Announcements

This week's oneshot update is live!
Join the discussion, and don't forget to leave other update ideas in our FAQ Feedback thread.

Glitch404's Character Showcase: Scarlet Striker

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Glitch404
Glitch404's picture
Glitch404's Character Showcase: Scarlet Striker

Warning: Lots and lots of text

Update (06/10/2019): Shortened biography

Determined Archetype: Enforcer - (Gladiator)
Basic Playstyle: Melee - (Kinetic Melee [Pri.]/Super Agility [Sec.]/Super Senses [Ter.])
Movement Travel Powers: Parkour/Swing/Super Jump

Art by JoeMDavis

Basic Information:
Name: Arthur Simek
Alias(es): Scarlet Striker, Artie, Scarlet, Strikey, Red, “The Ninja”, Red Roughhouser, Glowstick
Species: Human (Psy-Active Transmute)
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Marital: Single
Relatives: Charlie Simek (father); Maria Simek (mother)
Base of Operations: Aurora, Titan City; Hollybriar, Aurora

Physical Characteristics:
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 140 lbs
Physique: Athletic
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Hazel
Skin: Regular
Distinguishing Features: None

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Biography:

High school, first loves, and young drama is something that can surround the personal lives of any teenager unless you're the regular, mild-mannered Arthur Simek. Arthur grew up as an only child in the Hollybriar neighborhood of Aurora in north Titan City with his parents Charlie and Maria Simek. Unbeknownst to Arthur though, he was actually born as a Psy-Active, an individual with a dormant gene in their genetic code that would see the potential development or emergence of psionic powers during either their youth or in the wake of a stressful or traumatic event. However, due to the fear of what would become of their son if he were to ever discover these powers, Arthur's parents opted on putting him on a special medication that would suppress his mutant genes for years until they had appeared to be completely "erased" from his biology.

Many years after this during his freshman year in high school, Arthur would go on a field trip with his best friend, James Morgan to GenSense Technologies, a rival biotech company, and corporation to Tyrosine. It was here at GenSense that Arthur stumbled into the vacant lab of Roman Taylor where he discovered an oddly shaped device that, unbeknownst to Arthur, was a fanciful auto-injector more akin to an EpiPen that upon close inspection pricked Arthur in his thumb and injected him with an experimental compound called Omicron. Over the course of several weeks, the Omicron serum slowly reawakened all of Arthur's lost psionic powers that he would've developed had they not been dampened due to his parents' meddling.

After several week-by-week "training" sessions conducted by James, Arthur slowly began to use his powers for personal gain and primarily used them to escape his social life for a few hours. As time went on, Arthur soon found himself using his powers to stop two-bit thugs and muggers around his neighborhood and eventually was dubbed by local news outlets and authorities, Scarlet Striker, due to the signature red-colored energy his hands would emanate with whenever he would engage in physical combat with most of his adversaries.

During one unfortunate evening on Take Your Child to Work Day, Arthur attended his father, who was a construction foreman to a construction site. Whilst here, a generator malfunction caused Arthur's father to investigate the faulty piece of equipment, but Arthur's newfound psionic senses forewarned of him of the danger his father was about to welcome himself to. A mix of conflicting emotions in Arthur's courage and self-esteem caused him to be unable to use his powers to save his father out of fear of what he would think of him, thus resulting in the generator not only exploding his dad's face, but also landing him in a coma and paralyzing him from the waist down.

Falling into a deep depression for days, this event caused Arthur to quit acting as his vigilante counterpart for a long time before a high-speed car chase prompted Arthur into the "hero life" yet again. Making use of a prototype "grapnel bracer" he had originally made as a school project and as a way to impress his high school crush, Laura Bryant, Arthur swung through the streets of Titan City in order to stop this car chase before someone was to get hurt. Also in the process of doing this, Arthur saved an aspiring costume tailor by the name of Olivia who would come to pay him back for this heroic act in the future.

