Announcements

Join the ongoing conversation on Discord: https://discord.gg/w6Tpkp2

Please read the current update for instructions on downloading the latest update. Players with Mac versions of the game will not be affected, but you will have a slightly longer wait for your version of the new maps. Please make a copy of your character folder before running the new update, just to make sure you don't lose any of your custom work.

It looks like we can give everyone a list of minimum specs for running City of Titans. Please keep in mind that this is 'for now' until we are able to add more graphics and other system refinements. Currently you will need :
Windows 10 or later required; no Intel integrated graphics like UHD, must have AMD or NVIDIA card or discrete chipset with 4Gb or more of VRAM
At least 16GB of main DRAM.
These stats may change as we continue to test.

To purchase your copy of the City of Titans Launcher, visit our store at https://store.missingworldsmedia.com/ A purchase of $50 or more will give you a link to download the Launcher for Windows or Mac based machines.

2016....the aftermath (non super powered ooc)

43 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gideon Cross
Gideon Cross's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
2016....the aftermath (non super powered ooc)

Just thought I'd make this for Blue so we can discuss OOC stuff. I am enjoying the zombie rp since I am a big zombie fan. The outfit my character is wearing is something I had been considering on designing as an apocalypse outfit for fun.

"In the end there can be only one" The Highlander

RottenLuck
RottenLuck's picture
kickstarter11th Anniversary Badge
Of course I'm a Zombie fan as

Of course I'm a Zombie fan as well. Not sure why I haven't gotten into the Walking dead. Normally I jump at the undead stories. Well maybe it's me I really stopped watching T.V. regularly anyway.

-------------------------------------------
Personal rules of good roleplay
1.) Nothing goes as planned.
2.) If it goes as planned it's not good RP

RottenLuck
RottenLuck's picture
I do have a question though,

I do have a question though, How long has it been since the outbreak? Trying to think about how big the Devil's Tower stronghold would be. If it just a year or even half a year then they still would been able to construct basic concrete structure. The food out posts would been harder given they would have to be in area's where the Zombies could get to.

Gideon Cross
Gideon Cross's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
This is a good question.

This is a good question. Would help to know how long my characters been living in their home they built together. the bunker is a pretty big bunker made out of 10 shipping containers put together and buried under ground.

Foradain
Foradain's picture
Well, if the date is 2016,

Well, if the date is 2016, and they actually built it for the Mayan Calendar Rollover of 2012, that would bracket things fairly well...

Foradain, Mage of Phoenix Rising.
[url=https://cityoftitans.com/forum/foradains-character-conclave]Foradain's Character Conclave[/url]
Avatar courtesy of [s]Satellite9[/s] [url=https://www.instagram.com/irezoomie/]Irezoomie[/url]

RottenLuck
RottenLuck's picture
A lot of things change given

A lot of things change given time frame. Gas for example does go bad so scavenging fuel would be hard. So if it been just a few months the gas be good, beyond that you need fuel stabilizers to use that old gas. After a year no gas left in car tanks would be useful. Maybe some left in airtight containers. There are also a question of what food supplies and even medical supplies that could be found.

I'm thinking of about a year time passed since the start of the outbreak myself. The Tower is just now reaching out to establish farms. They be running like a Castle City state. The mission the blimp was on was to check the condition of the nuclear power plants in Nebraska, Kansas or Arizona. Given enough time without maintenance or controllers Nuclear power plants would go into meltdown as the cooling water around the rods boil off. The East coast would be a radiated wasteland.

