Some thoughts on things we'd do with an SG base or personal lair, most of which are not new, but feel free to add any of your own thoughts.
1. Travel faster: you use the base as a way to get form point A to point B faster than walking. COX had teleporters, you could do that, or have super vehicles that accomplish something similar in various ways, with the vehicle being static furniture and doing cutscenes, like the choppers in CoX, etc.
2. Inventory space: you can store more stuff in the long term because you have inventory slots that the base gives you, but you can only access them from the base.
3. Crafting: making stuff requires tools, you'd keep them in the base.
4. Missions: the base might have a Trouble Alert Monitor that you can get missions off of.
5. Communications: maybe you get map, inside the base, that tells you where other SG members are, and shows the current state of the world map, like where Babbage is, whether or not the Hamidon is up, etc. plus you might have a SG chat channel that the base unlocks for you in some way, like you have to build a SG radio antenna or launch a satellite to make that work.
6. Medical care: You can respawn at the base instead of the hospital, assuming there's a reason you'd want to. Maybe the base has travel options that get you back to the mission you're in faster.
7. PvP arena: maybe you can spar with other SG members in a Danger Room type deal that allows you to fight other heroes in "simulated" combat. Maybe you can even just programm it for one person to try to measure your combat effectiveness, like DPS, etc.
8. MIDs build analyzer: maybe the you can look at your build using the base's diagnostic computer system and use that to generate a build plan that you can then respec into.
R.S.O. of Phoenix Rising