Upon successfully stopping the car chase, Arthur was thanked, praised and cheered by all of the nearby civilians who watched this entire act unfold. Cherishing every bit of the moment and reflecting back on some wise words preached by his father: "A true hero uses his strength to combat unnecessary evil and his heart to save those that are caught in that evil's crossfire.", Arthur decided from that point onward that this would not only be his legacy but would be his redemption for being unable to protect his father and almost losing him due to his cowardice. Arthur soon reconnected with Olivia, the tailor he saved during the car chase and she gifted to him an "official" superhero suit as up until this point, Arthur had just been making use of a red hoodie as his "costume". Gladly accepting it and thanking the girl for the hard work she put in to make it, Arthur came to finally embrace his destiny as the Astonishing Scarlet Striker.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Powers and Abilities:

Superhuman Physiology:
Arthur's exposure to the Omicron serum has greatly enhanced his physiology to superhuman levels.

Currently, Arthur can lift up to around 7 tons, run faster than most of his school’s own track and field team and is even able to exert hours of energy before eventually becoming fatigued. His muscular system has also seen steroid-like enhancements thanks to the Omicron serum and thus allows him to fully exert himself both physically and mentally for what can be hours at a time before tiring, His body is inhumanly resistant towards impact force, as he is shown to ‘tank’ hits from superhumans of far greater strength level than himself and even survive collision against solid concrete buildings, structures, and even explosions. Finally, Arthur's agility, reflexes, and equilibrium are self-described as "off the charts", possessing a background in both gymnastics and amateur parkour. Because of this Arthur can pull off very nimble and acrobatic feats that rival Olympic-class athletes and gymnasts and achieve a state of perfect equilibrium in any position imaginable by instinct. His brain can also intake and respond to stimuli at an accelerated rate, alerting him to dangers around him through the use of his enhanced senses, his body does the rest as his reflexes immediately take full control and allow to effortlessly dodge and counter most attacks aimed at him.

Tactile Telekinesis:
Scarlet Striker possesses a form of combat-oriented telekinesis known as 'tactile telekinesis'. His TK field has a range of 50 feet minimum and 80 feet maximum, anything that is to occupy this field or even come into contact with Arthur, whether it is intentional or not, becomes vulnerable to his telekinetic powers. Arthur can use his TK further augment his physical capabilities such as his strength, speed, agility, durability, senses, etc. and even control or manipulate those that are in his surrounding environment such as ripping chunks of rock from out of the ground, generate intense vibration through solid surfaces, telekinetically alter the atmospheric pressure his TK field takes up, create force fields, disassemble people and things and shoot telekinetic blasts.

Enhanced Senses:
Arthur's senses have been greatly enhanced to superhuman levels, describing them to be ten times better than what they normally were. The most notable of these enhanced senses is perhaps his olfactory and auditory senses. Arthur is able to perceive sounds and scents from over several meters away, though these can be rivaled by those with more keen and animal-like senses.

Energy-Enhanced Combat:
Arthur can infuse his attacks with raw psionic power to further enhance the effect of his otherwise amateur combat skills. This has become his primary method of offense and helped earn his namesake as 'Scarlet Striker' due to the red-colored energy that is usually seen emanating from his hands when he incorporates this said energy into his physical attacks. It does appear though that Arthur is limited to using the energy in melee range and can't properly project it into a ranged attack.

Psionic Jump:
By fully utilizing his superhuman-levels of speed and agility, Arthur is capable of performing “super-leaps” and jumping considerable distances to and from buildings and obstacles that are located far apart from one another. Arthur’s enhanced physiology seems to have developed an internal hydraulic system which alters the pressure of body fluid within his legs, enabling him to jump up to 80 times his body height without an increase in leg muscle mass.

Regenerative Healing Factor:
Scarlet Striker can heal faster than the normal person, capable of fully healing and recovering from intense injuries in a matter of hours.