blue5150
well if we base things loosly

well if we base things loosly on the show, its been a year since the outbreak. there is no power anywhere, and most supplies have been stockplied by lunatics or used. The show is based on the survival of a group that do whatever it takes to just exhist. a single bite is a death sentence. and just to die naturally menas you turn. I made this thread combining the show and the movie 28 days later, if you havent seen yet, id recommend. the common knowledge youd have to know is one. unless youre 100 percent immune a bite and its over. the zombies only die when thier brain is killed. the ragers i added, are the faster moving ones from the movie 28 days later. if youre bit you have like a 10% chance to turn into a rager if its going to happen itll happenfast, like hours. if not you get fever , last for a few days, then die and reanimate. no cure can be found.
the world now is without any power at all....most towns have been stripped clean and are filled with the zombies, and the cities..forget it.. millions of zombies wander in each one. the standard zombie is slow and easy to avoid. but in massive herds, can easily overwhelm. the ragers however most fast and scream alot, which attracts more of the former. they dont fear fire....theyll just burn and still try to eat you. the only way to stop any of them is the brain...]
\
you are correct about the gas, it does go stale for lack of a better word....the newer cars cant handle it and they sputter or not even work, an older car like the 70s ford truck kyle drives can take it for now. more of a tolerance. however, if youve ever seen the military grade engines that run on anything ....kyle has modded his truck to run on pretty much anything. he could fill the tank with whisky , or anything of the sort. a combination of gas and alcohol works best however. the whole premise is to jsut survive in the world, make friends, strength in numbers, and avoid those whod kill you for your last two cans of tuna....

Gideon Cross
Gideon Cross's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
the bunker was made big to

the bunker was made big to accomodate their whole family which consisted of both their parents and their siblings who were all lost in the outbreak. so they had this huge bunker built for them but were the only 2 survivors of their families to make it there.

blue5150
about how much food and

about how much food and supplies are left in the bunker......we have to go out now and then and scavange? trying to come up with ideas to have them leave etc.. instead of just bunker down and wait. is there a source of fresh water? like a nearby well? is there power like a generator off the grid? lol sorry if im asking too many questions..... trying to come up with ways others could introduce chars to the rp...like we had to go to a nearby town to get medicine and run into whoever..... or fish the local strem and meet another survivor ...

Gideon Cross
Gideon Cross's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
they had about a years worth

they had about a years worth of food in the bunker so if the outbreak happened a year ago they would have a few weeks of food left in the bunker which was food they didn't eat while they bugged in their old house for those first few weeks of the outbreak. about 2 weeks worth so that's why they were out scavenging so yup we will have to go out scavenging to restock the supply. The had alot more since they were stocking up enough food for their whole family but had given some to those that wandered in their place that were not hostile.

blue5150
cool sounds good, and i

cool sounds good, and i assume being prepared..youd have fishing gear, nets and such. as well .

Gideon Cross
Gideon Cross's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
Yup they would have fishing

Yup they would have fishing gear. as well as a green house inthe back where hey plant certain things.

blue5150
oh and what state you think

oh and what state you think wed be in.. im assuming it would be somewhere warmer, like warm all year for food to grow and such, cold weather or even contstant freezing could force survivors to warmer climate just to function.

Gideon Cross
Gideon Cross's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
Why not make it somewhere

Why not make it somewhere like Florida or even South Carolina somewhere in the south.

RottenLuck
RottenLuck's picture
Kind of long way from Wyoming

Kind of long way from Wyoming! Besides most of the east coast be radioactive. Something most Apocalyptic stories tend to forget is the nuclear power plants would eventually run out of water and then meltdown releasing radiation out. Florida has five plants, SC has 7. On top of that the East coast would be the most populated area of the US so it be crawling with undead.

RottenLuck
RottenLuck's picture
Me if I could choose anywhere

Me if I could choose anywhere it be in the foothills of the Rockies. Perhaps Colorado only one Major city and that Denver and you have large sections devoted to National Park forests. Good hunting ground for any Survivalist mindset.

Gideon Cross
Gideon Cross's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
That could work as well.

That could work as well.

Foradain
Foradain's picture
Also, plains running off to

Also, plains running off to the east and mountains in the west, makes for more terrain types.

I presume only (former) humans can carry the virus?

