as planned.
2.) If it goes as planned it's not good RP

Cyclops
Cyclops's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 38 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 04/10/2015 - 17:24
this one is invisible except

this one is invisible except for the costume and aura. I don't know if that option will be available for players but it will be needed for a headless horseman.

ConundrumofFurballs
ConundrumofFurballs's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 32 min ago
Developerkickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 12/05/2012 - 16:03
We have two different

We have two different factions of ghosts currently slated for launch. One is your classic Generic Ghosts, the other is the angry about being dead ones.
Infer appearances based on that however you will.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Conundrum of Furballs

Composition Team, Staff Writer

Cyclops
Cyclops's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 38 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 04/10/2015 - 17:24
the dead have...factions? I

the dead have...factions? I could earn faction with ghosts?
--this game gets more interesting every time a dev speaks, Thanks CF.

Hmmm I made a post about a ghost girlfriend....now I'm wondering if it may be a reality...

TitansCity
TitansCity's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 20 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/28/2013 - 02:09
Don't forget that the library

Don't forget that the library is a node of power with lots of magical artifacts... Ghostbusters would probably look at that place :D

Cyclops
Cyclops's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 38 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 04/10/2015 - 17:24
Now you did it. I want to

Now you did it. I want to make a ghost buster team....

Project_Hero
Project_Hero's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 10/09/2014 - 11:21
(No subject)

"Let the past die. Kill it if you have to."

Cobalt Azurean
Cobalt Azurean's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 34 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/03/2013 - 16:39
(No subject)

The Venk Man.

Scott Jackson
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/20/2013 - 20:13
Cyclops wrote:
Cyclops wrote:

Now you did it. I want to make a ghost buster team....
[pic trimmed]

Looks like they weren't expecting alien ghosts...

speaking of which, hope we someday get to fight some enemies with abilities that trigger once the original form is killed, and not just the traditional "self-destruct" or "resurrected in the same form" kind that the Vahz had.

Fireheart
Fireheart's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 6 min ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/05/2013 - 13:45
Mome Rath the Ever Living!

Mome Rath the Ever Living!

You beat the mummy, now fight the ghost?

Be Well!
Fireheart

Foradain
Foradain's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 23 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/25/2013 - 21:06
Fireheart wrote:
Fireheart wrote:

Mome Rath the Ever Living!

You beat the mummy, now fight the ghost?

Be Well!
Fireheart

That's outgrabeous

Foradain, Mage of Phoenix Rising.
Foradain's Character Conclave
Avatar courtesy of Satellite Nine.
If you can't see an image I've posted, please let me know!

Foradain
Foradain's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 23 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/25/2013 - 21:06
Fireheart wrote:
Fireheart wrote:

Mome Rath the Ever Living!

You beat the mummy, now fight the ghost?

Be Well!
Fireheart

That's outgrabeous!

Foradain, Mage of Phoenix Rising.
Foradain's Character Conclave
Avatar courtesy of Satellite Nine.
If you can't see an image I've posted, please let me know!

notears
notears's picture
Offline
Last seen: 35 min 48 sec ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/04/2013 - 17:24
(No subject)

Redlynne
Redlynne's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 20 hours ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/28/2013 - 21:15
TitansCity wrote:
TitansCity wrote:

Don't forget that the library is a node of power with lots of magical artifacts... Ghostbusters would probably look at that place :D


Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.
Lothic
Lothic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 35 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/02/2013 - 00:27
Cyclops wrote:
Cyclops wrote:

all I am looking for is more than the handful of cookie cutter minions that COH offered

I'd personally have no problem with having truly scary/frightening undead in CoT. But we do have to remember we're likely going to have little kids playing this game with their parents. So while I assume we'll get things that'll look a tad bit more horrific than this:

I somehow doubt we'll get anything quite like this:

CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

Project_Hero
Project_Hero's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 10/09/2014 - 11:21
(No subject)

"Let the past die. Kill it if you have to."

notears
notears's picture
Offline
Last seen: 35 min 48 sec ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/04/2013 - 17:24
Lothic wrote:
Lothic wrote:
Cyclops wrote:

all I am looking for is more than the handful of cookie cutter minions that COH offered

I'd personally have no problem with having truly scary/frightening undead in CoT. But we do have to remember we're likely going to have little kids playing this game with their parents. So while I assume we'll get things that'll look a tad bit more horrific than this:

I somehow doubt we'll get anything quite like this:

Well I don't know about that, I mean yeah full on gore filled undead would be too much, but a Nosfuratu style vampire? Kids these days are smarter than people give them credit for, an undead that shouldn't be in the game is more like the Tarman or a zombie without skin stuff like that, not Nosfuratu vampires....