Equipment:

Grapnel Bracers:
A pair of twin devices that are strapped to each of his wrists, Scarlet Striker utilizes these ‘grapnel bracers’ as his main way of transportation throughout Titan City. They consist of a highly flexible monofilament cable with a tensile strength of four metric tons which is compressed within the containment device that is the bracer units. The cable itself is then propelled outward via the use of a compact, pneumatic mechanism built within the bracers and a trigger function that runs along with the palms of either of Arthur’s hands. Upon activation, the resulting build-up of pressurized air inside the bracer(s) causes the cable to be propelled outward and being able to catch hold of whatever it is initially fired at. The incredible high tensile cable also allows Striker to support people and objects of varying heights and weights.
Disk Launcher:
A secondary function of Scarlet Striker’s Grapnel Bracers, by loading a cartridge of spring-loaded disks, Scarlet is able to fire a barrage specialized projectiles at his enemies. Some examples include taser disks and flash disks.

Ricochet Discs:
Scarlet Striker’s Ricochet Discs are stored along the belt/waistline area of his suit and have the ability to bounce off walls and hit targets with incredible force via a thick, black leather covering surrounding the discs to ensure non-lethal injuries dealt against enemies. Surprisingly, Scarlet is able to throw these with pinpoint accuracy, precision, and dexterity although one could assume his telekinetic powers must give him some kind of edge when he is to use these weapons.

Grapnel Splitter:
The grapnel splitter is the sister device of Scarlet Striker’s grapnel bracers. The splitter works by way of a miniature device that fires two separate cable tethers horizontally and suspending its target in place. There's also a special magnet/adhesive on the device's bottom so that it can be stuck to a target and have its tethers activated remotely by Striker.

Trivia:

Inspirations that played a key part in Scarlet Striker's creation was:
Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja (Disney XD).
Ultimate/Spectacular Spider-Man (Marvel).
Ricochet (Marvel).
Mutant 2099 (Marvel).
Superboy (DC Comics).

⦁ If a voice actor were to be provided to Scarlet Striker, it would be Will Friedle from the Green Arrow shorts on DC Nation.

⦁ A possible face claim for Scarlet Striker would be that of Colin Ford.

"If I am to die in battle, Remember me for who I was and not what I've become..."

Hablaguy28
Hablaguy28's picture
That is a really cool update

That is a really cool update suit from the previous one!

"Science is the gift of humanity that we all should treasure."

Glitch404
Glitch404's picture
Hablaguy28 wrote:
Hablaguy28 wrote:

Thank yuh! Thought it would be nice to have the suit stand out a bit more if I made a few slight changes.

"If I am to die in battle, Remember me for who I was and not what I've become..."

Hablaguy28
Hablaguy28's picture
Glitch404 wrote:
Glitch404 wrote:
Hablaguy28 wrote:

Thank yuh! Thought it would be nice to have the suit stand out a bit more if I made a few slight changes.

I think the jacket could have like a bit of design but it still looks badass! Especially the haircut!

Glitch404
Glitch404's picture
Hablaguy28 wrote:
Hablaguy28 wrote:
Glitch404 wrote:
Hablaguy28 wrote:

I think the jacket could have like a bit of design but it still looks badass! Especially the haircut!

The thought of adding a design to the jacket was considered. But it was scrapped due to then it would be hard to pair the jacket with street clothes and if it were to have any distinctive patterns or style to it, someone may just be able to make the connection that this random kid might just be Scarlet Striker.

Hablaguy28
Hablaguy28's picture
Glitch404 wrote:
Glitch404 wrote:
Hablaguy28 wrote:
Glitch404 wrote:
Hablaguy28 wrote:

The thought of adding a design to the jacket was considered. But it was scrapped due to then it would be hard to pair the jacket with street clothes and if it were to have any distinctive patterns or style to it, someone may just be able to make the connection that this random kid might just be Scarlet Striker.

Even then! It works so well! I just hope nobody discovers his identity by his hair color.