[url=https://cityoftitans.com/forum/foradains-character-conclave]Foradain's Character Conclave[/url]
Avatar courtesy of [s]Satellite9[/s] [url=https://www.instagram.com/irezoomie/]Irezoomie[/url]

RottenLuck
RottenLuck's picture
I think he's going with the

I think he's going with the idea the Virus is in everyone, most sicken and died from it others mutated into Ragers before subcoming. The survivors are carriers and could turn if they die.

Thought I'm not sure, that what I got from Blue's posts.

Foradain
Foradain's picture
I was thinking animals,

I was thinking animals, actually. Some stories, any animals can become zombies, most seem to be humans-only. If animals can carry the virus, you have to cook your food carefully. No more rare steaks.

blue5150
Basing right off walking dead

Basing right off walking dead. Everyone is infected except the small majority that's 100 percent immune. If you die you turn. Only animals bitten get infected and if so eating infected meat will kill you. But animals don't turn. They just get sick and die. Colorado sounds good. Very south western point. Sound good?

Gideon Cross
Gideon Cross's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
Sounds good to me. :)

Sounds good to me. :)

RottenLuck
RottenLuck's picture
From what I posted the Bunker

From what I posted the Bunker be about fifty miles outside of Denver. Near interstate 70 if I read the map correctly.

Gideon Cross
Gideon Cross's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
Coolies. :)

Coolies. :)

Gideon Cross
Gideon Cross's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
I will be out the whole day

I will be out the whole day to spend Father's day with my family.

RottenLuck
RottenLuck's picture
Blue I let you give the Tower

Blue I let you give the Tower's response. There a number of things to prevent travel, a horde group moved through the area preventing land travel. High winds preventing balloon,blimp and fuel for the choppers are reserved for critical use only one woman wouldn't add in to that. Unless she had vital intel.

blue5150
ok sounds good..feel like

ok sounds good..feel like running Karen? Emmas counterpart? Just running three chars now...or at least give her reaction after she wakes up screaming?

blue5150
how far away is the tower

how far away is the tower from the bunker?

RottenLuck
RottenLuck's picture
Hundred miles north and 30

Hundred miles north and 30 east.

Faceless
Faceless's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
I have a character idea, he's

I have a character idea, he's insane, but still friendly. Though i'm not sure how i'd introduce him at the moment.

Gideon Cross
Gideon Cross's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
Maybe my character can run

Maybe my character can run into him in the forest

Faceless
Faceless's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
Hmm, yes, though not in the

Hmm, yes, though not in the current position. I'll wait until Rick is on the move again.

Faceless
Faceless's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
Also i have a question: Are

Also i have a question: Are ragers just fast zombies or do they have some special qualities which walkers don't possess?

blue5150
they are based on the zombies

they are based on the zombies from 28 days later, where as the others are based on the ones from the walking dead.

Faceless
Faceless's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
So there are two viruses

So there are two viruses going on: rage virus (Living humans controlled by virus) and zombie virus (Dead humans controlled by virus)? Or is there only one virus, which has different effects on different hosts?

blue5150
no just one, the ragers are

no just one, the ragers are modeled after them , not identical. just wanted the odd more threatening creature in this thread. the virus kills them and a few move faster and act more volitile than the rest.

Faceless
Faceless's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
Alright, got it.

Alright, got it.

Faceless
Faceless's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
I'll edit my post accordingly

I'll edit my post accordingly.

Gideon Cross
Gideon Cross's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
it's fine I editd. no need

it's fine I editd. no need to.

blue5150
btw Walking dead starts OCT

btw Walking dead starts OCT 12 on amc 9pm est.

Foradain
Foradain's picture
Sure it's not EDT? ^_^

Sure it's not EDT? ^_^

Gideon Cross
Gideon Cross's picture
11th Anniversary Badge
And Z nation this friday

And Z nation this friday

RottenLuck
RottenLuck's picture
Truth is I'm losing interest

Truth is I'm losing interest in continuing to RP in this story. Running into writers block at least.