That a question i wonder. What are the features which make CoT, for you, the real successor of City Of Heroes ? My post is not made to underestimate the other successors but to list why CoT is not a superhero game but a successor.
I aim to publish a paper on that and i would like to gather the opinion of people on this subject. I will not refer to anyone (so MWM people could answer if they want) since i would like to make an objective article with no comparison to the other successor.
As i thought about what characterized CoH, to my mind there are some reasons and features but i can't list everything. I already think about those :
- the name : "City of"
- the power system : archetype / primary set / secondary set / tertiairy set
- the archetypes which are likely in the same vein, style as CoH
- the symbolic history of CoT (a great fire that destroy the town - like the end of CoH - which leads to a new world that is CoT)
- the travel powers
- added : costume customization
- added : power customization
- added : gearless system (something to confirm. do not confuse with inventory system)
- added : augment and refinement power system
- added : planned mission creator
- added : liely similar areas like harbour, parks, magical area…
- added : modern and nowadays environnements
- added : Deep character customization
What are your opinions ?