Lothic
Lothic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 35 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/02/2013 - 00:27
notears wrote:
notears wrote:
Lothic wrote:
Cyclops wrote:

all I am looking for is more than the handful of cookie cutter minions that COH offered

I'd personally have no problem with having truly scary/frightening undead in CoT. But we do have to remember we're likely going to have little kids playing this game with their parents. So while I assume we'll get things that'll look a tad bit more horrific than this:

I somehow doubt we'll get anything quite like this:

Well I don't know about that, I mean yeah full on gore filled undead would be too much, but a Nosfuratu style vampire? Kids these days are smarter than people give them credit for, an undead that shouldn't be in the game is more like the Tarman or a zombie without skin stuff like that, not Nosfuratu vampires....

Please... I think you know what I meant by this. Did you really need me to spend hours linking to hundreds of various bloody/nasty examples? I basically just grabbed the first one I saw that was "worse" than Casper. *shrugs*

Clearly there WILL be a limit to exactly how obscene/grotesque any undead are going to be allowed to appear in this game.

CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

notears
notears's picture
Offline
Last seen: 35 min 48 sec ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/04/2013 - 17:24
Lothic wrote:
Lothic wrote:
notears wrote:
Lothic wrote:
Cyclops wrote:

all I am looking for is more than the handful of cookie cutter minions that COH offered

I'd personally have no problem with having truly scary/frightening undead in CoT. But we do have to remember we're likely going to have little kids playing this game with their parents. So while I assume we'll get things that'll look a tad bit more horrific than this:

I somehow doubt we'll get anything quite like this:

Well I don't know about that, I mean yeah full on gore filled undead would be too much, but a Nosfuratu style vampire? Kids these days are smarter than people give them credit for, an undead that shouldn't be in the game is more like the Tarman or a zombie without skin stuff like that, not Nosfuratu vampires....

Please... I think you know what I meant by this. Did you really need me to spend hours linking to hundreds of various bloody/nasty examples? I basically just grabbed the first one I saw that was "worse" than Casper. *shrugs*

Clearly there WILL be a limit to exactly how obscene/grotesque any undead are going to be allowed to appear in this game.

Sorry was having a bad day... yeah you're right...

Lothic
Lothic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 35 min ago
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 10/02/2013 - 00:27
notears wrote:
notears wrote:

Sorry was having a bad day... yeah you're right...

That's OK... Chances are no matter which pic I used somebody probably would've thought "that's not scary at all". ;)

But anyway we already know this game is not likely to show any significant amounts of blood/guts so that's probably going to make any critter that's supposed to be "ultra-gruesome" relatively tame regardless. This is the compromise we get to live with for the "T for Teen" rating.

If you really want "unique and frightening" undead you have to accept that the classic "innocent protagonist being fully turned to the dark side" sequence was handled by Let Me In:

about a million times better than this clunker of a movie:

CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

Wolfgang8565
Wolfgang8565's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 16 min ago
Joined: 10/31/2014 - 14:51
Please not too frightening.

Please not too frightening. That's the main reason I stopped playing TSW. Every which way I turned there was a horrifyingly scary creature chasing me.

Halae
Halae's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 sec ago
11th Anniversary Badge
Joined: 09/17/2014 - 09:37
Wolfgang8565 wrote:
Wolfgang8565 wrote:

Please not too frightening. That's the main reason I stopped playing TSW. Every which way I turned there was a horrifyingly scary creature chasing me.

My understanding is they're going for a variety of tones in different parts of the city, but are going out of their way to make sure there's variant leveling paths. As a result, you can do that one zone you skipped with you main on your alt... or avoid that one place you despise altogether.

An infinite number of tries doesn't mean that any one of those tries will succeed. I could flip an infinite number of pennies an infinite number of times and, barring genuine randomness, they will never come up "Waffles".

Wolfgang8565
Wolfgang8565's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 16 min ago
Joined: 10/31/2014 - 14:51
Halae wrote:
Halae wrote:
Wolfgang8565 wrote:

Please not too frightening. That's the main reason I stopped playing TSW. Every which way I turned there was a horrifyingly scary creature chasing me.

My understanding is they're going for a variety of tones in different parts of the city, but are going out of their way to make sure there's variant leveling paths. As a result, you can do that one zone you skipped with you main on your alt... or avoid that one place you despise altogether.

That's true. And I forgot that there will be flight. That's one thing I hated about TSW, I had to run through the bad areas and I could never just fly over to get to a mission.